Travel Mode ✈️ Destinations - Questions - Opinions

I will be in Andorra in 2 weeks. I am saving up open slots for the official postcrossing cards. I hope I can find cards and stamps in the tiny town I stay in.

9 Likes

It’s amazing what a Postcrosser will do to send a stranger a bit of happy mail. I have hunted for stamps, post office, post boxes, postcards, struggled with my lack of language diversity and ALWAYS find someone helpful in a shop, on the streets, and in a post office including postal clerks, security staff, and locals.
Big lesson recently: make sure you get your number ticket before waiting …
Happy Postcrossing all!

10 Likes

I ordered some stamps from Liechtenstein this morning, so that on an excursion I can pop across the border and use Travel Mode there!

9 Likes

There are Spanish and French Andorra stamps, also there are Spanish and French postboxes. I ordered stamps before I went, but you probably don’t have enough time for that.

2 Likes

I was able to get a local internet connection to use travel mode at the National Postal Museum of Liechtenstein in Vaduz. They have free wifi that anyone can connect to, and the museum is worth visiting as well. It’s not very big so it shouldn’t take long to explore. There is a visitor’s center next door with many postcards for sale and a post office across the street where you can mail the postcards. Have fun!

7 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: In English — Visitor’s Corner

Panama update. I found beautiful postcards at the Bocas del Toro airport for $1 each. They are all wildlife and beach scenes (that’s what Bocas is all about).

In Panama City, it’s a Postcrossing Heaven. There are all types of postcards available in the Old Town (Casco Viejo). The post office situation is a mix of good and bad. There is no post office in Casco Viejo, the nearest one is the main one in the Calidonia area. It’s a bit abusive, with long lines, people sending big packages and very harried clerks. A better option is in the financial district at the World Trade Center. There’s a quiet post office inside and upstairs. The clerk is very helpful. The postage was amazing: 35 cents to North America.40 Europe .45 Asia/Australia.

7 Likes

I plan on doing this from the island of Milos when me and my gf go there this summer.
But more weird is hoing to be from Osh, Kyrgyzstan when i go hiking there this summer.
Anyone know the best places to buy cards in Osh? And where the main post office is?!
Info online seems limited.

2 Likes

Hello, may I ask if Panama has not yet resumed postal services with China and is unable to send postcards to China?

@zhuronhua, have you checked the Postal Monitor? From the Home page tool bar, click “Explore”, then “Postal Monitor”.

1 Like

I had checked, Chinese friends who sent to Panama this year said that Panama could not send postcards to China. Because there is no postal official document😓, I can’t report this matter.

3 Likes

The Panamanian post office claims that it is sending everywhere now. What happens in reality is anyone’s guess.

3 Likes

I have a question regarding the travel mode. Maybe it is a stupid question or maybe it was answered before… I don’t want to make a mistake before I use this travel mode.

Let me explain the situation. I will be visiting Berlin. I like sending postcards to other forum members, eg. … Tag. When in Berlin I need to change into the travel mode. Will my flag on the profile on forum will also change from Poland into Germany? Do I have to write beforehand that the card to the forum user will be sent from Germany?

1 Like

No flag changes in travel mode. The flag in the official site is based on your home address, which doesn’t change. The flag in the forum you set manually in your profile, you can set it to anything you want any time you like or remove it completely :slight_smile:

(Click your avatar → Preferences → Profile and it is at the bottom of the page)

4 Likes

Depending on the type of tag or whichever forum activity, I would inform the user I would be sending from a country that I’m visiting. Otherwise, they might expect a card sent from Poland and be disappointed.

2 Likes

Has anyone sent/received a postcard from Ecuador recently? I am going there in a few weeks and would like to send a couple cards if possible, but I’ve also heard that their mail system is not the most functional currently.

2 Likes

I also have a question. In a few months, I will fly to a country that unfortunately does not deliver mail to my home country. How do I get a postcard with a postage stamp and a stamp of the sender’s country?

1 Like

By not posting it :smile: If the country doesn’t send to you, I don’t think there is anything you can do about it except for putting the postcard in your bag :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Or find someone willing to act as intermediary in a country which can receive from that country and send to yours. You send the postcard addressed to them, they put it in an envelope and send it on to you. (I would be happy to do this if you like)

2 Likes

And if you first write your own address on the card, put a piece of paper over it with washi tape and write the intermediaries address on there, you will have it stamped like you send it to yourself. You just take the piece of paper off.

2 Likes