Maxicards chat

If I were to design a postcard with this award image, received on May 1, then what would be a concordant postage stamp, to create a maxicard?
Maybe some gold medal stamp?

1 Like

Event postmark at the Philatelic Museum

15 Likes

Eclipse 2024 maxicards realised with Canada’s new eclipse stamp and the first-day-of-issue cancel:

12 Likes

@FlyingPenguin, @OrdinaryLion

Penguin maxicards realised in Japan began to be redirected back to me!

The first pile makes use of the pictorial cancel (‘fukei-in’) offered at a Tokyo post office. It shows the Tokyo Port and the Antarctic Exploration Monument that is surrounded by penguins. The monument was erected in 1936 to mark the 25th anniversary of the first Antarctic expedition led by Japanese crew in 1910.

[Date of cancellation: 13 May 2024.]

14 Likes

The bottom penguins look like from asahiyama zoo penguin walks.

2 Likes

Good eyes! The photo was indeed taken at Asahiyama Zoo in Hokkaido. In fact, both photos were!

3 Likes

I can smell zoo postcards from afar :heart:

2 Likes

@FlyingPenguin, @OrdinaryLion, @Tetsuko

More penguin maxicards! This time, realised using the pictorial cancel that is offered at the post office next to Asahiyama Zoo in Asahikawa (Hokkaido), Japan:

[Date of cancellation: 15 May 2024.]

[I find this image hilarious :rofl: ]

14 Likes

Penguin maxicards realised in Edogawa (Tokyo), Japan, using the pictorial cancel offered at the post office next to Edogawa City Nature Zoo. It shows the Heisei Garden and various animals – including 2 penguins – at the zoo.

[Date of cancellation: 14 May 2024.]

15 Likes

Here’s some of my newest maxicards:

These are all maxicards I made myself - I know some of them are pushing the boundaries of being “true” maxicards, but these are all for myself, so I don’t care :sweat_smile:

I have to say, I hate the QR-code on the stamps… Ruins any chance of making a beautiful maxicard…

16 Likes

I got the Pokemon results back from France! @Tetsuko, @nisnoopy3, @Elenna2, @OrdinaryLion

They seem to stack an item on the top of another before the ink completely dried, so there is some smearing in the cancels. Also, their black ink is not dark black, but a bit gray-ish, so on some images you need to force your eyes a bit to see the cancel. But overall, the results are quite acceptable.

(1) [taken]

(2)

(3)

(4)

(5) [taken]

(6) [taken]

(7) [taken]

[Gosh! I really love Keiko Fukuyama’s illustration!]

(8) [taken]

(9)

(10) [taken]

(11) [taken]

(12) [taken]

(13) [taken]

(14) [taken]

(15) [taken]

(16) [taken]

(17) [taken]

(18) [taken]

(19) [taken]

(20) [taken]

18 Likes

These are great cards! Can I ask where you found them? I’ve been looking for Pokemon postcards but haven’t found anything anywhere (online or in appropriate stores).

2 Likes

My main sources include Mercari and Suruga-ya. The price on eBay for some of these cards are quite exaggerated, I wouldn’t recommend buying them from an eBay seller.

3 Likes

@delda

So cute!! I like the end result from my maxi card! The rest are quite fine and very nicely made maxi cards! :laughing::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you for doing it and they are lovely. Interessting that they didn’t postmark the stamp at all on one if the cards.

2 Likes

Are you referring to the four Pokemon cards joined together where the Charmander stamp almost appeared without the postmark?

It did postmark on the white border in the close up view.

1 Like

Yes you are right. Probably still too sleepy

2 Likes

Early in the morning, scrolling on the forum! :joy: Ha Ha ! !

3 Likes

More penguins! This time the pictorial cancel is offered at a post office in Nagasaki city (Nagasaki prefecture); it shows the Nagasaki Penguin Aquarium and penguins (ant the mysterious being on the left side of the penguins is said to be a sea otter – do you think it looks like a sea otter? :sweat_smile: )

13 Likes

Last penguins –

This pictorial cancel is offered at the Higashi Asahikawa Post Office (which must not be confused with Asahikawa Higashi Post Office that offers the annual Asahiyama Zoo kogata-in shared earlier), which is the second closest post office to Asahiyama Zoo.

Since it also shows a polar bear, I took this opportunity to realise a few polar bear maxicards as well:

15 Likes