Forum update (Discourse 3.0)

Yes, I can add one in the emoji field, but not a second one

It looks great now. Thanks :blush:

On a (Windows) PC you can enter an emoji to the text field using WIN + .

I guess, it doesnā€™t work on mobile then?

On mobile devices you should be able to enter it with your mobile keyboard as you already wrote.

Both solutions are not native to the forum software though, just workarounds.

1 Like

Yes, I tried to write the emojis like I usually do, like : smiley : , which doesnā€™t work.

Thanks for explaining :slight_smile:

I see a smiley emoji in your status text fieldā€¦when I click on your little postcard emoji.

I added it via mobile keyboard, but first I tried to write it into the textfield :slight_smile:

1 Like

My image galleries are not playing well with the system update.

The slideshow gallery has random pictures scattered outside the slideshow, and rows of dots that can be clicked on to show more pictures:

And the grid gallery has a strange line of what seem to be cut-off images on the right side:

1 Like

Hmmmm I just looked at the slideshow image gallery I manage (in a bingo I host) and itā€™s also gone wonky.

The side scrolling arrows now fall underneath the image block and then thereā€™s a big space with a blue dot in itā€¦that when you click, the images scroll up above, and the dot bounces down through the vacant space. Iā€™m looking at it on an iPhone.

Very odd.

This is the post where itā€™s happening:
https://community.postcrossing.com/t/bingo-for-new-members-2021/217933/5?u=tinkatutu

1 Like

Oh, thatā€™s strange.

I looked to my Android phone and the post you mentioned looks like that

And the grid gallery of one of my RRs looks like this on the phone

And when I clicked on the date of the above post to copy the link to it, I got the following message:

I know it means that trust_level_0 users cannot see this, but it gives the impression that it is only visible to trust_level_1 users and not for trust_level_0+2+3+4

There seems to be issues with galleries ā€” this is not native to Discourse as they are third-party plugins. Iā€™ll try to report this to see if it can be addressed, but I need a few more samples to try to understand the pattern, specially because itā€™s two separate issues: one with the image gallery plugin and another with the grid gallery one.

Can you post the link to it so I take a look at that one too?

Yeah, that is a bit confusing. Will report it to Discourse to see if they can make the message less confusing.

Technically the permissions on that category are only set for TL1 and all the above trust levels get the same permissions automatically, so the message is misleading.

I can set the permissions explicitly to TL1-TL4, but then that message will list them all, which I guess is correct, but also confusing.

@Bille Do you remember what it showed before the update to 3.0?

If I remember right there was no message at all.
And the infobox with the link was much smaller than now.

Edit:
Thinking about it, itā€™s also possible that this info has always been there and I just never clicked on the date in a post in a locked topic. :thinking:

Here are the links to the slideshow and grid galleries in the RAS round robin.

1 Like

I have reported this to Discourse but I donā€™t know if they will make any changes about.

Their logic here is that, technically, any TL2-4 is always within the trust_level_1 group. In other words, everyone of a particular trust level is always part of the group with that trust level name and all below it.

So, technically it is correct, but bound to needlessly confuse some so I hope they tweak it.

Still not sure what is causing it and my only guess is that itā€™s related with some changes in Discourse 3.0.

I have reported the issue to the plugins author (itā€™s the same person).

2 Likes

Idk if it is related to this update but this started occurring pretty recently so I thought Iā€™m gonna mention it here. Some of my bookmarked topics donā€™t show up in the bookmarks tab. Iā€™ve checked, theyā€™re still bookmarked. After removing them from bookmarks and adding again, they are there but some other seem to disappear in place of the new ones showing up.

1 Like

I think I added an emoji successfully :potato:

1 Like

Me too. I just checked and some of my bookmarked topics disappeared. I didnā€™t do anything to them lately.

P.S.: Thank you for the update. Looking forward to the new categories/tags menu and notification menu to be activated as well.