Maxicards chat

The Manatee Lagoon has a bunch of really cute postcards!

5 Likes

I’d like to show a maxicard from Australia I received 2 weeks ago:

This maxicard was made for celebrating 50th Anniversary of the first race of Peter Brock at Mount Panorama in 1972.

3 Likes

Postrocrossing often encourages you not only to collect collections of interesting postcards, but also to visit stunning historical places and create cardmaximums that are amazing in content) I certainly envy you and at the same time I am very glad that you will now have such an amazing postcard in your collection)))

4 Likes

Christmas Island 2024 CLNY - Year of Dragon maxicards,

stamp: Christmas Island,
postcard: Taiwan,

Gulfmann Maxicards: NEW YEAR 2024

7 Likes

I’ve created my first maxicards! It’s pretty simplistic, being the issued cards, stamps, and postmark from the royal mail’s recent release for 100 years of commemorative stamps. I really like how they turned out though! Maxicard making is pretty fun, and I’m worried I’ll get addicted…

14 Likes

This year it’s a fox that features on Japan’s Asahiyama Zoo’s annual pictorial cancel (kogata-in).

The stamps I used in creating this set of maxicards is the prefectural issue of Hokkaido (the national issue of the same stamp was valued at 62 yen, which alone is not sufficient to request a cancel today), showing the ‘Ezo red fox’ native to Hokkaido.

The postcards show photographs of Ezo red fox as well.

[Date of cancellation: 30 April 2024.]

22 Likes

Very beautiful :heart: and I’m still fascinated that a red fox can be black too. It is just a colour morph not a different species

4 Likes

Some great designs here!

Are maxicards typically mailed? Do you need to include regular postage on the address side? Or are they sent inside an envelope only?

2 Likes

Varies by country. Here in the US, the front stamp is generally not valid. So send in an envelope, or cover the stamp on the front (or the entire front) and mail it as a regular postcard.

2 Likes

In Estonia- if you send the card on the day it was issued, with the stamp and cancellation, you can send it, our post only makes maxicards with stamps on the image side. But otherwise you have to buy a stamp on the address side.

Since we don’t issue maximum cards for the Europa series, I made my own card.

15 Likes
4 Likes

Republic of China (Taiwan) 2024 Happy Mother’s Day maxicard,
2024-05-12.

7 Likes

Giant panda maxicards realised in Ueno, Tokyo, for @Tetsuko, @Malika1604, @MAJIANG, @Dorinco, and @Anarghya:

[Date of cancellation: 7 May 2024.]

13 Likes

Maxicards of the Japanese manga series Chibi Maruko-chan realised on its author Momoko Sakura’s birthday, 8 May 2024, in her hometown Shimizu (Shizuoka prefecture):

(Taken ↓)

Since the pictorial cancel of Shimizu post office shows the iconic Mount Fuji that is visible from the town, I chose to use mostly postcards showing Mount Fuji (except the last one).

The stamps were taken from the series ‘Animation Hero and Heroine Series’.

12 Likes

A series from Switzerland of Swiss landscapes.

16 Likes

Those are awesome. You found a treasure trove of manatee postcards! :slight_smile: I think they would all work for maxicards and I can’t wait to see how they turn out.

2 Likes

Hello, that´s my first maxicard, that I created. I took the photo in the old-town-center of Amberg.It´s a view to the main chuch St. Martin.

6 Likes

Maxicards realised on the theme of the Japanese manga / anime Silver Spoon . The date of cancellation is the author Hiromu Arakawa’s birthday, 8 May 2024.

There are 2 postmark locations. The first is Obihiro where the story was set. Obihiro’s pictorial cancel shows a ban’ei horse so the postcards I choose to match with all show at least one horse.

Since there is no Silver Spoon stamp issued in Japan, I had to use something that’s representative of the area. I chose to use a set of stamps showing ban’ei, which appears in the story.

Obihiro is located in the Tokachi (十勝) region; the ban’ei stamps I used also shows clear ‘十勝’ imprinted on it (the stamps literally say ‘Ban’ei Tokachi’).

(1) [taken]

(2)

(3) [taken]

(4) [taken]

(5)

(6)

The second location is the author’s hometown Makubetsu, which is also located in the Tokachi (十勝) region.

(7)

(8)

(9)

(10)

(11)

(12) [taken]

8 Likes

Hiromu Arakawa is also the author of Fullmetal Alchemist. Here are some maxicards I created in the author’s hometown Makubetsu on her birthday (8 May 2024) using two sets of concordant stamps of the manga.

(1)

(2)

(3)

(4) [taken]

(5) [taken]

(6)

(7)

(8)

For the following ones I originally asked for a regular black Japanese cancel, but somehow my request might have been too complicated and they universally put the fukei-in, which, due to its ink colour, does not appear very clearly. Especially the last one, nothing is visible except the second character in the name of the town. Too bad :frowning:

(9)

(10) [taken]

11 Likes

A maxicard for the new Ansel Adams stamps in Yosemite came in the mail already

10 Likes