How do you organise your postcrossing things?

I have to make new dividers for my postcard box, as my current ones (made of cardboard) are looking very rough indeed.
Does anyone have suggestions for how to make more durable dividers from some commonly available material? Because I am also cheap :wink:

2 Likes

You can make them out of cheap placemats, I do not if you know this you can place them under your plate when you eat. Or you can use paper and laminate those.

4 Likes

As you can see, @doryfera I too am thrifty and so
I made dividers out of recycling cardboard…
They do function!

Maybe this will inspire me to make fresh new ones?
:innocent:

2 Likes

@JessBrab , @dempsterstreet , thank you for your kind ideas. I’ve been recycling cardboard for this purpose up until now, but it does get tattered easily. That’s why I’m looking for another solution. And placemats = an intriguing idea, but I want something that’s really stiff and will create a strong barrier to hold the sections in place.

So right now I’m thinking of getting some foam core board from the local dollar store, cutting it into pieces, and seeing how that works. It’s nice stuff – both stiff and lightweight. If I do try it out, I’ll let you know how it goes!

3 Likes

Good idea, @doryfera I look forward to seeing them!

@hosts, I checked the directories and did advanced searches but couldn’t find this topic already… please close this one and let me know about the already existing one :smiley:

Hello!

I am very curious about how you store all your stationary collections including stickers, washi tapes, decorating articles etc. :smiley:

I have discovered MailArt recently (not saying that I’m good at it, yet…) so I picked up lots of stuff but now their just lying around…

Now show us your collection :bouncing:

1 Like

There’s a washi tape discussion where people talk about washi and show their collection

1 Like

Thanks, I saw that one. I’m asking about the storage of everything, maybe some members have brilliant ideas :slight_smile: is that okay?

i think this might be what you’re looking for :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This shoebox is just about right as I’m a fledgling Postcrosser.

I consider it an upcycling win!

9 Likes

Our trolley got brought up at a recent meet-up so I thought I’d share it! The bulk of the postcards are organised into themes with cardboard dividers in the shoebox on the middle tray, and there are some postcard box sets tucked into various gaps. The purple box at the bottom has various stamps and ink pads, and the metal book box on top of it is full of stickers. The washi tapes are on repurposed kitchen roll holders! Finally the stamps are in little clear drawers organised by denomination.

It needs a bit of reorganising really, but it’s very handy to have all our supplies easily accessible and visible like this, but also easy to roll out of the way when needed :smiling_face:

19 Likes

Will the cat let the washi taped be?
Only to see this looks so appealing to write cards :blush:

1 Like

Haha she’s actually very good and not too bothered about them! Occasionally she’ll knock one off the coffee table if we leave it near the edge, but otherwise she’s more than happy with her own basket of toys just off to the side in the photo

1 Like

I found this shelf/trolley at a second hand place and thought a will be perfect to store my postcards and also write on it but soon realized that the place for writing is to little so I decided to divide it like this
On the top I have dry flowers from my last birthday and a couple of empty boxes from postcard sets that still are questionable for what to use , the candle and matryoshka set is also from a second hand so I though the top looks complete like this
On the second shelf I keep my used stamps a box with letters and unique material postcards which are protected by my Pikachus and a bag that looks like an envelope ( again from a second hand store but I do consider using it for Postcrossing meet-ups but I don’t know if it will be suitable yet )
Them the only drawer you see I use for envelopes and paper to write letters ( mostly was a set with envelope and the paper together but some times I like to mix them together )
Then I have postcards that I send ( the swap ones have been moved but they don’t have a space yet so they are siting on the chair next to this shelf/trolley
And on the bottom I have all my received postcards with some extra boxes from postcard sets that I wonder what I can do with them at the moment
Everything else like stamps , washi tapes … is stored somewhere else since I also journal

12 Likes

That one looks awesome! :heart_eyes: Do you remember where you bought it? I am looking through Amazon and ebay now to see if I can find something similar. I need something that takes up less space than how I currently store my stamps :point_down:

2 Likes

i got it from an etsy seller! you can find tons by searching for budget binders. BUT i will say i’ve moved away from this tiny one and actually went with an a6 size with zipper pouches that i found on amazon. if you do a search for ‘a6 pvc binder’ and then ‘a6 binder inserts’ you’ll find different styles. i liked this size better now that i’ve gotten more involved with postcrossing and on the forum because it’s much easier to get things out of the bigger zipper sleeves than the smaller one. but i’m keeping the smaller one for traveling, if i want to bring something but not all the things!

also those a6 binders and pouches are REALLY good for storing lose stickers. i have 2 full of stickers and 1 full of stamps.

2 Likes

Where do you get these?

I bought mine from another Postcrosser :slight_smile:
but it’s “kobra”, I think like this:

It’s good for the cards I bought, because Finnish standard size cards fit there well. But not for all my received, as I get many sized cards, and I don’t want too many cards come out from the pocket.

I have this rack with all my decorative small things :

From up to down :

1. my washitapes collection

2. my stickers collection

3. another kind of stickers, strass, decorative clothespins

4. stamps, decorative hole punches

Box 3&4 I haven’t been using very often lately.

And this is my cards’ box to sending. I have to find another system to stock it because very soon it will be full :

8 Likes

I do the same :grinning: and yeah so practical

1 Like