:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

This is a great find, thank you!

Am I right understanding that the first table is regarding air mail and the second is for surface mail?

Can you help us understand the (red) headings of both tables? On the first table, is that only registered mail or also for regular (non-registered) letter post mail, like postcards?

So, assuming both tables are about letter post mail (eg: postcards), the list of suspended destinations would be if a country is on both lists (suspended both by airmail and surface)?

Oh no. There is update from our Post Office. Now we can only send to 6 countries :sweat:

https://cds.posindonesia.co.id/posint/

1 Like

As I understand first table is only for registered air mail second is for non registered surface mail.If one country is on both list that means suspended for ail and surface.But I can ask further information to our postal service.

If the first table is for registered mail only, then that means it doesnā€™t apply to postcards (which is what we are tracking here) ā€” do I get that right?

And if the second is only for suspended surface mail routesā€¦ does that mean airmail routes (for those destinations) could still work?

:puzzled:

Sorry for insisting: the translation is a bit confusing and we are not sure how to proceed here.

No problem Iā€™ll ask all your questions to our postal service :innocent:

:white_check_mark: updated, Novembe 20. Thanks!

Hongkong Post Press Release
20 Nov 2020

Please remove:
  • Algeria
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Cameroon
  • Colombia
  • El Salvador
  • Ghana
  • Guatemala
  • Latvia
  • Myanmar
  • Seychelles
  • Sierra Leone
Please add:
  • Bhutan
  • Dominica
  • Guam
  • Korea (North)
  • Tonga
  • Ukraine

Total: 126

Iā€™ve compiled it into a spreadsheet, you may check it (here).

5 Likes

Letters and parcels are delivered from Finland to the following countries (update 27 October 2020)

Europe
  • Andorra
  • Austria
  • Belarus
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Faroe Islands
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Greenland
  • Guernsey
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Isle of Man
  • Italy
  • Jersey
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Monaco
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • San Marino
  • Serbia
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
  • United Kingdom
  • Vatican
Outside Europe
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • China
  • Egypt
  • Guam
  • Hongkong
  • India
  • Israel
  • Japan
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Mexico
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Taiwan
  • Tajikistan
  • Thailand
  • Turkmenistan
  • USA
  • Vietnam
  • Virgin Islands of the US

Hello, at our main postoffice (in Banjul) I have been informed, that outgoing mail from Gambia to Russia, Belarus, Malta, Singapoure and Johannesburg (Southafrica) is not taken due to a eMail from UPU. I can not find this eMail anwhere and it might be a hoax, but they believe it, I got back a (private) postcard to Belarus. Does anyone has more information about it?

1 Like

BRUNEI DARUSSALM: Postcrosser rohana tells me that there is no mail service in or out of this country, her country. The USPS site states: ā€œThere is no mail serviceā€ to this country. I have made inquiry on the information portion of this countryā€™s postal service website, but have not received any reply. This country is on a USPS list with countries like Yemen, which have obvious postal disruptions due to unrest. But I do not think this should apply to this country, from what I know. Does anyone have more information? Thanks, JamesC

I asked our postal service and they only said first table is for air mail second table is for surface mail. Sorry for couldnā€™t help more :face_with_head_bandage:Maybe another Turkish postcrosser can help further.

Hi Marie! Greetings to Gambia!

We are not aware of any particular issue with those destinations: some countries send there, others donā€™t. There are many other destinations having trouble these days, so I canā€™t think of what may be particular to those.

If you can find more information about which countries Gambia can send (or not) to, then we can add it to the Postal Monitor.

Hi James! Welcome to the Postcrossing Forum!

We are not aware of any issue with Brunei, although we are trying to confirm this at the moment.

The page we are using for USPS this one, but it is (mostly) about destinations that USPS canā€™t send mail to at the moment, with Brunei being one.

However, this doesnā€™t necessarily mean that the countries listed there canā€™t be mailed to from other countries or, that mail from Brunei canā€™t be sent outbound.

:white_check_mark: The list on the top was updated, November 23. Thanks!

This is nothing new, there has been no update in Poland since 13.11.

3 Likes

Hi Paolo, it is confirmed.

Add

itĀ“s not UPU but DHL - I took a picture at postoffice with my mobile and add it here. They promise, they will inform me, when it changes - but donĀ“t count on it. They are not so reliable in keeping promises...

Marie

Hi Marie! Thatā€™s very interesting and it got me scratching my head.

At first, like you, I understood it as DHL, but if you look closely, itā€™s actually DLH email addresses. The dlh.de email addresses seem belong the the Lufthansa group, so I suppose it can be an email by Lufthansa airline saying they are not flying to those destinations.

With this said, that email printout has no date on it. And it also doesnā€™t include a From address (all the addresses seem to be destinations), or else we could try our luck in contacting the sender for more details.

So even if itā€™s super useful to be able to see it (thank you for taking a photo!), Iā€™m afraid itā€™s still confusing to know how to proceed with it in terms of updating the Postal Monitor based on it.

Here is a undated from the U.K.
https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: The list was updated, November 27. Thanks!