:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Postal Monitor was recently updated for:
Albania, Australia, Christmas Is., Cocos Is., Dominican Republic, Georgia, Haiti, Mexico, Nepal, Norfolk Is., Seychelles, Slovenia, Trinidad and Tobago.

@zhuronhua and @1nt, thank you for the reports.

2 Likes

We were confused by that EMS note as well, as their spreadsheet file says the route to New Zealand is working, and has no note about being only for EMS. Still, we temporarily suspended the route until we could confirm it and, indeed, postcards are arriving from Russia to New Zealand, so the route is working and we restored it on the Postal Monitor.

RU-10031556
RU-10040067
RU-10034443
RU-10043622
RU-10029181
RU-10028329
RU-10028331
RU-10028333
RU-10029872
RU-10026155
RU-10031555
RU-10029891
RU-10026195
RU-10027215
RU-10026727

2 Likes

I saw a post on Xiaohongshu said due to Postal blockade, she can’t send mail from China to Jamaica.Besides, China Post notified it doesn’t accept mail send to Palestine (Israel’s services have been restored in March 8th. 2024)

1 Like

Airmail to JAMAICA is now truly suspended, but Surface Mail to JAMAICA is normal.
All kinds of mail to PALESTINE is now suspended.
—— Information from Department of International Business, China Post Group Co., Ltd.
(No Public announcement)

Govt. of India-Dept. of Posts has recently issued updates (International mail on hold) regarding service to Israel and Iran.

1 Like

Nepal Post Can Send mails to these countries
Please update your data

This is the recent notice available on Nepal postal website

@HimanshuAgrawal
Thank you for your reports.
It looks like the reports match the information we had received from Nepali Post, therefore, no changes to Postal Monitor this time
Please keep us posted. Thank you.

1 Like

German Post stopped sending to Russia. Correct me if I’m wrong. But from my experience, I tried sending mail via Germany to Russia, it got returned to my mailbox with a stamp saying service suspended. Thank you

That’s not true. The service isn’t suspended. It’s working normally.

Please note that using via does not guarantee that your mail will be forwarded by Deutsche Post, especially if they did not get paid for their service (ie a German stamp was not used).

I used both Singapore stamps and German stamps that I bought on the official Deustch Post. After 20 days the mail got returned to me. The German stamp was torn and canceled off with a stamp saying “Service suspended. Return to sender”.

I used both Singapore stamps and German stamps that I bought on the official Deustch Post. After 20 days the mail got returned to me. The German stamp was torn and canceled off with a stamp saying “Service suspended. Return to sender”. Maybe the mailing to Russia only works if it’s dropped off directly to a German post box?

In that case I would suggest mailing cards to Russia from Malaysia, because they do send to Russia.

It’s probably best to drop the card into the Malaysian mailbox personally, instead of using via, so that it will not be sent back

1 Like

The “via any country” route is not an officially working route.

If the sorting machines recognize the bottom country (via country) as the destination, your mail might be sent there and from there, if, again, it is recognized that the actual destination country is a different one, it might be forwarded. It might not.

I would say using “via any country” is like a lottery. You might win and your mail is forwarded to the country you want or you might lose and your mail is returned to you or perhaps destroyed if no return address provided.

From the description on your card, I’m guessing it never left Singapore and it was Singapore Post that added “service suspended” - as it is suspended from Singapore to Russia directly - and they returned your mail to you.

3 Likes

As many pointed out, the “via” method is not guaranteed to work.

In any case, were you sending a postcard or a parcel? While sending postcards from Germany to Russia is working, I think parcels may not.

3 Likes

Even parcels are possible.

Hi Paulo, I sent a bunch of postcards in an envelope :smiley:

Sadly the “via” method didn’t work

Thanks for your reply. I was just bummed that it took 20 days to only end up getting returned back to me :sweat_smile:

I thought it was already forwarded by then

I just read this on Swedish Postnord website. I used Google translate.

”As of May 1, it will no longer be possible to send mail to Belarus because the country’s national postal operator, RUE Belpochta, has asked PostNord to stop forwarding mail to the country.”

2 Likes

Thank you for the heads up about this. We’ve blocked the route Sweden to Belarus.

Coincidently, the page we use to keep track of these things for Sweden seems to have stopped working – hopefully it’s only temporary.