:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Yes, that is the same list as the Jan 11th twitter list paulo had posted yesterday. The Postal Monitor was already updated. Thanks.

On 31.12.2020 Kazakhstan added Turkey, Australia, Singapore to list of closed destinations.
As per today closed destinations are
Australia
Turkey
Singapore
Turkmenistan
Serbia
Cyprus
Bolivia
Yemen
Lebanon
Lybia
Mongolia
Papua New Guinea
Mongolia
You can download full list on website post.kz or Kazpost.kz for this you will need to press qPost virtual assistant button at down right corner and type список стран in message bar. All info in russian. Second language in KZ.
There will be Excell sheet. They not updating own telegram and website with this matter. So all actual info only in QPost.
All other destinations are open.

2 Likes

The update on the website mentions registered mail only, normal mail (przesyłka listowa zwykła, last column) is still suspended to Senegal.

1 Like

Hello,
the Austrian Post has a new list of countries are unreachable by post.

Best wishes

Julian Danko

2 Likes

Hi James! Thanks for posing the question here on behalf. Fortunately Brunei can still send mail to the USA, but it doesn’t appear that the USA can send mail to Brunei. I don’t understand the rationale to this. :confused:
Not sure why Brunei is exempted either considering we don’t have any serious COVID-19 cases or any political unrest. Any outgoing mail from Brunei to the USA is sent via Singapore. I have yet to receive any mail from the USA.

Same here. :confused:

Turkish Post says Ireland can’t be sent to but I’ve exchanged 2 letters with a penpal in Ireland in the last few months. Same story with other countries as well.

I’m just not using postcrossing much for the time being.

Brunei can only deliver international mail to the following countries/territories from 25 October 2020 to 31 January 2021:

- Australia
- Bangladesh
- Cambodia
- Denmark
- France
- Germany
- Hong Kong
- Indonesia
- Italy
- Japan
- Malaysia
- Nepal
- Netherlands
- New Zealand
- Philippines
- Singapore
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Taiwan
- Thailand
- Turkey
- United Kingdom
- USA

This is according to the physical copy of the notice at the Main Post Office in Brunei. Unfortunately Brunei’s post office website is not updated, so I cannot send the link here.

It should be noted that apart from the list from the post office above, my postcards to several countries have been successfully delivered to: Austria, Lithuania, Spain and Finland.

YAY, an update from Brunei!

Could we perhaps ask you to sneak a picture of this list, the next time you visit the post office though? :sweat_smile: We like to have some sort of confirmation before we block mail routes, so that would be helpful if you can manage it!

New information about the postal mirror of Belgium/Flanders, see list in link
Regards
https://news.bpost.be/en-corona

Good news! I received the “soft copy” of the notice from the Post Office hotline.

I’m afraid I don’t have proof for the other countries from my last paragraph (those were listed when I managed to deliver to those countries — possibly via the UK

Oh what do u mean by “blocking mail routes”?
There are some countries not listed here who did actually receive my postcards. I think it depends on the transit country…

Welcome to the forum, @Jasminevr.

We have the same URL for Belgium in the above list. The most recent change on the bpost link is on January 11th and that’s what we are referrring to.
Anything missing from our list or the Postal Monitor?

:white_check_mark: List updated January 22, 2021 at 04:53 am UTC.

Thank you for those screenshots — that’s really useful! I’m going to try to contact a postcrosser who works with mail in Brunei to try to get a more complete list if possible, so that we can decide how to proceed.

Postcrossing does its best to not give you addresses in countries where you cannot send mail to, but we need reliable information that we can monitor over time to code these blocks.

1 Like

You’re welcome! I believe that is the complete list since it was sent to me directly through Brunei’s Postal Department Hotline service. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hello! I bring an update from Uruguay!

Per my mailing contact who forwarded the new official mail sheet, more countries have become avaliable for Uruguayans to mail postcards.

They are:
Afghanistan
Albania
Andorra
Arab Emirates
Argentina
Armenia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Belarus
Belgium
Benin
Bhutan
Bolivia
Bosnia
Brazil
Britain
Brunei
Bulgaria
Burkina Faso
Cambodia
Canada
Chile
China
Colombia
Costa Rica
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Djibouti
Egypt
Estonia
Finland
France
Georgia
Germany
Gibraltar
Greece
Guam
Guatemala
Holland
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kosovo
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Latvia
Lebanon
Liberia
Libya
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macau
Malaysia
Maldives Island
Malta Island
Mexico
Moldova
Monaco
Mongolia
Montenegro
Morocco
Myanmar
Nepal
New Zealand
Niue
North Korea
Norway
Oman
Pakistan
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Puerto Rico
Qatar
Republic of Macedonia
Romania
Russia
San Marino
Saudi Arabia
Serbia
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Africa
South Korea
Spain
Sri Lanka
Sweden
Switzerland
Syria
Taiwan
Tajikistan
Thailand
Tokelau
Tunisia
Turkmenistan
Turkey
U.S.A.
Ukraine
Uzbekistan
Vatican
Vietnam
Wallis and Fortuna
Yemen

1 Like

And the lists are not read by anyone, we opened Moroko back in July:
What we managed to do to speed up shipments in June:

Organized weekly cargo flights to the United States.
The export of mail for Canada and Japan through the EU countries is organized - once a week.
Air routes to Israel have been launched - 1-2 flights a week.
Air delivery has been organized through the UAE in the following directions: UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Pakistan, Jordan, Morocco, Sudan, India.
Daily (except Friday) flights to China launched

07/16/2020

Flights to Singapore and South Korea were launched - once every 2 weeks.

08/05/2020

Mail delivery to Kuwait and the Maldives has been resumed. Air delivery to Brazil has been suspended, negotiations are underway.

Updates:

01/18/2021

Russian Post resumes accepting shipments to Mongolia.
Due to the restrictions imposed by the Italian Post on the transit delivery of shipments to Malta, we are forced to temporarily suspend the acceptance of shipments to this country.
01/12/2021

Russian Post resumes accepting shipments to the UK and Ireland.

the details:

8-800-1-000-000