German Postcrossing stamp launch meetup! (October 7th, Berlin)

We are more than a hundred participants. Nobody expects anybody to sign all of those cards. I think that would be a teeny tiny bit excessive, especially since it is only two hours.
I warn you now that I might not sign any cards, depending on my mood. :blush:

8 Likes

UPDATE: there is also this one made- only with Berlin images! Private message please :smiley:

8 Likes

I did a reprint of:

please wait until further notice here. This time I’d like to wait until they arrive before selling it :smiley: The card prints from above are on its way to me… Expect delivery to start at the weekend after 2022-08-12

Is there any further interest in this card?

And if yes, how many would you like to order?

1 Like

Either my math is wrong, or I see four hours there…
If I convert that to 24h format, it’d be 12:30-16:30…

(I’m also confused by the AM/PM switch each day… as someone always living in 24h formats. - especially with 0 → 24 and 12 → 12…)

2 Likes

Haha, you are right! It is my math that was wrong. :crazy_face:

second round - taking orders for these cards:

maximum postcard size allowance of Germany. Stampable with 70 ct for local or 95 ct for international (the new stamp about to be released).
Almost blank backside of the cards for rubber stamps to be stamped on the back. (just :postcrossing: logo trademark notice and image credits where necessary)…

stock: 50

stock: SOLD OUT

stock: 5

PRICE STAYS AT 0,60 € per card
Send me a direct message for that - please change the subject of that message then.

I’ll update this thread with the stock left if there are paid orders.

You can buy whole stock - please remember that first paid order wins. I’ll notify you if your wish can be done before you have to pay or instantly refund you if your cards can’t be sent because of earlier paid cards.

I had to change shipping a bit:
inside Germany:
up to 50 cards - 1,60 €
above - 2,90 €

outside of Germany:
international:
up to 50: €3,70
above: 7 €

back side examples:

2 Likes

Is it too late to sign up to join?

No, you’re in the list of participants already.

Unfortunately I can’t come to Berlin, so please take me off the list

I’m sorry but I have to cancel my participation :woozy_face:
Wishing all of you a lot of fun in Berlin.

A short update about the meetup cards with the image of the stamp, and meetup cards in general:

For those who would like to order meetup cards with the image of the stamp, you can do so by sending a private message to @kroete68, letting her know how many you’d like. The final price will depend on the number of cards we’ll have to order, but will not be more than €0.30 per postcard. She will calculate the final price with shipping, and reply back so that you can pay. The design of the postcard will be revealed soon, and all postcards will be mailed out to you during September.

In order to give everyone time to be social and enjoy the museum, the number of postcards each participant can pass around to sign will be limited to 20. Each person will receive an envelope where they will put their name and postcards. Even with this limit, please don’t expect your postcards to be signed by everyone there, as that would be an impossible task for the limited time available… You can still send other postcards of course (and Deutsche Post will be there to put the special cancellation marks on them) — just not signed by meetup attendants.

I hope everyone understands. Let’s make it a priority to have a good time together, and not stress about signatures! :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Thank you @kroete68 for helping organizing! :heart_hands:
The limitation is a great idea! It also will release some pressure and worries from some people.
I love that you promise on the placeholder postcard it’s a really cute stamp! :smiley: :two_hearts:
We caaaaaaaaan’t wait!! :partying_face:
Thank you very much for all the work you’re doing right now for that huge event (also behind the scene)! You are awesome.
:postcrossing:

8 Likes

You can cross me off the maybe list, I will be able to be in Berlin and attend the meeting :partying_face: can’t wait

5 Likes

Maybe some guys are ready for doing stamping rounds (rubber stamp) before the official meeting? I could ask in my hotel if it’s okay in their lobby.
I’m sure they could fit like 20-30 peope for this without necessarily having to rent their meeting room.
Would then rather be a lounge area, not like a coffee bar or so… But they should also have drinks and coffee there…

So that the cards aside of the 20 on the official meeting can be done beforehand in a smaller round?

4 Likes

That’s a great idea, I would love to join! Maybe we can already meet at the museum.

I’m sure they’ll have dedicated socializing and “working” (rubber stamping) areas :smiley: - maybe.
Potsdamer platz isn’t far away from the museum though… Would be near Potsdamer Platz…

1 Like

would be arount too if you will do so ^^

Okay, maybe I’ll give my hotel a call for my first self organized meetup.

May be on the 7th though… Deutsche Bahn a day before says everything :grin:

I’m afraid I won’t make it to this meeting. :frowning:
I hope you will all have a lot of fun… and that someone will send me the special meeting card with Germany’s new Postcrossing stamp! :smiley:
See you next time! :wave:

1 Like

Hi Michele,

just send me your address in a direct message and I am happy to send you a card from the meetup! :slight_smile:

2 Likes