German Postcrossing stamp launch meetup! (October 7th, Berlin)

Just a quick note to remind everyone that is getting a little antsy about postcards that there will be a special postcard printed with the image of the stamp. :slight_smile: We just can’t share it yet, because the stamp image can only be made public a few weeks before the launch.

15 Likes

Can we order and get the Meeting cards before the Meeting to prepare the cards or do we get them at the Meeting? How does it work?

Can I be moved from the ‘maybe’ list to the list with participants?

3 Likes

If there’s a meetup card - any chance to have it as DIN Lang? - 21 x 9,9 cm or 8.2 x 3.8 in
there have to fit a few hundred stamps on it I guess, which is way better having more space in a panoramic sized postcard.

I’d buy about 50 of them. Ideally 3-4 weeks before with addresses in my tinyest handwriting.

1 Like

@paradonym feel free to design a meeting card in your desired size :joy:

2 Likes

So far there is “only” about 110 participants, and I doubt you will manage to get all of them to sign / stamp your 46 postcards… I honestly cannot imagine how the hunt for signatures will take place in the museum…

3 Likes

There will be an official one with the stamp image. I think nobody else can work with that image without approval of the german post offices…
I’d rather stick to official ones…

I will not be able to attend. Please take me off the list again. Thank you!
To all others I wish a lot of fun, a great time and lots of postcards!

2 Likes

What a pity!

1 Like

I also did a meetup card

This matches the maximum allowance of 9.25 x 4.92 inches - 23.5x12.5 cm)… and only includes “no attribution required” pixabay images…

5 Likes

Like to get a few…! How to…?
Beate

@paradonym I am really astonished - didn´t you want to wait for the official card :joy:

I don´t want to be too picky, but the Reichstag building does not accomodate the government, but the German parliament :wink:

1 Like

quite nice. But I do not like that the pictures are not in one line at the bottom but one is higher… and I would also move a bit the background image so the TV tower is not so near at the Postcrossing logo. and I agree to Antjelino

2 Likes

okay, you both got me - seems I have to cut some images into the right aspect ratio for it.

To be honest, that card was like a 30 minute thing I quickly did

1 Like

Send me a direct message, I send you the one thats going through print beforehand…

How to… ?

For card orders of my unofficial cards go to this post.

2 Likes

Train and hotel are booked!

5 Likes

Yes, but that’d be just an additional card.
I may send 50 official cards through postcrossing on the meetup day, but take like 400-500 cards to the meetup for people to stamp their rubber stamps on.
I bet that’ll be a bit too much to buy for official cards, I don’t want take cards others would use…

Germany as the top sending Postcrossing country has a reason :smiley:

I warn you in advance: I will not sign / stamp 400-500 cards of yours. :crazy_face:

12 Likes