3 Likes

I’m watching the pot boil waiting for 200. I now have a whole 12 slots lol
One day sigh…

2 Likes

I am going to my first meetup in London on WPD Saturday
Would you like me to send a card from there ? Just message your address

2 Likes

It’s a tad frustrating right? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I have at least surpassed 100 sent now and I’m sitting on a very grand 11 slots…only four of which are currently vacant. But that’s enough.

Thank you so much for your very generous WPD meetup offer :heart:. I would LOVE that! While I don’t have any WPD specific cards to send back…I’d love to send you something based on your profile! :blush:

I’ll message you now.

2 Likes

Yep! When I was at tvat point, I thought it takes forever to get the next slot! But at some point things went faster…

2 Likes

Forever and ever and ever!

It does not help that I’m watching it every day. Has a card been registered this morning? No? :smirk: Maybe tomorrow! :grimacing::crossed_fingers:t2:

I will take heart from your observation Ralf, that things will start to move more quickly…one day. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

And one fine day, mail to, from and within Oz will be back to normal again…

1 Like

Lol…maaaaaaaybeeeeeeeeeee! :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

If anyone here is on Habitica (the gamified to-do list app), @glitter_ created a World Postcard Day-themed challenge there! You can join the challenge here:

2 Likes

It’s already World Postcard Day in New Zealand! :tada: Hurray!

I saw on Instagram that some postcrossers there are already celebrating and writing their first postcards. :relaxed:

24 Likes

4 hour and 22 minutes left in Indonesia
I will request the address very soon but I will only write the postcard tomorrow morning since I don’t print the cards this year but I will obtain them for free tomorrow from post office :smiley:

4 Likes

I have saved about 6 slots.
I decided I could go ahead and select a few addresses now to decorate and prepare the cards so they will have an Oct 1 postmark. I figure, as long as I request an address tomorrow, I’ll still get the badge.

So, I just requested an address to start on today and I find her profile discouraging.

“Hi! My name is ______ and I would like to receive viewcards from all the world. Could you help me? I will send you postcards from my country. No animals, flowers, drawings, ad, free or hand made cards, please! Thank you! _____
P.S.: PLEASE, ONLY VIEWCARD! THANK YOU VERY MUCH”

I guess I will just send this one out today, no sense in waiting and I’ll try to pick out one that will please her. :cry:
For me, these are the worst profiles lol. I have cards from my state but none are viewcards.

3 Likes

O have stamps and cards

The stamps where created with ai dalle2

And the cards are the oficial ones I only have 6 slots left so way to many cards left over

9 Likes

Hello all, I have recently become active with postcrossing again and love the idea of World Postcard Day! I’ve taken part the last 2 years and plan to again. I sent out 10 cards on 1 September and so far 9 have been registered, I’ve been inactive mode for awhile waiting for 1 October. Later today I will switch to active to put some addresses into the system and hopefully receive World Postcard day themed cards!

5 Likes

Just a quick question, I could not find an answer using the search bar: Should we or should we better not activate repeated countries to help postcrossing balance the adresses for WPD?

I think I have read something about it last year, but I cannot remember now.

I think this type profiles could be reported.
It’s not nice saying no to so many normal type cards. I understand a phobia etc. but not like this, asking only one type to sent.

4 Likes

It’s time
Happy world postcard day from Indonesia

10 Likes

Repeated is always better, as the algorithm doesn’t have to run around in circles to try to find addresses in other countries… but the difference is small, so it’s really up to you. :slight_smile: Thank you for being thoughtful though — we appreciate it!

6 Likes

For me this is the second #WPD. :wink:

This year I ordered the postcards from the official design on VistaPrint in good time.
Unfortunately in Italy the mail on Sat. doesn’t start anymore, so I started mailing this morning.
These were the first three ( or rather, the back of the first three :wink: ). Then I’ll save some for tomorrow, even though they will then leave Mon. 03

2 Likes

i did this cards in canva for the WPD, i hope print in my house for to send tomorrow

14 Likes