In English - Visitor's corner

Maybe anyone can give me some hints:

I collect postcards with sport events and today I found this one with the finish of the "Vasa "- event in Mora.
But as this postcard was not written there is no stamp and no postmark to have a date.
Can anyone assume from wich year it is?

I found it on a person’s website, he collects stamps and postcards.

https://www.backen.se/w1/wstort.htm

It’s W119 in the list.

thank you very much for searching, yes it´s the same postcard.
I don´t speak Swedish, I think the person wants to sell this postcard, but I cant find a comment about the age of the postcard

In the photo’s description it says “W119 FOTO Mora Vasaloppsmålet, fr-74, Gerhards” meaning Mora finish of the Vasa ski race from 1974, and Gerhards is Gerhards Konstförlag (art publisher).

I also found the same card, written and sent in 1977.

I also found a multi-view card including that picture, written and sent 1974.

https://www.tradera.com/item/270219/538798989/kort-vasaloppet-salen-mora-1974-flerbildskort-

Oh thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: for all your efforts
1974 sounds very possible and I´ll remark it on my card

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to organise a meet-up in Copenhagen in early 2024, and given that we last year had people fly in from Norway and Germany, I’d like to extend the invitation far and wide this year.

So come join our thread and help us find the best date (if you’d actually come): Copenhagen meet-up on February 24th, 2024.

You should know, that even if coming to Copenhagen isn’t a significant expense for you, postcards are still 36 DKK a piece to send from Denmark (54 NOK, 56 SEK).

Thank you,
Vilhelm

3 Likes

We’ve decided on meeting on the 24th of February.

1 Like

Og folk klager på at ting er dyrt her i Norge :rofl: 55 NOK for et frimerke er ganske heftig til og med for nordmenn!

1 Like

Hello!

I am a 40/F in the United States, always fascinated with my ancestors. I have been tracking my family tree and have found a lot of it in southern Sweden – I plan to travel to there when I am able, and am learning Swedish for fun (and to help with communication when I am there).

I’d like to have a Swedish penpal to help work on my Swedish, and learn more about the culture. Would anyone be interested in exchanging letters? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have you found a Swedish penpal yet, or are you still looking? :slightly_smiling_face:

I just moved to Sweden…
So could someone explain where to get stamps, how much to pay for postcards, letters, how to send packages etc? That would be really great!

Some of questions are already answered on the English thread In English - Visitor's corner

You can PM me if you have more and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible or continue the questions on the English thread I linked.

2 Likes

Hello Denmark! I have found some stamps I bought the last time I visited DK, possibly 2000/2001, that are 4.50kr. They have the Oresund Bridge on them.

I will be visiting Denmark again next month and wonder if they can still be used, and if Danish post offices sell different value stamps to make up the 36kr rate for a postcard?

Thank you for your help!

@80sFan I visited Denmark in June 2021 and had with me Danish stamps issued around early 2000s and early 1980s. They were all eligible for mailing. I remember a Danish postcrosser posting elsewhere on the forum that any stamp issued later 1939 is valid for mailing today.

As to how to buy and combine different stamps, I am sure post office staff can help you. :slight_smile:

Hi all, I have a question about Julpost (Sweden) and their equivalent value. As I understand, you can use the 14kr Julpost stamp for up to 50g inside Sweden.

Does it also mean that you can use 2x Julpost stamp for international mails until 31 December?

No, the postage abroad doesn’t change. You can use the Christmas stamps, but you will have to add 2 SEK stamp to get up to the current 30 SEK postage.

2 Likes

Hei alle sammen!
My name is Claire. I’m a university student living in Illinois, USA. I am looking for one or two pen pals from Scandinavia. I know postage is expensive, but it will be one letter every few months so hopefully, that’s not too much
I’m looking for people preferably 20 or older (I’m 23). I speak A2 Norwegian, plus some other languages.
I love nature, cultures, folk music and dances, languages, and, of course, mail!
Please pm me if you’re interested!
Tusen takk!

1 Like

Hi, all!!!
Thank you for providing this visitor’s corner!!!
Will any kind Scandinavian postcrossers still accept other China cards for a postal hug(sent from origin)? Thank you very much!!

Shocking news today for Swedish Postcrossers so I will post this here too.

International postage will be raised to 36 SEK on 1st of January 2024! This means the new postage will be 20% higher and will definitely affect the already small Swedish Postcrossing community :frowning:

For those who are living in Sweden or planning to visit and sending cards: you can buy stamps on current price until 31st of December. Buy stamps marked “brev”, those will always have the value of domestic letter up to 50g and you can use them for international mail too. Currently “brev” stamps are valued 15 SEK and after 1st of January their value will be 18 SEK.

1 Like

Even worse for Danish postcrossers: The price per postcard abroad from Denmark will be raised to 50 DKK, equivalent to €6,71. That’s a 72% increase (it was already a mad 36 DKK or €4,83 per postcard).

All stamps from before new years will be invalidated for national mail, but so far not for international mail.

2 Likes