In English - visitors corner

@Jupie mille grazie!

@ctrogan this is the Mobile Office of the Vatican Post. If you want, there is also this one always in the left side of St. Peter Square,

3 Likes

I collect those maximum cards of famous persons issued by your postal services. I would like to know the cost of the latest two issued to honor the great Marco Polo and Giacomo Matteotti. I can send stamps or / and postcards of the same value from Cyprus.

Thank you, Prodromos.

@Prodromos Marco Polo maxicard is 5,3€, while Matteotti maxicard is 2,5€.

Sometimes Poste Italiane doesn’t show the price of maxicard on the main list on its website, but it’s always in the foglio informativo = F.I. (informative sheet), at cartolina obliterata (maxicard).
It’s the link at bottom of each stamp page :wink:

3 Likes

Grazie. You have some beautiful issues but again as is in whole World… year by year more expensive.

Yeah :frowning:
I was especially disappointed by the Marco Polo stamp because I was hoping to use it on postcards, instead it is so expensive that it is only good for parcels

1 Like

Buongiorno - Italy is my favorite country to visit, but I have only sent and received a few cards from Italy. I would love to penpal with someonoe in Italy. Beside the big three (Rome, Florence, Venice), I have been to Sicily, spent a month in Umbria, and was in Bologna and Ravenna for Christmas a few years ago.

I work in healthcare and in my free time I write ghost stories and fairytales. Send a message if you are interested.

@gbliss hi and good luck, unfortunately it is difficult for us to keep penpals from USA because postal service from here to there is quite expensive and very slow (it takes months)
maybe you can also try in the penpalling section of the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey y’all!
This September I’m going to visit Italy :it: for the first time in my life :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: We’ll stay in rome and I’m really excited and can’t wait to see all these beautiful buildings and learn about this wonderful culture! I’ve already get some wonderful recommendations from the lovely @Amya80 … and we started our “Rome Bucket List”

I would also like to ask you what restaurants, bars, cafes or simply sights you can recommend in Rome… maybe something where there aren’t so many tourists?

Thank y’all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@csr95 have a good time in Rome!
I suggest you this wonderful bookcrossing cafè, one of my fav spots:

3 Likes
1 Like

You can see Ostia Antica Ostia Antica - Wikipedia

And also Ostia, a part of Rome on the sea :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you. Helpful insight. And – oops ! – I did not notice there was a penpallng section. I just went to the Canadian Open tennis tournament. We got to see Sinner playing doubles up close. Also so Matteo Arnaldi.

1 Like

@Jupie @Alyonushka-SPb @Malika1604 thank y’all so much :heart:

2 Likes

Uuuh thats exactly my case :heart_eyes:
I will visit it in November when i go to Rome.
Thanks for that tipp!

Hello everyone, I have a question :smiley::

If I want to send postcards from Italy to Germany, what value does the stamp have to have, because I would like to order them in advance.

Is the price per postcard (international everywhere else) the same or are there differences? :thinking:

I hope you understand what I mean. :sweat_smile:
Thanks!

Ciao Lisa @Alissila ,
for Germany you need stamps B zona 1 (1,3€) the tariff for EU, Russia and mediterranean countries.

Sending outside EU you need B zona 2 (2,45€) or, if you send to Oceania, B zona 3 (3,2€).

There’s no difference between postcard and letter, the above stamps are intended until 20g weight.

1 Like

Aha, I saw the chart with the prices but then I was confused. :sweat_smile:

Thank you for the quick response! :hugs:

Ciao dear Italian postcrossers!! I’m trying to make the postman collection for the WPD, I can offer the Spanish version in exchange for the Italian one. Is anyone interested?

@sheila93 have a look here maybe

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/swap-happy-postman-from-italy/904833

1 Like