Indian Postcrossers šŸ‡®šŸ‡³

Hello

My suggestion would be to order the stamps from the below site. This is the official website of the Indian Post. Not all post offices have pretty stamps. Many of them arenā€™t even aware about Philately. In some states only the Post Office GPO (General Post Office) which is like the Head Post office has the Philately counters.

https://www.epostoffice.gov.in/

For the postcards you could get them at local shops or from Amazon India! Again because the postcards by Indian Post are available generally at Post Office GPO. I will suggest Amazon India. Search for ā€œIndian Postcardsā€.

Good luck and have a safe travel to India :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Do we have to specify ā€œAir Mailā€ in all postcards we sent out? Iā€™m new to postcrossing and I stick 15rs stamp for outside India and only write the address, postcard ID and content on card. Am I doing anything wrong?
6April2023

1 Like

Someone is reading old sacred texts, welcome to postcrossing @SajrajS
I usually write ā€œBY AIR MAILā€ on my all outgoings, so they reach thier destination fast, cause i have experienced mail reaching late despite of using air mail postage but not mentioned ā€œBY AIR MAILā€.
Hope youā€™ll find it helpful:)

3 Likes

Thank You @Hemang
So, by writing ā€œBy Air Mailā€ on a postcard with 15rs stamp on it, it will be delivered fast? With no extra payment?

1 Like

Yes, luckily I was notified of this from that personā€™s profile, and I believe I read that in this site too. So when i posted it, on 3April2023, i stuck a printed label of address in the address bar. If someone could mention this thread after a month, I might be able to update on this :star_struck:

1 Like

Oh yes, cards reach faster:)

1 Like

Thank You. Happy Postcrossing friend :innocent:

1 Like

Thanks for this amazing site suggestion. I bought a handful of beautiful stamps from here. All postoffices near me was selling this plain, boring stamps from the same sheet. Thank You

Any postcrossers from Jharkhand here? I live in Jamshedpur. I sent my first card in December 2022 and have sent more than 25 cards via and outside Postcrossing so far (all abroad). However, I have not received any card yet.

Postcrossing support told me that the first card posted to my address was sent in Decā€™22. Is such a long delay normal? What should I do? Any help or guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.

2 Likes

i know a guy from jamshedpur through reddit exchange, his cards were arriving at delivery postoffice, however postman didnā€™t want to deliver. He talked to the incharge and then they were delivered in bunch.

2 Likes

Thanks Anurag. I will inquire at the Head Post Office here as well as my local post office.

1 Like

Update: as i mentioned above, i write BY AIR MAIL on my cards, my cards are reaching faster:)
Fastest ever to Germany in 11 days

2 Likes

Update:

I received my first (unofficial) postcard ever today via an exchange with a forum member. The local post office had been holding it for around a week now and handed it to me today when I went to inquire for it again along with some other documents (trackable) that they had been holding without delivering.

Still got no updates on official postcards sent to me. The post office claimed they have not received any more postcards addressed to me. So Iā€™m still blocked indefinitely. :frowning:

Hereā€™s the beautiful cards from Russia, thanks to @x87y ! :heart:

5 Likes

The ePostOffice website works like a charm. Received the order of stamps in a week! Highly recommended for stamps. Lot of variety!

2 Likes

I hadnā€™t been writing BY AIR MAIL on my cards. No wonder they are taking time to reach.
Thanks for the insight. Will use it on all my future cards.

2 Likes

I have one other query. You mentioned Rs 15 stamp.
My post office asked me to put Rs 30 stamp for international cards. Is that right? Please confirm

3 Likes

its ā‚¹15 for international airmail.

ā‚¹30 is for air letter to Europe (ā‚¹25 for 20g letter and ā‚¹5 for air mail)

tarriff section

3 Likes

I had ordered on 24th October, hadnā€™t received anything yet, canā€™t even track the mail, may be hadnā€™t dispatched yet:( (almost 12 days)

1 Like

Postal staff can be wrong, my staff suggested me 50ra for any foreign mail even if itā€™s card or envelope, but i researched and came up with correct postage.

Itā€™s 15rs for AIRMAIL to foreign (Postcard)
12rs for surface mail to foreign (Postcard)

4 Likes

Hey, I am now to postcrossing. I want to ask you whether to write airmail on the top of the post card? doesnā€™t it deteriorate the beauty? is there a stamp like that?

1 Like