In English — Visitor’s Corner

hello, in turkey postcards are “untrackable” that’s why their priorities are pretty low. post office workers primarily intend to deliver trackable mails. they may set aside the postcard you sent that’s why it may still on the queue for leaving. if you do not wanna wait more let penpal know thus he/she can stay in touch with post office delivering service. since if you make pressure on them they’ll send your mail to your penpal asap

You can check out the youtube video down below:

Hope that helps!

Hello there,
I have turned my postcard collection (for 15 years) into a huge NFT collage. If you’re interested, you can check it out here:
My postcard collection for over 15 years

You can also check out my other postcard nfts here:
https://opensea.io/cukcan

Hello everyone, :sparkles:

I am visiting Turkey in September. Since I love to send myself a postcard on my trip, I am wondering if I can get a special postmark with image in Istanbul? I will go to Kas and Antalya too.

And how much postage should I pay to send it to China? (I am worrying about not getting enough stamps too)

There are no special postmarks in Turkey. It is currently 30 TRY to send a card anywhere on the globe, however, a price increase can occur anytime.

Noted. Thank you so much! :heart:

How much does it cost today? I can´t open the PTT website, it seems offline or I am blocked to open it from abroad.
I´d like to order stamps before my trip because I´ll be in a small town only.

30 tl for each card.

2 Likes

Hi

I have never sent to or received cards from Turkey but I really want to. Would someone be interested in swapping?

If this is not the right place for this request, kindly point me to the right thread.

Thanks

Hello,

I go to Antalya in 2 week.

So I would like to know how much the stamps are for around the world ? 30tl ?

But, i saw the stamps about 3 tl, it’s ok for sending ?

Many thanks

Does anyone know the current price for sending postcards from Turkiye? I am visiting there and unfortunately can’t acces their website, from some reason it doesn’t let me on?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Travel Mode :airplane: Destinations - Questions - Opinions

Hello! All countries require 30 TL worth of stamps. The postcard sending fee has changed quite often in the last few years, affecting each year’s new stamps’ value. So, the one you have in the picture wouldn’t be sufficient unfortunately, it was sufficient for 2020, but not anymore… You should get some more stamps and mix-and-match :slight_smile:

There are some recent 20 TL-worth stamps that you can match with 10 TL-worth stamps. You can see some examples in the pictures below. You can further look at what kind of stamps there are in the following link: https://filateli.gov.tr/

Have a great trip to Antalya! :sunny:

1 Like

Hello,
I am having a cruise on the Mediterranean Sea and visiting several ports in late July/early August this year. One of the ports is located in Turkey. I have a chance to buy stamps beforehand, but I could not find their values.

How much does it cost to send a postcard to Europe from Turkey in liras? How about sending a postcard to other countries?

Thank You!

Please look to that Wiki :arrow_right: Prices of stamps for postcards in all countries/territories (wiki)

Hello :cherry_blossom:
The international cost to anywhere is 30 turkish lira.
Domestic is 15 turkish lira.
Enjoy your time in Türkiye
:blush:

Any reccomendations for finding stamps in Turkey :tr: during my upcoming holiday ?
Last year I wasted a lot of time visiting closed post offices in France despite the Internet declared opening times…

1 Like

We are fortunate to have many active Postcrossers in Turkey who can probably help answer this, I would recommend asking here- In English — Visitor’s Corner
It is a thread for visitors to Turkey to ask questions in English

3 Likes

Hi, I was in Turkey a few months ago, you can only buy stamps directly on the post offices and the rates changes according the country you’re sending to so it can be expensive ! Hope you can enjoy anyway :slight_smile:

Edit : If this could help, there is a little desk between Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia (Istanbul) where they sell international stamps and it’s cheaper than the post office (same price for any country) BUT they’re often out of stamps at some point (like if you’re going late in the day) so better try in the morning.

3 Likes

Hello!

I live in Turkey for several months of the year, but I speak Turkish very poorly. I want to send postcards and letters from Turkey with real stamps, not with printed marks (meter stamps). In Turkey I live in Trabzon, there are either few stamps on the PTT, or even none at all. Post officers offer me to pay and to get meter stamps printed to my mail.

Is it possible to buy stamps online from PTT and have them delivered to an address in Turkey? If so, I could order (in advance) 1000 TL worth of stamps and then affix them to my mail by myself just before mailing. I have a Turkish bank card, I have already purchased various products online, the purchase and delivery process does not cause problems.

Is there a service for purchasing postage stamps online?

1 Like