How fast do you send a postcard?

I do not have a big stack of postcards and I try to find something fitting for the person, so it may take up to a week before I actually send the card. But usually I can get the cards out in a few days.

6 Likes

if you try to find something to fit the memberā€™s taste itā€™s ok !
But it is not easy to wait for postcards to arrive at the beginning when we are a new member :smile:

Wow a year late!

I write the postcard on the same day or the day after I drew the address and send it out asap. I would feel bad if I took a week or so to write and send it. But thatā€™s just me personally, of course, and everyone has their own system.

2 Likes

Yes same here , I try to be as fast as possible especially if I send a card to a new member.

2 Likes

I tend to get a spot as soon as one of my cards arrives and write it that day. I usually drop it off at my workplace the following day to be mailed out. The only time I write more than one card is when more than one arrive in a day, or I get a new slot open!

2 Likes

I will request a new address when I am ready to sit and write a postcard. Very few times have I delayed writing a postcard the same day. I have a relatively large size postcard stash but if I canā€™t fulfill a request I may take a couple of days to fulfill a request, but not more than 2 days. The postcard may not be on their wishlist.

1 Like

Maybe the admins can still let you know the personā€™s contact details. Then you could message them and say ā€œBetter late than neverā€ too. :smiley:

6 Likes

Haha, that would be so funny :smile: It was at least 5 years ago.

2 Likes

I try to get a card in the mail by next day

1 Like

Iā€™m new as well but I am pretty slow in getting my cards out because Iā€™ve been making most of them to the tastes of the receiver. For example, I recently pulled the address of a school teacher who had their grey tabby as their avatar, so I made them a card with a grey tabby as a school teacher sitting at a desk in front of a blackboard. I donā€™t know how long Iā€™ll continue doing this since it takes me about 7-10 days to design and print each card. Reading everyoneā€™s responses about sending their cards the same dayā€¦ it does sound nice to get through more cards quicker. I might have to start sending more ready-made cards. (Iā€™ve sent a couple to people that expressly state no home made cards.)

13 Likes

That sounds wonderful!

I am quite surprised by the pressure so many people here seem to feel about fast deliveryā€¦ to me post crossing is a slow down hobby. I like to take time to pick or buy a card for the receiver, and decorate it and think of an interesting story to write.
After all, post crossing is about snail mail right, not about statistics :blush:

16 Likes

<For me it is not a pressure at all , I really like to send and receive a postcard quickly :grinning: ,especially because I am new here I think and I canā€™t wait!

1 Like

Itā€™s not pressure for me either. I only draw addresses when Iā€™m in the mood to write. I have a lot of postcards still from my last time here on Postcrossing and I also try to send one based on the userā€™s likes or wishes.

2 Likes

This is helpful. I am trying to write the same day or the next, but it can be up to a week as I look for postcards that meet the requestorā€™s ask.

I recently got two boxes of postcardsā€”one of plants and one of animals. I also found a local artist who makes postcards representing California, which is what I plan on using for ā€œmapā€ or ā€œflagā€ requests.

How do you get your pictures printed onto postcards?

2 Likes

I use Zazzle, although recently I cannot do so from my phone (where my pictures are stored), but must use Zazzle via laptop.

I make out the cards Iā€™m allowed to send, then send them out right away

1 Like

I do not feel I am pressured to get postcards out as fast as possible. I enjoy postcrossing very much. I love choosing the postcard and postage stamps, I enjoy writing a note about me or my day or whatever I thought the receiver may like to read. Iā€™d like to think the receiver would want my postcard as soon as possible, so I try my best to mail it out as soon as possible. When life happens, my postcrossing slows down a bit but I decide how active I want to participate. I think you can decide how you want to approach your postcrossing involvement to fit your lifestyle.

9 Likes

I agree,same for me.

For me itā€™s less about the writing (I do only draw cards when Iā€™m in the mood and only bit by bit as my motor skills can make it feeling like work at some days so donā€™t put me under the pressure of ā€œoh there are still 4 addresses you have gotten alreadyā€ anymore - learning from experience, is not fun then anymore.) itā€™s more about ā€œwhen do I get close to a mailbox next timeā€ and as Iā€™ll have to go into the city by bus for that (20mins bus drive and Iā€™m living on a hill) I would not do that just for postcards but do connect it with getting groceries or appointments.
So next time Iā€™ll see a mailbox will be wednesday morning, I have already some cards written yesterday (was in a flow there), the one today is not flowing that much so Iā€™m not sure how many addresses Iā€™ll do on monday or tuesday.

6 Likes