:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

From December 9 to December 23 this year Polish Post is suspending the acceptance of any postal items sent to Israel.

2 Likes

The postal monitor for Canada is out of date. There are only four countries to which Canada does not send airmail letter post (i.e. postcards). Parcels are not accepted for many more destinations, which might affect direct swaps, I suppose.

Hi, @ongbryan.
Could you post the website URL or tell me where you receive this information?
Canada Post Delivery Service Alerts and its full list has 31 countries and areas as “service suspended” (no letters or parcels).
Does Canada Post have more recent updates somewhere else?

Macedonian Post has temporarily suspended mail delivery to

• Iceland

the updated list is in the excel file linked in this page

The link I was using seems to have been taken down and replaced by an older version (November 18), which is consistent with the Postal Monitor. The newer link, now gone, listed Libya, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen as the only countries not receiving letter mail from Canada. I’ll keep an eye out for the newer version and let you know if it reappears. Thank you!

@ongbryan thank you for the reply.
This list is probably what you were referring to.

If I understand correctly, those suspensions are not COVID-related.
The 4 countries have been suspended before the pandemic and stay suspended regardless of the pandemic situations

The suspensions on the Nov 18 list, on the other hand, are COVID-related and temporary.

Macedonian Post has temporarily suspended mail delivery to

• United Kingdom (Referred to as England in the document)

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: The list was updated, December 18. Thank you!

Royal Mail have suspended deliveries to mainland Europe, Canada and Turkey.

Start date: 20 December 2020
Latest Update:
End date: Ongoing
Incident: Coronavirus

Cross channel disruption due to the current COVID-19 situation. The Post of Dover and Channel Tunnel are both closed to ‘accompanied’ traffic from UK to France, for a period of 48 hours.

As a result, delivery delays can be expected to: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Update: 21 December 2020
Canada has cancelled flights to and from the UK. It’s unclear how long these disruptions will remain in place, we’ll update this site as soon as we’ve more information.

Update: 21 December 2020
Turkey has cancelled flights to and from the UK. It’s unclear how long these disruptions will remain in place, we’ll update this site as soon as we’ve more information.

Source: https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin

2 Likes

Several German Postcrossers reported not being able to send to the United Kingdom and Ireland as of today (including postcards). It was refused at the post shops.

So far it’s not officially announced, but I thought to let you know.

UK and Ireland are marked with an orange dot (meaning there are restrictions):
grafik

There is an announcement for parcels though.

2 Likes

Due to the suspension of flights and restrictions in road transport, Polish Post suspends all shipments to the UK from December 21 until further notice :exclamation:

2 Likes

According to the newest update (21 December 2020) of the Finnish Post, we can now send to Georgia :georgia:, but mail to Canada :canada: is now suspended.

1 Like

Macedonia post has temporarily suspended mail delivery to:

• Ireland

1 Like

norwegian post doesn’t accept mail to the UK as of today 22.12.2020.

1 Like

Update : The Netherlands (Post.NL)

United Kingdom

Due to the suspension of the Eurotunnel our transport capacity to the United Kingom has been significantly reduced. We expect that the suspension will affect traffic up until and after Christmas. PostNL will continue to offer mail and parcel services to the UK. However note that we expect strong delays due to the traffic congestion and public holidays. We are currently looking into expanding our transport capacity.

Delivery after first of January
Please take in account that there is a possibility that your parcel to the UK will be delivered after 1-1-2021 when the consequences of the Brexit are a fact. Therefore we recommend to add an invoice to the outside of each parcel to ensure a smooth customs clearance which will be applicable from then on. More information about the impact of the Brexit you can find at postnl.nl/brexit.

Any updates about this situation will be published on our website.

Expected delays: 7-14 days

https://www.postnl.nl/en/customer-service/delivery-status/international-service-alerts/

1 Like

:white_check_mark: The list was updated, December 23. Thank you!

@JetteLise, we stopped keeping track of delays because everything is delayed everywhere these days, and postal offices rarely report when delayed services are back to normal - too many and too hard to keep track :dizzy_face:

1 Like

INDIA TO RUSSIA and UK Service temporarily suspended with immediate effect.

2 Likes

@Chieusa, you’re right :slightly_frowning_face:

I wrote this because of the news :
“France has closed the Dover to Calais crossing for all manned transport over concerns about a new strain of Covid-19 that is highly infectious”

From December 24, the Polish Post can send postcards to Israel :

3 Likes

Have just returned from the Post Office - I was unable to send a card to turkey as, apparently, the UK PO have suspended processing on all post to the UK. Counter staff couldnt give me a date when this would be lifted.

The suspension came into force yesterday - 22nd December 2020

1 Like