:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Hello,
You guys show that Mexico updated their status of countries that they are not sending mail to. It says that it was updated on Feb 4th and the source is the Facebook page of Correos de México. However on the page of Correos de México nothing is shown, nor is there a communication on the official government page of Correos de México. I believe this information is incorrect.

1 Like

Postal Monitor has been updated for:
Belarus, Georgia, Korea (South), Kuwait, Panama, Slovenia.

1 Like

Belize, Romania, UK, Ukraine

1 Like

It looks like Australia Post may have stopped letter service to Russia. Bit of confusing messaging from Australia Post in any case. :puzzled: :puzzled:

The updates page says, “Our Economy, Standard and Express letter and parcel services to Russia are temporarily suspended due to recent customs changes in Moscow and limited air capacity. We will return any items on hand to the sender and work to resume these services to Russia as soon as possible. Our sea mail service remains available.”

Which sounds like air mail has stopped but sea mail is still allowed.

However, the calculate postage page says “You can’t send a letter here” when I select Russia.

But does allow sea mail for parcels only.

And this page also says that economy sea is available for parcels, but indicates letter service is suspended.

2 Likes

Israel Post :israel: resumed mail to Australia (14th February 2022) :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you!

3 Likes

Åland, Australia, Croatia, Finland, Israel.

@Morcades , thank you for the links. As you have mentioned, Australia Post’s Delivery estimates and destination guide says they have surface mail only for Economy Parcel and letters are suspended. :frowning:
I have added Russia and Honduras to Australia’s suspension list on Postal Monitor.

3 Likes

Delivery for Marrocos allowed from Brazil on Feb11th.

Sloooly moving ahead.

1 Like

Update from Belpost
https://blog.belpost.by/Novosti/Priyemmezhdunarodnoypocht50

Since 18.02.2022 Poland can send again to Chile

2 Likes

I checked source cited for suspension of post from Russia to Algeria, and there is no mention of Algeria in their lists. Besides, it’s unlocked for Morocco neighbor of Algeria

I think it’s updated on the source, and not at Postcrossing postal monitor

Source: Почтовый обмен во время COVID-19

Hello, Myartside.

I use the Excel list on the source page mentioned above.
“Сроки доставки (v.22)” published on 19th of January, 2022.

АЛЖИР - Логистическое решение по доставке в страну временно отсутствует (Algeria - The logistics solution for delivery to the country is temporarily unavailable)

Let me know if the translation is wrong or there is a newer version of the list.
Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s correct. I also checked the tarifiicator Письма — Почта России and it says that Algeria is not available.

1 Like

New update
https://blog.belpost.by/Novosti/Priyemmezhdunarodnoypocht50

Update:

1. Since February 21, Taiwan Post resumes letter-post service to Portugal.
    Welcome to Chunghwa POST - News Center

2. Since February 22, South Korea Post suspends letter-post service to Canada.
    국제특급-공지사항

3. I think there should be a update about Macao, if you search for postage to Liechtenstein, San Marino, Andorra, or Monaco in this calculator, all are OK as Liechtenstein is helped by Switzerland Post, San Marino is helped by Italy Post, Andorra and Monaco are helped by France Post (Macao can definitely send to Switzerland, Italy and France), the relationship is similar to Finland and Åland Islands. I think Vatican should be OK too like San Marino :joy:But the official may forget to change the information.
    郵費計算器 - 澳門郵政

2 Likes

Good point — we added these exceptions in!

Unfortunately Macao Post’s list for “Other destinations” has a very vague “Please contact our counter staff for further enquiry.” so we have to rely on the postage calculator.

We seem to be already up to date with this one. Did you spot any differences with the postal monitor perhaps?

1 Like

Russia has resumed receiving international shipments to Djibouti, Kenya, Macau, Tunisia and South Africa. Also, for Russia, Kosovo is Serbia. Russia sends to all European countries, including Serbia including Kosovo. Therefore, Kosovo should also be excluded from the list. Почтовый обмен во время COVID-19

In addition, there is no data on these territories on the official website of the Russian Post, which means that delivery there is carried out through their metropolises:
Anguilla
Antarctica
Aruba
Bermuda
Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
British Indian Ocean Territory
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands
Christmas Island
Cocos Islands
Cook Islands
Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
French Guiana
French Polynesia
French Southern Territories
Martinique
Mayotte
Montserrat
Norfolk Island
Pitcairn
Réunion
Saint Barthélemy
Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
Saint Martin
Saint Pierre & Miquelon
S. Georgia and S. Sandwich Islands
Sint Maarten (Dutch part)
Tokelau
Turks and Caicos Islands
Wallis & Futuna
Western Sahara

These territories should also be removed from the list.

2 Likes

So happy that I can help:)

I agree with you, dear Paulo. The list is not clear… Actually I asked the staff in the Post Office when I stayed in Macao previously (not long ago), she told me to follow Hong Kong Post’s list besides what Macao can send, if Hong Kong can send, then Macao can send too as they have a close collaboration. My private swap postcards to Slovakia and Jordan arrived successfully at last, just took more time though they are unavailable in the calculator. However, in my opinion, I also think it is better to count on the calculator currently.

1 Like

Postal Monitor had been updated for:
Brazil, Germany, Japan, Korea(South), Macao, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Vietnam.

2 Likes

@Chieusa
Postal monitor is updated for Russia (V23). New restrictions and allowances
@Chieusa I had translation issues, I was overlaying new updated file on the old one, and it seems they aren’t fitting. My mistake, sorry

Hi, @anon19269197
I have already updated Postal Monitor based on the list (v23) on Russia Post
I checked it again, but it does not match you post (except Korea -North). These countries seems to be available. Let me know if the translation is wrong or a different version of v23 has been released. Thank you.

1 Like