Maxicards chat

@omatsu – Natsuko, You always have amazing postcards!

4 Likes

Various maxicards realised using Biei (Hokkaido)'s fukei-in for @nocsiz, @vt-all, @TwasBrillig, @Hemang, @Kamiliya, @MrSyu, @Inez_g, @Peanut, @halloichbins:

[Date of cancellation: 10 June 2024.]

21 Likes

Various maxicards realised using Kamifurano (Hokkaido)'s fukei-in for @Celaeno_283, @Dorinco, @twinkletwonkle, @Olaur:

[Date of cancellation: 10 June 2024.]

15 Likes

Maxicard of the Japanese writer Yasunari Kawabata, realised on his birthday 14 June, at the post office that is the closest to his birhplace in Osaka:

[Date of cancellation: 14 June 2024.]

His stamps are easy to find, but his postcard is quite a rarity.

12 Likes

Maxicard of the Japanese writer Osamu Dazai, realised on the anniversary of his death 13 June, at the district of Tokyo where he succeeded in taking up his life, using a Mitaka fukei-in that features him in traditional kimono:

[Date of cancellation: 13 June 2024.]

These postcards feature the same photo by Shigeru Tamura of Dazai walking down the Mitaka Pedestrian Overhead Bridge. The bridge is so closely associated with Dazai that one of the commemorative stamps issued in 2009 for his 100th anniversary (which is used in the second maxicard) features an image of this bridge.

10 Likes

Beautiful! Thank you!

1 Like

Beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So georgous ( as usual), thank you Linda !

1 Like

Hеllо Linda!
My email translator says I didn’t claim my winnings? I didn’t refuse, it must be some kind of mistake. I apologise for the inconvenience.If it’s still possible, I’m interested in all the promotions I’ve participated in.

Tatjana –

I don’t get what you were trying to say. I do plan on sending the Biei maxicard I promised you to you shortly. See the following image:

4 Likes

Thank you very much, dear Linda! Since I am not fluent in English, I use an electronic translator. And it translated your words incorrectly. He said that all the people named did not claim their winnings. Again, I apologise for the confusion and thank you very much! :heart:

2 Likes

Self photographed an created Maxicards: 50 years pedestrian area in Amberg. <div data-theme-slic

12 Likes

Today is the anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising. I realised these two maxicards for my lottery winners @Autumn_Jo and @nediam_nori:

13 Likes

So amazing!! Thank you!

I received this amazing Maxicard a couple of days ago :open_mouth::

Adelaide Crows Football Club AFL Centenary 1996 First Day Postcard

Thank you @betteredthan for such a treasure!! :pray:

5 Likes

Who’s excited?

Full info: https://www.upu.int/en/universal-postal-union/activities/philately-ircs/world-post-day-2024#slide-1

9 Likes

Republic of China (Taiwan) Recreational Activities maxicards,
2024-07-02.

7 Likes

Republic of China (Taiwan) Recreational Activities maxicards,
2024-07-02.

10 Likes

thank you for sharing and now very exicted

1 Like

Here is the next set of Pantone cards.

I love this stamp release. The stamps show Aboriginal art featuring stories of the Seven Sisters, which are drawn from the Seven Sisters/Pleidades constellation. There are stories from around the world that draw from this same constellation.

So these additional cards are on cards that reference the Pleiades.

Three are older representations of the constellation (the first card is a stretch - the Pleiades forms part of Taurus). The next three are on NASA photographs of the Pleiades (first card) and other nebula.

11 Likes