In English - visitors corner

Hi Rituzza,

of course :blush: If the card is in italian, it’s no problem where its from.
I’ll DM you

That’s so kind of you :orange_heart: I’ll DM you

I’ll DM you. Thank you so much :orange_heart:

1 Like

The question about sending official VA- :vatican_city: postcards is a recurring one. Please head to Travel Mode ✈️ Destinations - Questions - Opinions - #585 by EDC83, In short, you need to contact the PC staff to have your country changed to the Vatican City and draw addresses normally from where you are in Rome. When you are done, PC will allow you to reverse the country change.

@Kitia
Please write here in this topic in English.
And maybe you can send a PM to melon_coffee (if you didn’t do so in the meantime).
Thank you.

We are planning a trip to Munich in December that will take us to Dolomites for a week of Christmas skiing and then back to Munich.
Please share any and all recommendations for Munich and Dolomites:
Places to stay
Places that eat
Postcard shopping
Best skiing area for beginners at Dolomites (I’m not very brave and my son is only 6 and learning, I’m planning this part for my husband who is a great skiier.)
And anything else you can think of in the way of travel advice!
I haven’t been to Italy in over 20 years and he’s never been. :scream:

Ciao!

I’m looking for someone who might be interested in swapping a Venice’s carnival (traditional masks/costumes) card with me. In exchange, you can let me know what you like, and I will try to accommodate your request :slight_smile:

Please, DM me if you’re interested!

Grazie!

@SandraHS pm sent

1 Like

Request a Marconi stamp from a Italy postcrosser.

Will swap a stamp or postcard!

1 Like

@djctv2020 pm sent

1 Like

Hello Italian post crossers,

My name is Françoise, I am a 78 year-old French woman living in China. I have started an album of postcards showing railway stations all over the world and I wonder whether I could receive some from Italy, it can be from a big city or a small town.
In exchange I can offer tourist cards of China, panda cards, Chinese opera cards.

Anyone interested?
Françoise

we have quite beautiful stations, but I have never seen a postcard of one lol, good luck in your search!

1 Like

Hi. I work in a small museum dedicated to actor James Stewart. One of my friends/coworkers is turning 88 (!!) on June 28th. She, like me, has ancestors from Italy.
I am wondering if any Italian postcrossers might like to help her celebrate her birthday. I can PM you her name and address if you’d like to help.
Thanks!
Rick Bavera

[ARRANGED - Thanks!]

Ciao a tutti :wave:

I’m looking for someone in Italy who would like to send my postcard back to me.

I collect the Greetings from (Postallove) series. I have two GF Italy postcards. I’ll send you an envelope with both postcards. Then, you send one back to me in the Netherlands, written and stamped. And you get to keep the other :blush:

Please let me know if you would like to help me with this. Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Veerle

2 Likes

I am looking for tourist cards (preferably single-view) from the following parts of Italy: Calabria, Molise and Basilicate, as well as Lake Trasimene and other not so well known lakes (I have tons of cards about Como and Garda lakes…).
I could send tourist cards from China in exchange Sorry I have no access to “series” of cards…

Hi Postcrossers! I’m currently visiting Rome and wonder if anyone knows where I can find non-touristy (quirky, nice design, just interesting in general). Any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks. :pray:

Hi! The main road (Via della Conciliazione) just in front of Vatican City is full of shops selling many types of postcards, I’m pretty sure you can find something you like!
There are a lot of touristy postcard but also different desings.
Also if you don’t know Vatican City has its own post system, with one office located in Saint Peter’s square (see picture).
They make their own stamps, with the same price system as Italian post.
Have a nice stay in Rome!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this information! The Vatican City is a great idea – I visited the Vatican Museum yesterday but didn’t think of the Vatican City as a place for stamps…
I’ve asked several tour guides and locals for specific stores that sell non-touristy postcards and haven’t been able to find any specific locations, so I’m thinking I may stop by one of the bookstores and check them out…I remember that when I was in Brussels I found the best postcards at a bookstore.
Thanks so much, once again!

1 Like

Depending on the museum you might find some nice cards in museum gift shops @ctrogan

@ctrogan you can check them on google maps, I found beautiful postcards 1.Prati Urbani River Tempus Machina 2.Otherwise Bookshop

1 Like