:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

I found information from Vanuatu. Aside from the list, they also accept France.

2 Likes

Elo,
I am Shyamini from Mauritius.
I have noticed a slight confusion between the countries Mauritania and Mauritius having been listed with the same postal restrictions.

Actually, in Mauritius the situation is improved and posts are normal. Therefore, do double-check on the destination suspensions.

Take care.

2 Likes

I found the list of Taiwan has been updated.

Airmail service currently available to these destinations
2020/11/17
Americas
Oceania
France
Mainland China
United States (O)
Australia(※)
Japan
Canada(※)
New Zealand(*)
Netherlands
Korea(Rep.)
United Kingdom
Germany
Vietnam
Indonesia
Belgium(※)
Thailand
Switzerland(※)
Sweden(※)
Malaysia
Singapore
Czech Rep. (※)
Hong Kong
Poland (※)
Macao
Denmark
Cambodia(※)
(O) Except for Hawaii, Guam and other territories of the United States.
※Please noted that only EMS service is available to Australia ,Czech Rep. Sweden ,
Poland ,SwitzerlandBelgium New ZealandCambodia and Canada.

1 Like

Now we can send to Japan again
https://cds.posindonesia.co.id/posint/

3 Likes

:white_check_mark: updated, November 30 / December 1. Thank you!

Poland update 01.12.

We can again send to: Macao

Source: https://www.poczta-polska.pl/poczta-polska-ponownie-rozszerza-mozliwosc-wysylania-przesylek-zagranicznych/

2 Likes

Indonesia has opened again the airmail to Japan (01 Dec 2020, 8:47 AM GMT+7)

2 Likes

Belarus update 01.12
Can send mail to Israel

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: The list on top was updated, December 1. Thank you!

:warning: Reminder: Please include the URL (the link to the source of your information) when posting an update in this topic. You do not need to copy & paste the image, URL is more important to me.

It is possible that a postal agency might update a chart after the chart is posted here, and some of them do not change the date on the list when they update it. That’s one of the reasons why I would like to have the URL to refer to the most recent information.
Also it is easier for me to compare when more than two people are posting updates for the same country.
Thank you!

1 Like

I looked this up for Cambodia
https://www.cambodiapost.post/en/article/81

1 Like

Thank you for looking this up! That particular notice by Cambodia Post seems to be about about EMS mail (not letter post items, like postcards). However, looking at the previous announcements, it seems that the only destination with regular letter post at the moment is Vietnam. We have updated the Postal Monitor with this.

1 Like

Canada Post has added 8 more destinations that it doesn’t send mail to as of Nov 18th, 2020
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
BRITISH INDIAN OCEAN TERR
EL SALVADOR
FRENCH SOUTHERN TERRITORY
GEORGIA / SANDWICH ISLANDS
PARAGUAY
WALLIS AND FUTUNA
WESTERN SAHARA

Not on either list now - I will ask why - I suspect probably because of internal conflicts/war
Somalia
South Sudan
Syria

1 Like

Thank you @Chieusa for all that you do with the Postal Monitor - I appreciate all your hard work! Thanks, Lynn

1 Like

:white_check_mark: The list on top was updated, December 3. Thank you!

@LC-Canada, thank you for the kind words, but I can not take credit for The Postal Monitor. I am just maintaining this topic on this forum.
Postal Monitor merely exists due to Ana & Paulo’s tremendous never-ending front & back-end work, their brains and scripts and dedications and many more! Huge kudos to Paulo & Ana :star2: :star2:

And also, thank you all for posting updates and finding postal agency websites & information :star2: :star2:

8 Likes

For Taiwanese Post, all kinds of air mail service to
Norway
Poland
has been resumed on 4th December, 2020.

This means that we can send postcards to Norway and Poland now! :slight_smile: Please kindly update the Postal Monitor. Thank you very much @Chieusa, Ana, and Paulo for your tremendous hard work and dedication! :smiley:

Reference:
https://www.post.gov.tw/post/internet/U_english2/index.jsp?ID=35020101&news_no=43940&control_type=page&news_cat=201&group_name=&news_type=latest_news
(The list of destinations to where air mail service is available)

https://www.post.gov.tw/post/internet/Group/index.jsp?ID=150101&news_no=45801&control_type=page&news_cat=4&group_name=post
(Chinese version, with more detailed explanation)

1 Like

Ah, well I figured they were in there as well, so a huge thanks to Ana & Paulo for all your work in keeping us up todate on our postal systems!

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know about the new PDF. Unfortunately they have made the update on a new file and have not removed the previous one which makes it harder to monitor this.

I think your suspicion is correct.

Thank you all for the help in keep tracking of all this crazy lists and I hope we are forgiven for the occasional mistakes — it’s not easy to make sense of it all. :pray:

2 Likes

Paulo, don’t we love computer files eh?, the new one comes up for me but would it help if I sent you the new PDF by email?

And you all do such fabulous work & especially given the chaos of the pandemic - postal systems are pretty changeable these days so we all need to be patient.

No need — your link worked. We were checking the previous one since all the previous changes had been always there, so we missed there was new file.

If you notice another link change (or that several days have passed and we are not caught up with the latest changes), just drop a line here like you did. Thank you!

1 Like

:white_check_mark: The list on top was updated, December 8. Thank you!