:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

@tangqiuning This topic(thread) is for reporting official postal information to update 'Postal Monitor.

You might like to ask the question in the North American community or ask your fellow postcrossers in China.

@paulo - a short update from me :slight_smile:

So far - nothing. I got an automated e-mail confirmation that they have received my message but there was no deadline for the reply, just that they will reply (who knows when). There is also no e-mail address to write to, just a phone number. If I’m feeling annoyed enough, I might just call them but that will not help much, since it will be only me hearing their answer on the phone.

Honestly, the shape our post is currently in (big money issues, post office hours have been cut across the board, people are being let go) - maybe nobody has yet read my question…

2 Likes

updated on the mail website

3 Likes

Postal Monitor has been updated in the past 2 weeks for:
Australia, Christmas Is., Cocos Is., Denmark, Dominican Republic, Faroe Is., Hong Kong, Indonesia, Mexico, New Zealand, Norfolk, Peru, Pitcairn, Russia, Tajikistan.

@delenn_mir and @Whitelake, thank you for your help!

1 Like

:index_pointing_at_the_viewer: :laos:Lao Post Cie Ltd stop delivery to Russian Federation since monday 01/06/2024

The postcards (Franked & postmarked) LA-1328, LA-1330, LA-1335, LA-1337, return to my PO-Box
(I am looking for a correspondent to be able to send these cards to their destination!)

No official information available to date as to the reasons for this action.

The request for mutual aid is complete, there are enough people willing.
I will contact the 4 people chosen tomorrow.
THANKS !

Hong Kong can send mail to Cape Verde (i.e. Cabo Verde) since 27 June!

Source: Hongkong Post - Press Releases (1124)

2 Likes

Update: India Post has resumed mail services to Iran and Israel.

2 Likes

Poste Italiane published a new update on 25th June 2024.

Italy :it: resumed mail to the following countries/territories:
Anguilla
Central African Republic
Comoros
Myanmar
Timor-Leste

and suspended mail to the following countries/territories:
Dominica
French Southern Territories
Palestine

New total of suspended countries: 6

Thank you.

3 Likes

China is no longer in the Postal Monitor . I host the Postcard Set RR - The Sequel and would like to know whether or not I can start a group with a Chinese member in it. Can anyone help me out?

Hi @Shalottslady
Unfortunately China Post currently does not announce or publish international mail delays and suspensions to the public.

Since this topic (thread) is meant for reporting official information from postal operators, please ask questions in General Topic or Chinese community.

1 Like

Germany can send to South Africa, Yemen, Niger and Haiti. This should be taken of the suspension list.

Could you show us where you get the information?

The countries are not listed as banned on the website of the German Postal Service DHL, and if you send mail to these countries, it arrives - tried it myself (working in an international firm)

Could you provide the URL, please? (there are a few lists on their website, we need to know which one you were referring to)
Thank you.

https://www.deutschepost.de/dam/jcr:245118f2-d254-4406-bc74-1d50e3aa8d0b/dp-brief-international-landfuerland-032024.pdf
it’s in German, but the third column shows you the approximate number of days that it will take to send something there. If a country is not on it, or has no number in that column, then you can’t send something.

Hope that helps

1 Like

Postal Monitor has been updated in the past 3 weeks for:
Bahrain, Brazil, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Netherlands, San Marino, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Ukraine, Vatican.

@iamfromhk @400050 @fmstrada @doc_anke thank you for your reports :+1:

4 Likes

Hello! The Russian Post website has updated data, as of today only 66 countries are closed for sending from Russia. In particular, correspondence is delivered to Uganda (Africa).
https://www.pochta.ru/support/no-mail-exchange
Hope, I could help

2 Likes

@delenn_mir @Ludek: The Polish Post is posting the info again at Realizacja przesyłek zagranicznych - Poczta Polska

2 Likes

USPS Updated Mail Suspension list on July 19, 2024.

Hi DarthVic,
That information is already reflected on Postal Monitor.
FYI - you can see the date of the latest update on 'Postal Monitor.
If you click the date, you will see the history of :white_check_mark: for unblocked, :x: for blocked destinations.

Thanks!