Harenberg calender postcards - yes or no?

So you guys have no postcard calendars at all? :open_mouth:

I have never seen them here at all, despite pop-up calendar shops this time of year with 100s of choices. There is a Victoriana calendar that always throws in a few for free

2 Likes

Wow! Itā€™s my first time seeing these. They are absolutely gorgeousā€¦
I personally only send related views but if I ever bought any Iā€™d definitely trade them/use them unofficially

1 Like

Today I received an envelope full of Harenberg cards from @EvchenE. They are beautiful. I am surprise many people donā€™t like them :slight_smile:

There also is a recent one themed Canada. Itā€™s available in all German bookstores - but the postage will be high (on hugendubel.de it would be 15ā‚¬) and you have to be prepared to pay tax before being able to collect it anywhere.

Sorry, I donā€™t like to receive these cards, even donā€™t scan and upload them. Of course I donā€™t say anything about it to the senders. It is even difficult to explain the reason. I can mention the uneven edge and often the ā€œwrongā€ country. Please please my unknown future senders choose something else if you happen to have.

Reverse conclusion: So, if the edges are smoothed and the card is from the senderā€™s own country it will be ok?

No, I just donā€™t like them at all. These were only some ideas about the reasons. I thought about adding ā€œwouldā€™t like themā€ to my profile but finished without it. I noticed some people send only this type of cards and it would be not fun for them to read it in a drawn profile. Luckily I receive others types of postcards too.

Today I received a beautiful Harenburg owl. It was affordable for the sender and perfect for my profile.

My two most favorited sent cards are from a 2008 calendar of doors Door 1, Door 2. Iā€™ve been searching for postcard calendars ever since. I trimmed the rough edges off. I havenā€™t seen a Harenberg postcard but if it had a nice message on the back I am sure I would like it.

Received beautiful Harenberg card today

1 Like

And the ā€œHinterseeā€ is a nice spot. I spent a lot of time there when I was a child.

Good to know most people like them! I have two calendars, so can safely send the images then!
Perha

Filing is a great idea @_Hawkwind_ ! I will try that too.

@LadyQQQ perhaps you can mention it in your profile: for German postcrossersā€¦

I only send out postcards from my city or a city Iā€™m currently visiting so I wouldnā€™t send out any Harenberg calendar cards. I also prefer to receive cards from places that the sender has visited. But other than that I wouldnā€™t mind receiving Harenberg postcards, maybe the sender has visited all those places!

All the ones in this topic so far look beautiful. I woulā€™t not mind receiving them at all.

I wouldnā€™t say they are good quality.
Rather, below average quality. They are thinner, sometimes I see the handwriting from the other side (but this happens with other thin cards too). The images are often lovely, but the print quality is a little weird, like some consist of dots, like old newspaper images, or have minimal tiny white dots. I donā€™t know how to describe it. I didnā€™t know they are from a calendar, I thought they were from old postcard books, or from a magazine, like from 1980ā€™s.

But of course, as they are almost free, they are handy for the sender, and the message part is a little bigger than normal, so if someone likes to write more, itā€™s good. If there were a calendar with postcards of my hometown such cheaply, I would probably buy it. Postcards from Oulu are not good quality either, even though some of them are thicker.

But, if I would order them by looking the images from my screen, I would be disappointed to the true quality when Iā€™d get them. That is one of the reasons why I prefer to shop in person.

For me the size is ok and I donā€™t mind the tear edge.
Also, I like the idea that when the week is over, I would send that card :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing examples of those calendar cards - I donā€™t think that Iā€™ve received any of cards from Harenberg calendars, but I am a fan of the idea of the card calendars - twice I was in Bavaria, and both times I brought home calendars for the next year where each page contained a calendar part and a postcard but there were only 12 cards per calendar - and I am not sure that I am ready to cut out those cards and send them)

I donā€™t mind receiving cards from calendars as long as they show the senderā€™s country. But I hate, when someone sends me such a card and writes " Iā€™ve just visitedā€¦ and picked this card for you". One should always stay honest.

1 Like

Ah, who knows who is honest and who not? I got a calendar card from someone who said oh, I am sending you this card of such and so a place. I visited there myself once and blah blah blah. Maybe they did, maybe they didnā€™t but I donā€™t really care, I think it is nice that they tried to say something that would resonate with me and leave it at that.

I could send you cards showing bits and pieces of Helsinki, Oslo, Stockholm, Lisbon, Porto and I could tell you something about those bits and pieces bacause I was there and saw them. If you think that Iā€™m lying and a show-off than go for it.