:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Hello, yes. It’s confusing since our post never declined cards and letters (maybe it’s different if someone use P.O. Box), because the postal worker doesn’t always know the update or to which country Pos Udara service is open

Your letters to South Africa and Jamaica will arrive safe :crossed_fingers:t3:, but they usually will take more transit time than if you send cards to countries which are serviced by Pos Udara

We can assume that your letters will be kept by Pos Indonesia first until there’s a way to bring them to their destinations. Meanwhile for countries serviced by Pos Udara, the route is open and there are constant flights to those countries to deliver the letters faster

2 Likes

I see, thank you for the information! I learned something new today, and also thank you for the reassurance. I really hope my letters will arrive to their destinations :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Russian Post restored post connection with Argentina and Nigeria (decision is written in the bottom on the photo)

https://www.pochta.ru/support/no-mail-exchange

2 Likes

Postal Monitor has been updated for:
Russia, Tajikistan.

@Stasyan117 and @mrdenisdavydov Thanks for the report!

Interesting and thanks for sharing. I was put in PC jail for a few months because I was accused on not sending postcards to addresses in China. China and Russia are the top two countries in my lost postcard list at about 30% each. I figured I would be kicked out because I was told I would not get additional addresses until the lost postcards were received. I had no intention of sending additional postcards to the same addresses to keep getting lost again. Your post explains why I was let out.

Postal Monitor was updated for:
Malaysia, Senegal.

India to China Airmail has resumed

1 Like

Hi, @rhuqesmail.
surface mail for India → China was resumed back on May 3rd, so the route has been open since then.
(Postal Monitor blocks a route only when there are no ways to send a postcard to the destination - with very few exceptions with the outbound surface mail from Japan and South Korea)
It is good news that airmail works again though :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bahrain, Georgia, Japan, Korea (South), Latvia, Slovenia.

1 Like

Update from Israel Post :israel::

on 2nd June 2022 I went to a post office in Tel Aviv to buy stamps, where I was told that it’s currently not possible to send mail from Israel to New Zealand.

I asked for a confirmation via their Facebook page, and they answered today that it is correct if they said so at the post office (see screenshot below):

This matches their Price Calculator, where no price is found for this category (airmail postcard for New Zealand):

Surface mail is apparently not used (I’m always given airmail stamps at the post office).

According to my personal experience and what confirmed by Israel Post, please suspend New Zealand from Israel.

New total of suspended countries: 44

Thank you!

Due to domestic strikes, Korea Post suspended surface mail to Japan and Australia :frowning:
Now there is no way to send mails to Japan and Australia from Korea at the moment…

Source: 국제특급-공지사항

1 Like

Hongkong Post Notices
10 Jun 2022

Please remove: Pakistan
Total: 126

Finally air letter is resumed for some countries! Press Release here.

Hi, @fmstrada
I could not find information that surface mail is not available in Israel. If it’s like USA (no longer provides surface mail), why Israel Post still include the service on their postage calculator??

Also, Israel post has been very good at making announcements promptly on their website. Do you know why they are not making an annoncement for New Zealand??

Hi @Chieusa,

I don’t know why surface mail is not used, my experience in these years sending from Israel is that, when I asked for international stamps at the post office counter, I was always given airmail stamps (I’ve never seen surface stamps and I was never given the option to choose surface mail instead).

Israel Post actually made an annoucement for New Zealand (46/20 on May 14,2020), announcing a temporary cancellation of regular air mail shipments. The resumption has never been announced, but then, with their announcement 19/21 on June 8, 2021, they informed that extreme weather conditions were affecting postal services in New Zealand…
Since I thought that New Zealand had a confusiong situation according to their announcements, I asked via their Facebook page in March 2022, and their answer was: “It is possible to send to New Zealand”.
However, on June 2, 2022, they didn’t accept my mail and their Facebook page answered me: “It is correct if at the post office they said so”.
I wouldn’t consider their postage calculator to be always correct: in the English version, Malaysia is not available, while in the Hebrew version it is - my mail to Malaysia was accepted, but with a different postage than the one mentioned…
I try to be an informed customer when I go to the post office, also in a country where I’m not a resident (even if I travel there often)… but with so many contradictions, it’s not always easy.

It’s up to you to decide if you want to suspend New Zealand from Israel, I just tried to give you all the information I have. At the post office they said: “It is not possible to send to New Zealand” (so no options at all available).

Thank you.

1 Like

Postal Monitor has been updated for:
Colombia, Korea (South), Tunisia, Uruguay.

@fmstrada, thank you so much for taking the time to explain your situations.
I would imagine these days it is hard for postal agencies to maintain reliable transportation and logistics, also things are unpredictable or inconsistent.
Yes, thank you for providing the information :slight_smile: We are investigating it.

1 Like

Indonesia opened to more routes, see the Pos Udara LN column.

They’re now open to :
Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, South Korea, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Morocco, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, UAE, USA, and Vietnam +Turkey (thanks catchycat!)

12 Likes

and (+) Turkey

3 Likes

Indonesia.

@nathaniel1 and @catchycat Thank you for the reports!

2 Likes

Hello dear @Chieusa,

France is not mentioned with regard to the Postal Monitor.
According to French members there are suspensions.
Was France accidentally removed from the list?

La Poste

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Israel

@fmstrada We found the source for Israel → New Zealand suspension. Thank you for your report!

@JetteLise La Poste suspension list has this information:

L’envoi de documents vers ces destinations reste possible, avec des solutions d’affranchissement par timbres disponibles au guichet.

I also contacted them, specifically asking about postcards by regular mail.
(Back then Cuba was also on the list)

2 Likes