German Postcrossing stamp launch meetup! (October 7th, Berlin)

@paradonym :

Yes, there will be a special meetup card. But it is not ready now.

2 Likes

Hello! can you add me on the list :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m late to the party (as always :rofl:), but I’d also like to come to the meetup.

I will be there! (whoop-whoop!)

I prepared as well some specific “Berlin Cards” - please contact me if you are interested :smiley:

For sure it will be a great experience to be such a big number of postcrossers in same place :wink:

3 Likes

I‘d love to join - access limitation permitting :kissing_heart: :email:

1 Like

Could you please show your card (and if you know it: the price) in this topic? Thanks!

2 Likes

Here it is the postcard: The stamp launch officially will be on 6 October, and the meeting will be on 7 October - so I put both dates :smiley:

I relaly don’t want to carry (other) cards at the meeting - so who wants, please contact me before.

10 Likes

Hi,

the TV-Tower on the left side ist normally round on top. This pic is taken on festival of light?

I love the pic of the museum :slight_smile:

Where is the pic middle on the right side? Frankfurt?
On the Reichstag the “Kuppel” is missing… May you can adjust the pic?

I really want such a beautiful card - but I am a “Monk” :wink:

Please don’t use my pic, wich shows the TV Tower minutes ago. Its just to tell you what I mean…

(and sorry for my worst english…)

2 Likes

That’s not the Berlin TV tower, looks to me like the Rhine Tower in Düsseldorf :relaxed:

3 Likes

It is the Rhine Tower in Düsseldorf, look at this foto:

2 Likes

Yes :smile: and I thought the same about the TV Tower, looks like Düsseldorf

2 Likes

@AnKaBeGu but there is the dome (“Kuppel”) :sweat_smile:

Oh…. Ok… :grinning: my fault. Sorry

1 Like

But not completely….

I‘ve met Norman Foster several times during the construction time. He ever wanted pictures with the whole building or just the whole Kuppel…This is his „Baby“ :grinning:

@AnKaBeGu well, the card has some deficits :wink: it gives the impression that all these pictures would show Berlin and that’s not the case…

1 Like

To conclude somehow: In Berlin is the launch of the postcrossing stamp, but the stamp is valid for all Germany (the flag is there :wink: ). The pics were choosen (quite carefully, I can say) with a friend from Berlin. Indeed the tower looks like Dusseldorf one, I can not argue with that. It was chosen from a pic database with Berlin TV Tower name. Now… don’t shoot the messenger :slight_smile:
I have a good friend who always says: “I am doing “nothing”, in order to not make it wrong” …

2 Likes

Thank you for your explanations. But then it is unfortunate to write Berlin so prominent on the card and then select 4 pictures from Berlin and only 2 from other cities. Basically, I think the card is really nice - but unfortunately it doesn’t convince me personally that I want to have it.

I hope you don’t feel offended by me - that’s not my intention.
see you in Berlin :wink:

3 Likes

Absolute I don’t feel anyhow, but sorry. I will try to fix that :slight_smile: somehow, I will come with news when they will be :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Or maybe the solution is to create two cards, a “Berlin” one and a “Germany” one. Then people can choose what they want to emphasize. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Good idea - If the card is used as it is (as the pictures are nice) I would write
(flag) Germany - and then “Postcrossing stamp launch, Berlin 6. - 7. October 22”

4 Likes