First sent & received

My first one came from France.

Yes, afterwards I understood I joined in a busy period of the year, so I felt excited to have my first one! :smile:

2 Likes

That’s a very beautiful one!

1 Like

this is mine :smile:

then i sent her a thank you postcard that has been missent to thailand :rofl:

1 Like

From Turkey :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Came from USA.

1 Like

Mine came from Taiwan. At the time, I said in my profile that I like tea. I think this is an advertising postcard from a teashop. I was thrilled, and still like it.

2 Likes

Mine was from Japan, very interesting interactive map. :grinning:

1 Like

My first one came from where I live! (I wonder what those odds are…)

2 Likes

I received my first and still one several days ago, I was mega happy and happy now)
it is on my table and I look at it several times a day and smile)
this card came from Switzerland)
https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/CH-647411

2 Likes

I received my first postcard from Israel. That’s already 8 years ago…

1 Like

This is about the first postcard received :slightly_smiling_face: I made the title a bit more clear.

1 Like

This is the first postcard I have send but unfortunately it still didn’t arrive to it’s receiver :woman_shrugging:t2: What’s your first postcard you have sent?

14 Likes

I sent my first postcard when I was in elementary school to a children magazine.

As an adult I sent my first 3 postcards when I was in Japan 2 years ago: doraemon card, detective conan card and studio ghibli card. The ghibli one was never arrived until now.

And this is the first address I drew in Postcrossing. It became my 2nd arrived card.

2 Likes

When I was smol I still remember my first postcard. It was to a friend and it was a ‘Wish You Were Here’ kind of card! Lol

On Postcrossing I never took a picture of the one I sent :cry:
It was a fire truck from a local New York station tho.

2 Likes

I’m always taking a picture of the postcard I have send with it’s back.You can start taking now :innocent:

3 Likes

My first postcard what I’d send was to a penpal from me to her birthday when we were in our trainings. It must be in 2002 or 2003.

my first Postcrossing card what I’d sent was this one:

Sadly without a picture, but in this time I had not a good smartphone and my camera was an normal analogue :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This was apparently my first card sent for Postcrossing:

At the time, I had no idea how popular map cards were, it was just one of the things I found available in downtown Denver.

3 Likes

I can’t remember the first postcard I ever sent - I know as a kid I used to send postcards from my holidays to my grandparents and my best friend. But from where or when or to whom exactly I sent my very first card … no idea.

That was my very first postcrossing card. Crazy how low the ID was - now we’re approaching 8 digits. :smile:

2 Likes

This was my first, I went to the local post office in my lunch break and was happy to find they actually sold (tourist) postcards. And it arrived in just 2 days, as did my second one.

Looking back over my log, it’s interesting to see how quickly I switched to using cards from my small ‘non tourist’ stash that I had accumulated at random over the years. At first I was surprised that preferences said ‘no multiview’ and ‘no tourist card’ but on reflection it makes sense and I now understand how different people join PX for different reasons.

3 Likes

I am too lazy to picture the cards I send. Maybe if I buy special cards from a box series :thinking:

2 Likes