:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

@Stasyan117 Thank you for reporting about the updated list.

I am wondering if Russia can send all these territories.
For example, Tokelau: If Russia does not send to Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Nauru, and New Zealand, how do they send to Tokelau?
Tokelau is serviced by New Zealand Post

Maybe, Russia Post does not suspend Tokelau, because there are few mail going there and they can hold onto the mail until the service to New Zealand resumes???

To avoid rejected/returned/lost mail for our members, we usually do not unblock countries/territories until we are sure that services are available.

If members could check with Russian Post about these territories, that would be great!

1 Like

Postal Monitor had been updated for:
Estonia, Kazakhstan.

1 Like

Today I was at the main post office of my city of Tver. A good friend of mine works there, who works as a postal operator. I gave her a list of these territories in Russian to find out about the relevance of the possibility of sending there. They have a special program that either allows you to send a parcel to a certain territory or not. The result is as follows:

About Kosovo - there are no closed countries in Europe today.

These territories are listed in the program as directly parts of Australia, namely:
Австралия (Кокос острова) / Australia (Coconut Island)
Австралия (Норфолк Остров) / Australia (Norfolk Island)
Австралия (Рождества Остров / Australia (Christmas Island)
These countries are open for sending if sending to Australia is open.

The program will allow you to arrange an international mail to these countries. These countries are open for sending:
Anguilla
Aruba
Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands
Cook Islands
Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
French Guiana
Martinique
Mayotte
Montserrat
Pitcairn
Réunion
Saint Barthélemy
Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
Saint Pierre & Miquelon
S. Georgia and S. Sandwich Islands
Tokelau
Turks and Caicos Islands
Wallis & Futuna

The program will not allow you to arrange an international mail to these countries. These countries are closed for sending:
Antarctica
Bermuda
British Indian Ocean Territory
French Southern Territories
Saint Martin
Sint Maarten (Dutch part)
Western Sahara

Your note about Tokelau is interesting. I asked about Tokelau. There is the following logistical solution for it: from Russia - to the USA - to American Samoa (or Samoa) - To Tokelau. :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi, @Stasyan117
Thank you very much for doing the research and reporting the detailed information!

It’s very interesting to see how postal services do work arounds to deliver mail to remote areas like Tokelau!

Does this mean Russia sends to Kosovo, correct?

Do you know if Russian Post is serving French Polynesia?

Åland, Finland, Paraguay, Russia.

Hi!

Yes, sending to French Polynesia is open.

About Kosovo. She said that now there are officially no European territories where Russia would not send international mail. But there is no mention of Kosovo in this program, probably because Russia does not recognize this territory as independent and considers it part of Serbia. She doesn’t remember anyone sending anything there during her work. But she says that she would have issued an international mail there indicating Serbia, and in the notes she would have signed that this is Kosovo (and also on the international mail itself). She thinks there is some kind of logistical solution for Kosovo.

Yes, the situation with Tokelau is very interesting. I was reading about Tokelau today. It turns out that it is impossible to get there directly from New Zealand, because there is no airport in Tokelau. You can get there only through Samoa by sea.

3 Likes

New alerts from the Netherlands ! :netherlands:

2 Likes

Canada to Turkmenistan is now available.

Åland, Austria, Finland, Netherlands, Russia.

1 Like

Online versie

Deze e-mail is verzonden met afzendadres internationalmarketing@email.postnl.nl. Het laatste deel van het e‑mailadres eindigt altijd met postnl.nl. Controleer dit altijd goed.

PostNL\ 64x63

spacer\ 10x10
Internationale vertragingen post en pakketten
24 februari 2022

Oekraïne

Door de geopolitieke situatie tussen Oekraïne en Rusland kunnen we op dit moment geen post en pakketten leveren naar Oekraïne.

Verwachte vertragingen: geen bezorging

Verdere updates over deze situatie zullen bekend worden gemaakt op onze website.

Informatie

U kunt zich afmelden als u geen nieuwsbrief meer wilt ontvangen.

Volg ons

f\ 30x30 t\ 30x30 in\ 30x30 ig\ 30x30

Kijk uit voor phishing: internetcriminelen vissen met valse e-mails naar uw privégegevens. Typ https://www.postnl.nl/phishing in de adresbalk van uw browser om te lezen hoe u phishing herkent en voorkomt.

Ukraine is out of service for NL. Letters and parcels. I have a subscription to infoemail in Dutch. I will see if I can find a link.

Maybe @anon7793644 is quicker!

EDIT: https://www.postnl.nl/en/customer-service/delivery-status/international-service-alerts/

Ukraine infoemail was sent, website is not yet updated.

5 Likes

@HM

& everybody

not quicker, but this indeed arrived an hour ago, which I discovered thanks to you !

4 Likes

Postal Monitor was updated for:
Netherlands.

3 Likes

Kazakhstan temporarily suspending all mail service to Ukraine.

2 Likes

Austrian postal service has suspended deliveries to Ukraine at the moment
(which personally I find totally cowardice, as the land-connection should stay open)

2 Likes

These have both been updated. Thank you for letting us know!

1 Like

Finnish post returns mail sent to Ukraine and connection is shut

2 Likes

Also updated. Thank you for forwarding us that link!

1 Like

@meiadeleite

just read that norwegian post added ukraine to the list of countries they don’t deliver mail to as of today:

Oppdatert: 24.02.2022 (endringer).
Listen blir oppdatert ved endringer.

Vi tar IKKE i mot brevpost til disse landene

Innenfor EU/EØS:

Utenfor EU/EØS:

Afghanistan
Bhutan
Jamaica
Jemen
Libya
Syria
Tajikistan
Ukraina

2 Likes

Updated as well. Thank you for sharing this information!

2 Likes

Russian post stopped delivering to Ukraine:

1 Like