How fast do you send a postcard?

Ours neither, so I am only mailing my cards inside post offices.

2 Likes

I am very surprised of the answers. I understand that part of us are naturally quick, but is it true most of usā€¦ It takes average 2-3 days between drawing an address and getting ready for postage. I am just not ready to complete postcard for unkown person. I take time to get feeling that I send right postcard, write right words on postcard and choose nice stamps and stickers. It all actually takes time. I have found my rythm. I have sufficient pile of postcards and stamps on hand, not to lose time for purchasing postcards. I have 2 addresses on hand to take needed steps, and I send 1 postcard per 2 days.

11 Likes

Thatā€™s how I like to do it too @amullari . It suits me to take my time.

5 Likes

I usually try to send a postcard in the next two days, because the post office is far away and I do it after work. But it is better not to delay, of course, time is not waiting

2 Likes

I write the card immediately, but it might be several days before I post it.

5 Likes

I usually request addresses on weekends (I rarely have time to write cards during the weekdays)ā€¦ so I write cards on Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday. I normally put the cards in the mailbox at our post office on Mondays.
There is no point in throwing it in earlier because the :postbox: is only emptied from Monday to Friday at 4:30 p.m.

6 Likes

Thereā€™s no need to send a message. After all, the recipient doesnā€™t know that youā€™re sending a postcard, or when you got their address. I would be quite disappointed if I received a message in advance - it would spoil the surprise.

12 Likes

I usually send the same day. As soon as I get acknowledgement of my card being received I send out my card.

1 Like

They donā€™t ā€œwaitā€ for your card :slight_smile:
the guidelines say:

"Keep it a surprise.

The fun of Postcrossing is the surprise in the mailbox, so avoid contacting the receiver before the postcard reaches them."

Very few times I have been contacted, once the card never showed up, so I waited and felt like itā€™s my fault it didnā€™t arrive.
Once I didnā€™t know they waited for my reply, and they had thought maybe not to send at all, because I donā€™t answer :zipper_mouth_face:

If itā€™s only few days delay, I wouldnā€™t contact and I hope no one contacts me. Itā€™s so little time after all, it can stand in some other place that time anyways.

(I understand you mean well.)

5 Likes

Please donā€™t do this. For the most postcrossers itā€™ll be very disappointing.
Also, it is not necessary as the recipient doesnā€™t know that a card from you is on its way.

7 Likes

Sorry I made violation. Iā€™ll delete my post.

1 Like

A heart for your cute avatar of Snoopy @kyankyan

There was no need to delete your posts, I think :hugs:. It can always benefit some others to read what is discussed. I know itā€™s not easy to remember all the guidelines and rules at once and I believe everyone understands your meaning was good :heart:

9 Likes

I received recently one from Russia. It was draw on 23. November but the date of the stamp were on 5. December. So it was sent about 19 days after the address were draw.

1 Like

I usually have something immediate I can send the same or next day. If I am making a card for a wish list, it might be 2 or 3 days before I send.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what I do as well. :+1:

1 Like

Hi :wave: Iā€™m a newbie here at Postcrossing as well. I have the same concern whether thereā€™s a deadline to send postcards hereā€‹:sweat_smile:. Really worried about being bannedā€¦ So far, I only swaps on instagram and FB.

2 Likes

Like others, I usually send postcards the same day that I get a new address. Within my desk, I keep a supply of postcards with different themes so that I will have one already on-hand that members might like.

3 Likes

I once received a postcard where the sender wrote ā€œbetter late than neverā€. There was an ID but it wasnā€™t in the system anymore. So the card was sent at least a year late, it didnā€™t actually travel long. I am glad the person did send me the card but I was a bit sad that I couldnā€™t say thank you. Now I know that if I had contacted the admins, they would have been probably able to find them but I didnā€™t know it then.

9 Likes

There is no deadline for sending, and no one will monitor it. However, the sooner you can send a card the sooner it can get registered and the sooner you will be able to send another.

4 Likes