How are you celebrating World Postcard Day? Share your pictures and experiences

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Happy World Postcard Day from Oz!
Yay.

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

I’ve gotta go do parkrun first :running_woman:t2:

But then I’ll be back to write postcards! :love_letter:

I did get some pretty stamps out yesterday in preparation.

18 Likes

Here is not yet October 1, but to those I “fish” I will only send postcards W.P.D. :wink:

2 Likes

My first WPD, and starting getting some ready to drop in the mailbox to go out tomorrow :grin:

12 Likes

Happy world postcard day from Japan :tada:
It’s 5:30 in the morning here.

I draw some and find:

I wonder if it’s really count as world postcard day‘s postcard…

5 Likes

Yes it will Kei! It counts in both your local time and in UTC time. So given it’s 1st October in Japan…your cards drawn today will count for the WPD badge. :+1:t2:

1 Like

@meiadeleite also confirmed it in this post in another topic:

2 Likes

Thank you very much, Sam!!!
Some people here tried to draw earlier to avoid world wide “rush hour” and became anxious to find this.
I’m so relieved now :blush:

2 Likes

I can also confirm it works this way from first hand experience. I drew my one available address last year on 1st October in Australia…but in my stats it says I drew it on 30th September. I still received the WPD badge as soon as that card was registered. I’m lucky it didn’t get lost!! I was only a newbie of less than a month’s membership. So I didn’t know to save some addresses back then.

Have a wonderful WPD Kei! I’ve drawn two addresses this morning (1st here, 30th UTC) and I received addresses in Australia and Japan! I’m so excited. I won’t have to wait for weeks and weeks and weeks for my cards to arrive! :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Wow :heart_eyes: You’ll be the first person in the world to receive this year’s badge :heart::heart::heart:

And thank you too for your last year’s “experiment” :grin: I was worried even if I knew it as knowledge, so I’m really relieved to read your quick and wonderful reply. Thank you very much indeed :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I wish!!! :heart_eyes:

But unfortunately, our postal system will most likely still take 5 days for the card to go from Canberra to South Australia! Possibly more! And it’s a public holiday in Canberra on Monday…so the card won’t move anywhere at all until Tuesday. Whereas people in Germany seem to be able to receive cards in just one day!!!

It’s so nice to see people joining the celebrations as the day slowly dawns across the different timezones! :heart_eyes: Makes me a little sad that I still have to go to bed… but happy World Postcard Day to everyone on that side of the world! :tada:

14 Likes

Wishing you sweet dreams about your postcardiest day of the year @meiadeleite! :sleeping::love_letter::partying_face:

2 Likes

Not in this case … it’s a public holiday in Germany on Monday, too :laughing:

I’m still busy preparing cards to friends and it starts to look a bit chaotic here :rofl:

4 Likes

I just drew an address at 0:01 my time on October 1st, but it shows up as being sent on September 30th - so I don‘t know whether it will count! I guess I‘ll draw more cards when I wake up tomorrow :wink: anyway, happy world postcard day to all of you! :slight_smile: I am somehow always hyped for it!

4 Likes

Happy World Postcard Day from Austria!:partying_face::partying_face: It‘s midnight and I‘m ready to get adresses! I saved two slots for today and I hope I won’t get two profiles who absolutely don’t want my Papersisters WPD cards :joy:

4 Likes

Don’t worry — if the address was requested when it was October 1st in your timezone, it’ll count! :slight_smile: The website always shows times in UTC, hence the discrepancy.

6 Likes

I’d write something like “I am sorry, but there are no real view cards available here in my town/city/village” and send some generic card from Indiana, perhaps with the state name in big letters on it.
The addressee might be a bit disappointed, but that is due to her expectations, not fue to you.
The addressee will come over it and tomorrow you will pull a more pleasant profile and you’ll have some nice cards in your mailbox! :grinning:

5 Likes

Waiting for it to be October 1 to draw the addresses :smiley: The postcards are ready and waiting to be written.

25 Likes

It’s finally my turn! Happy World Postcard Day from England! Time for me to draw my addresses :confetti_ball::postbox::love_letter:

8 Likes

I am hosting my very first Postcrossing meetup in my city and doing a generous giveaway for the attendees tomorrow :grinning: at the venue!

Happy World Postcard Day to everyone!

35 Likes