How do you store or display your postcards?

I have mine in photo albums. I currently have filled 2 and there are some that don’t fit but there’s only been about 5 or 6 and I just put them in there between the pages. This is only temporary whilst I’m with my parents. When I have my own place again I plan to display them on my walls etc

Hello dear Postcrossers, can you tell us how do you store your postcards? do you organize them by themes or countries? and you put them in albums or just boxes? can you show us photos?
I like to organize my postcards by thems, I like people and natives, also flags and maps, animals, historical monuments, nature…
I use some boxes and Albums too.

21 Likes

This thread might be helpful.

2 Likes

I changed yesterday the candy box (it was full) to shoebox. I have just 29 cards, so the shoebox is fine.

I just recently bought a set of wooden card holders, used for playing cards, and love how they look with postcards. My other cards are in a basket nearby,so I can rotate the cards easily.

51 Likes

After trying out multiple options, we started a DIY album and we feel it works the best for us. Procedure is simple if you can get the tools and rings for the binders easily in your neighborhood. The advantage is that it can hold cards of different sizes (just choose the right size of the plastic sleeve) and rearranging cards is is very easy as one can easily insert/remove a card.

25 Likes

Frog :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I have an old wooden box I decorated with stamps when I was a teenager…it’s too small for my postcards though, I use it for other things. I could buy a whole bag of used stamps for a few dollars back then.
Now I don’t have many postcards yet, but want to do a collage

My amazing wife made a box for me to use and I love it. It’s almost full so she said she’ll make another soon :smiley:

54 Likes

I’m sort of envious of those of you with the racks designed for selling cards at shops! I’ll have to keep my eye out for any shops closing/moving/redecorating selling their old fixtures…

Right now my cards are stored in a box. I want to put together a board with twine on it and mini paper clips so I can hang up cards and maybe rotate what I display as my collection grows.

Unless I can find a standing postcard turnstile that is…

1 Like

I bought mine new. You’re in a different country, I know, but I did a Google search for ‘postcard rack’, and chose from the many companies selling them. I’m really pleased with it. I love changing the display every week.

2 Likes

I’ll do a bit of looking then!

1 Like

Though I still want to look for a spinning postcard rack,I did put together something with materials I already had for a wall display yesterday:

Right now it has some of my newer and favorite cards; I can curate by themes and rotate out in the future.

14 Likes

I like your sheet protective folder. What size are those?

This is brilliant!! Love this!

1 Like

file size 15 * 21 centimeters :slight_smile:

I sorted the postcards into different containers.

24 Likes

My husband is Year of the Ox, which is also this year. This year we celebrated our one-year anniversary which is the paper anniversary. So, for a ‘gift’ I put together a collage of Year of the Ox postcards (paper). It is hanging in our living room.

The Hamilton/Stitch postcard here I bought from Etsy and made a collage of my Hamilton-themed regalia. It is hanging above my computer in my office.

23 Likes

I used something very similar to this! In mine I get to see the front and the back. i really like the map cover of your album.

I went into a local antiques shop today to have a look at their old cards, and they’ve put up this church hymn number display board to showcase some of the smaller cards:

I rather liked the look of it, but sadly this one was way out of my price range. :flushed: My recent cards will just have to be content in their old toast rack for now.

32 Likes