In English — Visitor’s Corner

Hi anyone know if I can buy stamps whilst I transit at Istanbul airport and send postcards in the airport? Thank you.

Looking for someone in Istanbul, please PM me. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Hello to everyone!

I don’t know if it’s the right topic here, but I will try :see_no_evil:
Im searching for a penpal from Turkey. If someone is interested in, please write a message.
Greetings from Austria
Karina

1 Like

Hi! What’s the place in Izmir where I can buy postcards and poststamps? I visited 2 post office, they have very few stamps of low nominal (half of card square to fill). And it was a big trouble!
No idea about cards either (have one from the hotel). Museum has, but the shop-box doesn’t work =(

Mention the web-site https://www.filateli.gov.tr — there are no shopping points, just delivery =((( it’s not the point for touristic purposes.

I’m very disappointed =( are there any stamps in bookstores or filatelia salons?

Hello mates!
Can someone help me, please. Im currently in Kemer city, I draw 2 postcards to be sent, but I was told then that PTT will just trow them away if they see an outside adress. Im confused and need some kind of reassurance or confirmation on that. If that is actually untrue, I would like some guidance on what to say in PTT as I dont speak turkish.
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Okay, scratch that, mates. I cant find a single postcard to buy in both Kirtasiye, PTT and souvenir shops. :worried:

1 Like

I heard about the explosion in Istanbul on the news. I am so sad. I feel for you. :cry: :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Hello friends from Turkiye!

Just curious, how does this type of postmark come about?

Is it you run out of stamps and visit the post office, pay the postage, and the postal worker prints these marks on the spot for you? (Which means from the picture that the postcard was taken to the post office on 25 Jan 2023?)

Thanks!

Hello, post officers use this mark when they do not find the proper stamp to stick on postcards but it’s mostly used for the domestic mailing process. postcard and mailing fee was changed and PTT has not created enough new stamps suitable for new prices that’s why -maybe- you got this weird mark/stamp

balıkesir 25.01.2023 refers to your card was sent on 25 January 2023 from balıkesir (city) but i do not know what does it number mean. :smile:

1 Like

Interesting, thanks!

I was trying to verify the actual date that this forum member whom I swapped with sent the postcard.

I sent mine on 13 Dec 2022 and on 14 Dec he said he would “send tomorrow”.

He received mine on 9 Jan 2023, and when I did not receive his yet by 20 Jan, I PMed him and he still said, “I hope it’s not lost.”

Turns out he only sent it on 25 Jan.

Mystery solved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear Turkish members.

So sad news. I hope you and your dearest ones are safe. Warmest thoughts from Finland :heart:

6 Likes

Kiitos for your warmest wishes. Getting awareness will help a lot of people every help wish or pray counts. Kiitos :blue_heart::white_heart::heart:

2 Likes

Can someone remmend me channels to watch Turkish dramas? and learn the language as well. I have only one universit that offers regular programs and i am a working professional so cannot attend

I am trying to send a letter to my penpal in Turkey. I sent one at the start of December and it arrived in February. I then sent another after that and it hasn’t arrived yet. Is anyone having any issues with this?

hello, in turkey postcards are “untrackable” that’s why their priorities are pretty low. post office workers primarily intend to deliver trackable mails. they may set aside the postcard you sent that’s why it may still on the queue for leaving. if you do not wanna wait more let penpal know thus he/she can stay in touch with post office delivering service. since if you make pressure on them they’ll send your mail to your penpal asap

You can check out the youtube video down below:

Hope that helps!

Hello there,
I have turned my postcard collection (for 15 years) into a huge NFT collage. If you’re interested, you can check it out here:
My postcard collection for over 15 years

You can also check out my other postcard nfts here:
https://opensea.io/cukcan

Hello everyone, :sparkles:

I am visiting Turkey in September. Since I love to send myself a postcard on my trip, I am wondering if I can get a special postmark with image in Istanbul? I will go to Kas and Antalya too.

And how much postage should I pay to send it to China? (I am worrying about not getting enough stamps too)

There are no special postmarks in Turkey. It is currently 30 TRY to send a card anywhere on the globe, however, a price increase can occur anytime.