General Meetup Discussions

@suyogg As a basic member (Trust Level 1) you can edit your posts only for a very short time.
You can read here :arrow_right: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels about the Trust Levels and what you should do to become a Member /Trust Level 2. It seems that you become a member, if you visit the forum 3 more days and if you answer to one or two other topics.

But I can help you in the meantime. Please send me via PM what you would like to change and I do it for you. Or wait 3 days, if it is not urgent.

Edit:I just saw that you already asked mundoo for help. Since she takes care of the MeetUps, it’s better if she helps you.

Thanks Stevyy ! Nice to have some ideas, I hope other postcrossers could add more activities to make a big list :slight_smile:

1 Like

So after attending a meeting earlier this year, I used PostCrossing’s excellent threads to set up a meeting and get a card made. The meet is only 20 days from now (Ocean Springs MS) but I recall folks in the Houston meet using stamps to sign their cards…

Where/how did you get your stamp made?

2 Likes

I did that. I set a quorum of 4 and a limit of 10, so that it will be a more intimate group and so as to not overwhelm the coffee shop that agreed to let me host it there. It’s also my first time organizing one and I wanted to keep it simple.

1 Like

I got my first stamp at a local shop selling ink cartridges. They also create stamps, mostly for business use.
I lost that stamp in Portugal at the end of a meeting with postcrossers on my birthday. :pensive:
Afterwards I created a similar design online at VistaPrint.fr and had two stamps sent to me for the price of my first one. :relaxed:

We have several Topics where we talk about stamps.
Maybe you take a look at it :arrow_right:

1 Like

I’m attending my first meet-up next week and I see that several people have requested large numbers of cards, is that something I should do?

That’s up to you! Do you want to send many meetup cards? Do you want to pay for a large amount of cards? If no, don’t do it! If yes, that’s OK.

The focus should be on being social, so everyone should try to limit the amount of cards they ask others to sign during the meetup, though.

2 Likes

I posted a new meetup earlier today and it still appears greyed out on my screen and does not appear in the list of meetups. I’m not sure if I did something wrong or if it’s just in need of approval by a mod. How long does it usually take for a new posting to be approved, assuming I filled everything out correctly?

If you posted in #meetups:usa the thread should appear right away when you posted it.
it will be manually added to the meetup list on the main page though, after the thread has been checked and all relevant information is listed.

I did post it in the US thread. It’s on Oct. 15th. It looks like this on my screen and I can’t tell if it’s visible to others.

I do see it. I might have overlooked it earlier today.
Is probably grey because you’ve read the thread.

1 Like

Correct

Every meeting is checked for complete information and then is added to the Postcrossing calendar by me.

I do this as often as my time allows.

Your meeting is now on the Postcrossing calendar. Have a great meeting.

Vicki
Postcrossing Team

1 Like

Who should pay for the cost(like the postcards printing fee) if I arrange a meet-up? should the participant share the cost or i should pay for the total cost?

Here in Norway, its common to share the cost of printing postcards. We divide the cost of printing on the number of ordered postcards. Then we pay according to the number of cards we want. But as mentioned above, some other hosts bear the cost of printing themselves. I think it’s most fair to share the cost of the cards and other activities which cost money.

1 Like

For German meetups it’s most common to do it as @Norway_girl described it.

The designer(s) of the card(s) shows it and tells the cost per card. Everyone may order the wished amount. Then it gets printed according to the total. Most often people pay beforehand + shipping costs to them, as they want to get the card before the meetup to prepare everything.

Thanks

Thank you

I am unable to edit my main post for our meetup in October, so I put the full information down in the comments. Is there anyone who is able to edit my original post, and add the meetup information from my comment into it? With this being asked, how often are posts reviewed to be added into the meetup list? I think since I can’t edit the original post and had to put the information for the meetup in the comments its being overlooked? Sorry for so many questions! :hugs: