Maxicards chat

Beautiful :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Very tasty cardmaximum))

2 Likes

Sorry if this is a silly question, but how/where do you buy these in Australia? Thanks x

1 Like

The Pantone cards? I bought them from The Nile. They list things that aren’t sold in Australia and ship them from other countries, so it was not super-fast. But I couldn’t find them from any other local supplier.

3 Likes

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Maxicards realised on the theme of the Japanese manga/anime Cardcaptor Sakura, using the set of matching ‘frame’ stamps that celebrate the 25th anniversary of the anime adaptation.

The choice of cancellation may be unintuitive at first: As this work was created by the manga artist group CLAMP whose members were all born on different days and at different locations (3 in Kyoto and 1 in Osaka), it’s impossible to get the cancel on the creator’s birthday. So I opted for this work’s first run date instead. However, there wasn’t much information that could be found about which date it is – I only knew that it was first serialised in the June 1996 issue of the magazine Nakayoshi. So I set the cancellation date on the first of June this year.

As to the location of the cancel – since it’s a tough choice to pick only one location in Kyoto / Osaka for the creation of these maxicards, I opted instead for the location where the story was set. It’s supposed to be somewhere in the Tokyo metropolitan area, and if memory serves, I dimly remember that Tokyo Tower – the old symbol of Tokyo – appeared in the story. Hence, I chose this classic fukei-in that has started being in use since 1959, the next year Tokyo Tower had been inaugurated.

[Date of cancellation: 1 June 2024.]

(Taken ↓)

(Taken ↓)

(Taken ↓)

15 Likes

They are amazing!!!

2 Likes

Greetings Summer stamps :jp:
There are ten different designs on the stamps, but both postmark designs feature morning glories.

19 Likes

I love the windchime postcard - I want to find something similar!

2 Likes

Beautiful Meerabai cards and stamps offered by @nj_mails to help me create my first ever Maxicard :heart_eyes:
I loved the process, thank you so much

9 Likes

Oh, so beautiful! :heart_eyes: And I think the cancellation is very fitting.
I loved Card Captor Sakura 20+ years ago and it’s one of the very few manga I’ve kept and still have on my bookshelve. :heart_eyes: Now I want to re-read it very badly… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I used Greetings Summer stamps and requested postmarks from several post offices.

23 Likes

These are great! Where are the first and last fukei-in from? I don’t seem to have the sunflower one in my Hokkaido map (and Google translate isn’t helping) and I can’t make out the second kanji in the last one clearly enough to translate it.

3 Likes

@mooseontheloose
The first one is from 豊里(Toyosato) Post Office. They stamped it very carefully :smiling_face:
The last one is from 丸亀(Marugame) Post Office.

2 Likes

Thanks! I should have guessed the Marugame one, after all I do know that first kanji and have been there myself, but I haven’t had a chance to work on the Shikoku portion of my fukei-in map. Is the Toyosato post office the one Ozara? It seems to be a common name.

1 Like

Does “Ozara” mean Ozora-cho(大空町)?
If so, yes it is :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Teddy bears

I found the postmark, then discovered how many stamps Australia has made with Teddy Bears. Why are there so many?! This is definitely the biggest set of maxicards I have made.

17 Likes

I immediately fell in love with the teddy bears!
So cute!

2 Likes

I’m in just love with this pretty Postmark and illustration :heart_hands: i love sunflowers :sunflower:also reminds me of my penpal who left this hobby :people_hugging:

11 Likes

Amelia Earhart maxicard from Serbia:

7 Likes