:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

It’s with great joy that I report that Emirates Post (UAE) added Israel to their postal services on 12 January 2021.

The block was mutually removed, but the UAE have already been removed from the suspended countries for Israel in the Postal Monitor.

Peace also travels by post!

4 Likes

Germany can send to the Bahamas, Belize, Honduras, Saint Kitts and Nevis and to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines again:

1 Like

:white_check_mark: List updated January 25, 2021 at 07:28am UTC.

Indeed. It’s great news! :heart:
Thank you for the link to their English page.

@RalfH, thank you for the info.
@anon45794747, the January 18th information has been already reflected on our list and the Postal Monitor. Thank you.
@theJCAtx, I wonder if the “destinos internacionales habilitados” is the list for normal (non-pandemic) time?? Correo Uruguayo: Noticias posted a few days ago that they could send to only 59 counties due to Covid.

1 Like

@Chieusa Hola! The article that you were referring to is a list of countries where Uruguayans can send certificate mail, merchandise in packages, and EMS. Right above the list, it says that there are more destinations available for “Carta Simple” aka. letter mail. Though, this is a bit confusing, as they never formally published a list for letter mail… Only for certificate mail, packages, and EMS. I think I got an insider‘s list of countries available for letter mail.

Here’s the email… It’s from the international operations manager for Correos Uruguay.

Could you perhaps highlight to us where this is written? I’m afraid I’m having trouble finding this reference, and I wonder if I’m on the correct page… or maybe my Spanish is just extra rusty these days :sweat_smile:

@Chieusa @meiadeleite Hola Todos!

Well, I have news! I could translate the site of you still want, but the Jan. 21st notice was just updated and includes my list. Here’s the updated OFFICIAL Correo Uruguay memo and OFFICIAL list of countries (last column is letter mail). It’s the same URL as the old memo.

I could still translate the site if necessary, but considering that Correo Uruguay just confirmed my list, I don’t think its necessary anymore.

Please let me know if there’s something else I can help with.

3 Likes

Hello,
the austrian Post Office made a new list with countries which are in the moment not reachable by letter.

Best wishes

Julian Danko

:white_check_mark: List updated January 27, 2021 at 07:16am UTC.

@theJCAtx, ¡Hola! Thank you for checking the lists and links. Postal Monitor has been updated.
@JuleDan, the Jan 25th update is already reflected on the list above & Postal Monitor. Thanks.

New updates on blocked countries :sob: :sob: :sob:
Gibraltar, Falkland Islands, Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersy, Marrocos

https://www.correios.com.br/enviar-e-receber/exportacao/disponibilidade-de-servicos-por-pais-de-destino/view

1 Like

Macedonian Post has re-established mail delivery to the following countries:

• Australia
  • UK
  • Ireland
  • New Zealand

the updated list is in the excel file linked in this page

2 Likes

Thank you for reporting this. Also has resumed to Singapore. :+1:

Israel Post :israel: suspended mail to the following countries (28th January 2021):

• Botswana
  • Chad
  • Eswatini
  • Lesotho
  • Mozambique

Thank you!

1 Like

New list as of 27/1 for Greece. In the english version they didnt adjust the date of last update unfortunately. It seems the countries are the same though…

new list (in greek))

1 Like

:white_check_mark: List updated February 1, 2021 at 10:19am UTC.

Thank you for the link! I think Pakistan is now suspended. :slightly_frowning_face:

pfff to be honest, I don’t believe in that list. and also I believe it has nothing to do with corona… just plain laziness of our post… plus the thought “who sends to those countries anyway?”

1 Like

According to the same list, it also seems that services to Cyprus have been fully restored — it used to mention priority mail only.

2 Likes

I really want to make myself believe that people don’t have the “who sends to those countries anyway” approach.

On another note, I don’t know whether the French overseas regions (Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte and Réunion) would/should be explicitly mentioned on such a list; although they are listed separately on Postcrossing, they are mostly treated as any other region of France, unlike French Polynesia or New Caledonia, for example. I think that, since France is included in the Hellenic Post list, those regions should not be considered as blocked — of course, I am just attempting an educated guess, I certainly don’t have the experience of the people working for Postcrossing.

1 Like

you are right, I’ve send to French Guiana with success, by writing France on it. So it is redirected from there…

Update from Belpost
It resumes accepting mail to Australia, Ireland and New Zealand.

2 Likes

For Russia, according to the source of the Russian Post, all of Europe is open for dispatch, except for Malta. Therefore, be removed from the list of closed countries: Faroe Islands, Guernsey and Isle of Man.