Forum update (Discourse 3.0)

I made a change that should fix this in mobile. Can you check?

2 Likes

The first time I saw it I also found it strange. But on a second look, it can make sense: I think most people will use the “never” option which doesn’t set any expiration date. And those that do, it’s likely for something related with expiration time, .e.g., studying for exams, went out for lunch, writing a couple of postcards, etc.

1 Like

So what’s WLAP? I know LLAP but I couldn’t find WLAP anywhere after an online search of acronyms or Star Trek terms.

FYI, I tried to set it 3 times through account preferences & it didn’t work. It only worked when I did it the 1st way you suggested.

You are absolutely right. Now you can just choose yourself.

I really like the extra spacing, and I see you’ve moved it to the left of the flag now too. I think it looks good there (a gradual increase in size from name, symbol, flag). Thank you!

2 Likes

Neat

I like the status emoji! It’s fun!

1 Like

@paulo I’ve noticed something else that I think has changed - not sure if this was supposed to happen?

When you click on a username, you see either a summary of information about the user or, if they have set their profile to private, you see a message saying so.

But, even for private profiles, you used to be able to see the user’s country. This is very useful information, given the postal restrictions still in place for lots of countries. But now, you see no info at all.

Or am I remembering wrong?

I do too @mobi! Enjoy your hockey!!

1 Like

Ooooh and I like that the status shows up in the tag above too!!

I just noticed that < del > < /del > doesn’t work as before.
It’s red highlighted, but with correction lines.
It’s confusing.
I wonder why?

1 Like

Write Long And Prosper :vulcan_salute:
(But it works to also say Writing Letters And Postcards). :smile:

6 Likes

Have a look! red is wrong
Ohh this one has an underline, should not!
…but this works correct!!!

I love the new features!! :heart_eyes: Thank you for this!!! :pray: It´s very funny and informative, too!! :+1:

But one of the new changes is a little unhappy:
If you click on your time next to a post, a big window pops up and locks the whole screen, and I always have to close it, to scroll down.
So far, only a small window with the exact time has opened, which you could leave without closing and continue to scroll.
I know it’s just a small thing, but in certain games etc. it’s very annoying, if you look through a lot of times in a row, always close every window.
On the laptop it is no problem, you can place the cursor on the time and only a little information pops up.
But on cellphone it is a “little bit creepy”. :laughing: :grimacing:

But I don’t want to complain, it’s just a small thing. Otherwise everything is really good!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

how do you see those status updates? i can only see the ones if profiles are not set on private. so for example i cannot see @alter3ch0 status.
is that just me?

I can see it like all the others. When you just click the emoji, not the user name, you can see it. :blush:

4 Likes

Not all have the feature activated. Look next to my picture and name the emoji!!!

1 Like

oh! i had no idea you could click the emoji. thank you!

4 Likes

How does ist work to put an emoji in the “What are you doing?” text field?

I found I can do it with my mobile keyboard, but it think there is also another way to use the forum emojis.

You’ll see one emoji there when you open the tool. If you click on that emoji, you’re able to choose another one.