How do you store or display your postcards?

up to the wall,must be a fantastic idea!!!

I like to put them up on a wall. But that is full now :sweat_smile: I have to still convince my significant other to let me put some more on an other wall. The rest is sortet by I want to hang them up (currently on a stack on a window sill) and I don’t like to look at that much (in a nice memory box to be pulled out occasionally)
The wall looks like this:

56 Likes

@Mali7002
Check this out.

I keep some of them in a shoebox together with letters. But I put my favorites on the wall in front of my table, so I can always see them. I’m an art student, so it kinda inspires me to draw more and also gives me ideas.

2 Likes

Here’s an update to my wall!

22 Likes

Using some mounting putty, I put some of my favourite cards up on my wall right next to my bed.

9 Likes

I like to do DIY´s so my husband made me the wooden frame and I´ve done the rest.

I don´t have so many postcards until now so I will display them there and as soon as they will be too much sometimes I will put the oldest one´s in a box.

23 Likes

I have a plastic wallet (with flag sticker) for each country.

25 Likes

I bought some wire racks which would normally be used to kit out a shop.

71 Likes

Looking good!

2 Likes

This is them in my living room:

39 Likes

I store the postcards I have to use in a shoe box with DIY dividers. Recycling mug cardboard box for touristic postcards and bookmarks. I rarely display the postcards I receive. Only these ones on shelve.
Actually, I send postcards to charity to an australian postcrosser and other one are for my pupils I receive with ID on the main website.

14 Likes

I also stored received postcards exactly like this…
The plastic sheets are becoming rare to get although…
Where do you buy the plastic sheets ?

1 Like

i used to buy them in stationery shop, but it closed some years ago :sob:
then i found a new shop, but it closed too :sob:
they were transparent sheets with 2 or 4 pockets, now i buy sheets with a single pocket and i cut them with scissors and use tape to create the kind of pocket i need, it depends on the postcards’ sizes.

@Leopold_Uganda & @stefbot75

Aside from stationery shops if you have stamps dealers or philatelic suppliers in your area they may also have these sleeves. I know that Leuchtturm, the German philatelic supplier sells this sort of item.

1 Like

The cards that are waiting to be sent are stored in three boxes. The top one contains most of the postcard books that I have along with some long postcards.

The middle one has some large postcards on the bottom and others that are slightly bigger than the standard size on top.

The bottom one has two layers: first a drawer with a few dividers, this is where I keep most of the Geneva and Switzerland cards as well as some other categories. Underneath are some postcards box sets.

There are also some that haven not made it into the system yet…

13 Likes

This is so well organized :slight_smile::ok_hand:t5:

It took me so long to post in this thread as there was so much clutter on my floor, but a big tidying session means that the photos do not embarrass me… :grin:

6 Likes

I can understand the feeling :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for reminding me of a box with coloured folders I bought as a teen to sort out the letters I received from my several penpals. I haven’t used these folders to store some of the postcards I receive from Postcrossing friends.

I store most of my official Postcrossing cards in albums for banknotes. I have sheets split in two for regular-sized postcards, and non-split sheets for bigger cards. The only downside is that these albums and sheets are getting a bit expensive.
I only keep postcards I don’t like in boxes.
As for my collection of meeting cards, I started to pile them by date, but it has become difficult to keep it up, since I have so many of them here and there now…

(I will add some photos later…)

4 Likes