:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Hong Kong service has been updated, please allow us Hong Kong postcrosser to send postcard to friends in these countries! Thank you very much!

https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/about_us/whats_new/notices/index_id_1038.html

@loklokwan, welcome to the forum.
I checked the list, but I didn’t see any changes to the suspended destinations though. Let me know if I missed something.

I think it applies on letters and postcards as well? I’m still waiting for an e-mail reply from the customer service. Will update with you once I receive it.

@meiadeleite - Posten Norge has updated the list again today, to remove Cyprus from the no-send list. I just called Posten Norge to check if it was right. The woman just checked the list that’s available online and said “I see the list has been updated today. So that should be correct.”
Since the list was updated yesterday and then today, and the only change was Cyprus, my guess is that the list is correct.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your patience and help! I guess it’s good news to Norwegian postcrossers then! :tada: We’ll include these changes in the next update.

Slovenian Post (issued: 2.03.2021) - several new places added on acceptance list:

Belize
Comoros
Guadeloupe (incl. Saint Barthélemy and Saint Martin)
Guyana
Liberia
Martinique

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
I am thinking that also mail from Australia to China is disrupted. I have 15 expired cards to China which is much more than normally. There is a trading dispute between Australia and China which might affect mail deliveries. I am wondering if others experience the same delays.

Hi, I just recently checked with the postal monitor for India, and according to the official source (India Post) document, mail to India has started. the same document that claims to be the source states that postal service resumed from India to Malawi.

Here’s the link
https://www.indiapost.gov.in/VAS/Pages/News/1626_14_2020.pdf

:white_check_mark: List updated March 7, 2021 at 07:44am UTC.

It looks like they are talking about EMS (International express services for letters/postcards/parcels). We are monitoring only regular mail for Postcrossing.

Some of the sources on the Postal Monitor for India were outdated (I have fixed that now). We are currently following a new update shared earlier on this topic, on this post.

But Malawi is still in the list on Postal Monitor Under India. I guess its not updated yet :confused:

The Link you are referring is old. from Oct 2020.
I have received the particular circular dated 26th Feb 2021 from a person working in India Post. So refer to the latest circular.

Elo from Mauritius.

Please update your information. You are referring to a circular dated 10/2020.

Thank you.

:white_check_mark: List updated March 10, 2021 at 06:52am UTC.

Hi Malaysia postal services have just announced that services are continued in several countries from 1st March 2021:

Australia
China
Hong Kong
India
Indonesia
Japan
Phillipines
Singapore
Taiwan
Thailand

Hi @wachachos_, welcome to the forum!

Someone else already reported these changes, but they seem to only apply to EMS (or international registered) mail, so not postcards unfortunately… :slightly_frowning_face:

Australia Post is delivering letters to and from Turkey as I have received a postcard from Turkey in the last week!
The Australia Post section in general requires some updating as they will deliver letters to some of the countries you say they won’t, it is Parcels that are mainly under “suspension” not normal letters!

Yeah, this is my problem with the Turkish Post list. I have sent and received mail multiple times with Australia, Ireland, who knows what other countries. But the list remains the same, from a year ago.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

:white_check_mark: List updated March 12, 2021 at 06:39am UTC.

Sadly, we cannot “assume” which countries work and which don’t… the information on their site is the only guidance we have. Feel free to contact their helpdesk and ask for this page to be updated, if you think it’ll help!

Also, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: