How do you organise your postcrossing things?

I like that a lot!!

I place all of my stamps into a plastic folder

Each denomination is put into a separate bag for ease of access

2 Likes

ordered from Amazon, and I love them
I even bought filler sleeves at Hobby Lobby so I could add more cards to each case

3 Likes

As a Libra, you would think I’d be very organized, but no … cards are in three places: countertop, drawer, and tabletop, stamps are on countertop in two plastic bags, a large envelope, and a folder (also stamps for future use in a drawer), my one roll of washi tape, sellotape (scotch tape), and glue stick are in yet another drawer.

Organized chaos, but I know where everything is when I need to send a card.

5 Likes

I’m a Libra too! Same problem but I have great intentions of organizing everything!

3 Likes

I have one as well. These are so handy and compact! It’s sorted into:

• Permanent (Canadian domestic) stamps ($0.92). This is my biggest category, since 3 “P” stamps = 1 international stamp in value. Because these stamps are by far the most varied and interesting ones available here, I usually use them on international postcards as well as those travelling within Canada.
  • Stamps to the USA ($1.30). This is its own denomination and category here.
  • Stamps to all other International destinations ($2.71). This is for when I have too little space on a card to put 3 “P” stamps.
  • Oddball postage stamps. These include small-denomination stamps, prior-year denominations, unused stamps I removed before sending (and will need glue to stick), etc.
  • Airmail/Par Avion stickers. (They’re not required, but they’re cheerful, and I may use them if I have a lot of extra space.)
  • Pre-printed return address labels, for those rare occasions when they’re needed.
  • Postcrossing sticker sheets (the kind you write your ID number on).
  • Miscellaneous small sticker sheets.

I find my extra slots fill up fast!

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I’m a freaking Libra too

So I just found out about this beautiful piece of furniture. Insanely unaffordable for most people I’m assuming i think around $2700 but what a dream it would be to have such a thing. I want this so bad, It’s called the Dream Box

(Not mine)

18 Likes

i recently got this tiny binder with zipper sleeves for holding my stamps and it works so well for me and i want to share!

it’s super compact and keeps everything nice and organized and it’s easy to take on the go too. i got it from an etsy shop and it’s technically meant for budgeting, but i think it works perfectly for holding stamps too!

23 Likes

Well mine is nothing fancy.

I have a big Ziploc bag I keep unused postcards in ontop of my hutch at my computer desk.

I keep my postage stamps, as well as recieved direct swap cards, tea bags and other cool items I’ve been sent in a plastic container at the other end of the house for my pure inconvenience.

As far as recieved postcards one of three things happens…
Ones I really like get organized into a binder or photo album I have.
Ones from Asia I recieve that show culture and cuisine I save up and give to a friends daughter because she wishes to travel to Japan and elsewhere after high school.

And I know some people may not like this but some postcards I just don’t keep, I’ll cut stamps off them if they are interesting but thats it.

I hope everyone is okay with that because I’m just being honest.

7 Likes

bought these to store my washi tapes and stamps. Need to buy 3 more for my stamps. I sorted the stamps according to their face value.

14 Likes

I got this drawer unit (named “Alex”) from IKEA about 3 months ago and store most of my postcarding hobby things in it:

In the top drawer are my loose stamps, return address labels, label printer, pens, and stamp glue:

2nd drawer is washi and glue stick:

The bottom 3 drawers are cards by category:

28 Likes

I’ve been a postcrosser for a few years. My received postcards from postcrossers and family/friends are in every room of my house! I have 1 very large plastic container for storing them when I clean up and put them away. It is not organized. My blank postcards are kept in a very large plastic shoebox with no lid. These postcards are better organized by similar pictures. I have a 3 inch, 3 ring binder with plastic envelope pages that hold my stamps and stickers only for postcards. Larger stickers and washi tape are stored in separate plastic containers. I enjoy reading about everyone’s organizing skills and seeing their pictures.

2 Likes

This is my current set up to hold all my supplies. I grew out of my first wooden box very quickly.

The cart is Ikea NISSAFORS. My kid printed these Postcard holders and then I organized by subject. The middle shelf holds my received postcards, stamps and art supplies. The bottom shelf holds washi tapes and rubber stamps.

7 Likes

Very impressive, I love how organised you are :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: have you tried blasting the sticker on the Washi tape storage box with a blow dryer/hairdryer? :crossed_fingers:t2: it should then peel off easily
X

2 Likes

I came specifically for this topic!!! I am trying to keep my sending situation organised & was looking for inspo. I have ADHD so I very much need to keep things in order or I get overwhelmed & give up so I took a little inspo from these pics (you are all so talented!) & got a card index box & divided it up:

• Domestic Stamps (including Xmas stamps)
  • Zone 1 stamps
  • Zone 2 stamps
  • Zone 3 stamps
  • Zone 4 stamps
  • Zone 5 stamps
  • Fauna Postcards
  • Place Postcards
  • Map Postcards
  • Vintage Postcards
  • Flora Postcards
  • Miscellaneous

This should keep me a bit organised until I grow out of it & need to find a larger solution but for now it suits me! I keep it on the coffee table in my living room.

2 Likes

I keep my unsent cards in an old cardboard box, sorted into topics.
I am aware that t’s looking really ratty after a few years of rummaging action.
But - truth is always best…

20 Likes

I have to make new dividers for my postcard box, as my current ones (made of cardboard) are looking very rough indeed.
Does anyone have suggestions for how to make more durable dividers from some commonly available material? Because I am also cheap :wink:

2 Likes

You can make them out of cheap placemats, I do not if you know this you can place them under your plate when you eat. Or you can use paper and laminate those.

4 Likes

As you can see, @doryfera I too am thrifty and so
I made dividers out of recycling cardboard…
They do function!

Maybe this will inspire me to make fresh new ones?
:innocent:

2 Likes