Maxicards chat

Republic of China (Taiwan) Recreational Activities maxicards,
2024-07-02.

8 Likes

thank you for sharing and now very exicted

1 Like

Here is the next set of Pantone cards.

I love this stamp release. The stamps show Aboriginal art featuring stories of the Seven Sisters, which are drawn from the Seven Sisters/Pleidades constellation. There are stories from around the world that draw from this same constellation.

So these additional cards are on cards that reference the Pleiades.

Three are older representations of the constellation (the first card is a stretch - the Pleiades forms part of Taurus). The next three are on NASA photographs of the Pleiades (first card) and other nebula.

9 Likes

My first attempt. I wasn’t planning to but I came across this postcard a few weeks ago and thought it would be a good match. It’s a picture taken by the photographer Elliott Erwitt back in 1955 in south of France. Sadly, the cancellation came out poorly. :baguette_bread:

21 Likes

Republic of China (Taiwan)
2024 Taidung Hotballon Festival,
2024-07-06.

15 Likes

Salut :slight_smile: ! Comment as-tu fait pour le tampon ? C’est un officiel ou tu l’as créé toi-même ?

1 Like

Hello @Bastet44 :wave:

You’re in the international part of the forum where speaking English is required.

The postmark is official, I’ve requested it through mail. I’ll send you a private message giving you all the details.

2 Likes

Any idea which countries will participate?

1 Like

I’m so happy how beautiful they turned out to be.
I wonder what ink they use they are so bold and nice not faded and hard to see like often the case with German postmarks.

I’m ready now for the D&D issue

18 Likes

Got this amazing and valuable Maxicard from @Tepestaika today! It’s the most valuable and oldest maxicard I’ve received so far. So honored!
Thank you so much Jouko! :pray:

4 Likes

Most of my Maxicards are abaut 1981

1 Like

Wow! Can you share the links?

2 Likes

I still have to photograph most of them.
I hope to get around to it this weekend.
They come from eBay, from collection liquidations.

1 Like

I have quite some old German and other countries Maximum cards too. Some examples

Brasilian Maximum card from Lubrapex in Lisboa in 1985

Turkish one from 1983

Jersy one from 1983

Finish one from 1982

German from 1981

United Nations 1980

Vatican from 1978

just some images from my swap album

7 Likes

As always, you have amazing cardmaximums!)) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

the pufferfish!!!

1 Like

I recently joined the postcard Instagram and that’s where I found out what maxicards were. Earlier this year, the USPS released manatee stamps (I have always adored manatees and even have one tattooed!) and jumped on the opportunity to do it. I probably have about 15 still to trade/send :see_no_evil: I went a little crazy! I’ve since sent off more to the post master and it feels like sending my children off into the wilderness.

9 Likes

Lovely Chinese maxicard received as an official:

8 Likes

I just received this beauty from Taiwan

Thank you @MatsuHong

5 Likes

Letter Writing Day stamps 2024 :jp:

15 Likes