:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

The list for Mexico is wrong. As @sacmersault says the Facebook page (and the official website) does not have this information.

I asked at my local postal office: Only Ukraine and Russia comprise the list.

Please correct this since I was assigned an address from Ukraine and now I have to find a way to make it arrive.

1 Like

Thank you for the heads up on this. We are currently checking with Nepal Post to make sure that notice includes letter post items and not just parcels as the translated text is not clear. We’ll update once we hear back.

The information we have comes directly from Correos customer support who confirmed explicitly that the route to Ukraine is available.

This seems to be confirmed by the fact that postcards seem to be arriving:

Postcard MX-72415
Postcard MX-72467
Postcard MX-72783
Postcard MX-72174
Postcard MX-72345
Postcard MX-71411
Postcard MX-71256

That said, the information we received on this was back in September and we’ll check again in case it has changed.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update on Kenya! I still have 5 cards traveling to Russia and Belarus from my last trip and will keep an eye on what happens with the cards I send this trip. I’ll can also ask one of my local friends if they can help find anything official regarding these routes online.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if an update is needed about Taiwan? I drew an address from Taiwan today but I assume that now is not a good time to send postcards there given the earthquake last week.

1 Like

Hi @Alb
It is up to your country’s postal operator to decide whether to suspend mail or not.
So far, no postal/logistic services including Taiwan’s Chunghwa Post, have suspended mail to Taiwan due to the earthquake. Delays are inevitable, but no suspensions.

Generally speaking, it is a judgement call for postal operators, depending on the amount of the mail volume, the expected recovery time for the affected area (and how the rest of the system is functioning), the labor/cost efficiency, and so on.
For example, If the postal traffic is not high, a receiving country would still accept mail or a sending country could hold mail until the situation improves.
Unless it is affecting a whole country (like a war, a coup, a dysfunctional government, a pandemic, or other major national emergency), postal operators usually do not suspend international mail due to a disaster.

No countries suspended mail for recent events like wile fires in Australia and Chile, volcanic explosions in Iceland, earthquakes in Japan, flooding in Norway, Germany, Netherlands, Thailand, etc.

I’m sure @paulo and @meiadeleite are closely monitoring postal traffic to/from Taiwan and would update 'Postal Monitor when it’s needed.

3 Likes

Update for Albania! :albania:

Destinacionet ku mund të dërgohen objekte postare (Posta Shqiptare)

According to the list, the changes are the following:

Added: Ivory Coast/Côte d’Ivoire (Bregu i Fildishtë)
Removed: Sri Lanka, Zambia (Zambi), Zimbabwe (Zimbabve)

1 Like

I do not know how the lists are updated. I am from Libya, and according to the list of countries that can send to Libya, there are many countries that can send normally to Libya. This list is incorrect. I received envelopes and cards from several countries on this list during this month, including Albania, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, Finland, Russia, and Senegal.

2 Likes

The AusPost website says that post to Libya from Australia is still suspended. I can’t find them now but I’ve seen posts that say that suspensions can be due to lack of transport or other events resulting in long travel times, which could mean that letters could potentially still make it, it’ll just take a while. How long did it take for the card from Australia to arrive? It’d also be interesting to hear how they posted it; in a post box or at a post office?

The latest update for service interruptions in Africa was on the 4th, so hopefully there should be an update soon if service is restored!

1 Like

Hello @fareglarkt
Postal Monitor is updated according to the announcements or information provided by the postal operator (or sometimes the government) of each country.

We do not update 'Postal Monitor based on individual cases, because the postal routes have to be open from all parts of the country, for anyone, at any time, consistently.

Please refer to the first post. Thank you.

4 Likes

its send to me in 7-feb and i got it in 11-mar, about 1 month, but it was send to Libya via Germany

1 Like

Postal Monitor was recently updated for:
Albania, Australia, Christmas Is., Cocos Is., Dominican Republic, Georgia, Haiti, Mexico, Nepal, Norfolk Is., Seychelles, Slovenia, Trinidad and Tobago.

@zhuronhua and @1nt, thank you for the reports.

2 Likes

We were confused by that EMS note as well, as their spreadsheet file says the route to New Zealand is working, and has no note about being only for EMS. Still, we temporarily suspended the route until we could confirm it and, indeed, postcards are arriving from Russia to New Zealand, so the route is working and we restored it on the Postal Monitor.

RU-10031556
RU-10040067
RU-10034443
RU-10043622
RU-10029181
RU-10028329
RU-10028331
RU-10028333
RU-10029872
RU-10026155
RU-10031555
RU-10029891
RU-10026195
RU-10027215
RU-10026727

2 Likes

I saw a post on Xiaohongshu said due to Postal blockade, she can’t send mail from China to Jamaica.Besides, China Post notified it doesn’t accept mail send to Palestine (Israel’s services have been restored in March 8th. 2024)

1 Like

Airmail to JAMAICA is now truly suspended, but Surface Mail to JAMAICA is normal.
All kinds of mail to PALESTINE is now suspended.
—— Information from Department of International Business, China Post Group Co., Ltd.
(No Public announcement)

Govt. of India-Dept. of Posts has recently issued updates (International mail on hold) regarding service to Israel and Iran.

1 Like

Nepal Post Can Send mails to these countries
Please update your data

This is the recent notice available on Nepal postal website

@HimanshuAgrawal
Thank you for your reports.
It looks like the reports match the information we had received from Nepali Post, therefore, no changes to Postal Monitor this time
Please keep us posted. Thank you.

1 Like

German Post stopped sending to Russia. Correct me if I’m wrong. But from my experience, I tried sending mail via Germany to Russia, it got returned to my mailbox with a stamp saying service suspended. Thank you

That’s not true. The service isn’t suspended. It’s working normally.

Please note that using via does not guarantee that your mail will be forwarded by Deutsche Post, especially if they did not get paid for their service (ie a German stamp was not used).