First sent & received

This was the very first PC card I sent:

2 Likes

my first one sent to Switzerland, a postcard showing the Switzerland Pavilion in EXPO 2010 Shanghai,at that time postcard traveled much faster!

4 Likes

This is my first ever sent Postcrossing card:

4 Likes

My first ever received was from Germany with The Bremen Town Musicians :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi, I just checked. My first Postcrossing postcard went to Germanu. It’s a touristic card of my village. You won’t be able to buy them nowadays anymore.

I’ve allways sent postcards as a child when I went for a holiday

3 Likes

My first card sent to Germany. It shows a nice place to go for a hike. :relaxed:

3 Likes

I used to do post crossing a long time ago. Well. I had numerous accounts. Well most have been deleted and others abandoned due to forgotten passwords. So I started a new with this one. I had been gone for so long, that instead of Finland, Germany is now the dominant Postcrossing champion.

Needless to say, my first card, I sent to Germany.

3 Likes

Mine was this. Unfortunately at that time the site did not allow to load pictures and the receiver has never scanned the card. I don’t even remember what it was, a city view of Milan for sure.

1 Like

This is the first postcard I’ve sent.

My first with this account was SE-167741 to Luxembourg. Unfortunately it wasn’t scanned. I didn’t think about scanning the cards first to my couple of the first sent ones are without pic.

I have no idea what was the first sent card on my first, original account, and that has been already long gone :confused: The very first postcard I sent in my life probably was a birthday greeting or postcard from travels. I used to travel a lot when I was in my teens, and was often asked to send postcards. I was also very lazy with writing postcards so I would often send ones with text “it is raining today”, “I am at this place. See the front for more information” or simply “Lol” (a running joke between some friends I had at that time). I really didn’t put much thought on the writing side back then.

2 Likes

This card to Germany was the first postcard I sent.

The funny thing? It was the second one I mailed! The first one I actually mailed out was here in my own country the USA!

Gotta hand it to the German post office - they must know their stuff!

2 Likes

Funny, the second card went across the ocean and has already arrived, while the first one stays within your country and is still traveling!

3 Likes

My first Postcrossing card went to Russia, but it was not the first one to arrive :slight_smile:

1 Like

My first card through Postcrossing was this:

I just asked for an address and went out, bought a card and went to the post office to send it. I don’t know why I took a sloppy photo with my phone, I didn’t know about uploading photos.
In that month I had to wait, I learned a bit about Postcrossing, and was happy I had a photo of my 1st card! :smiley:

3 Likes

I think this was the first postcard I ever sent through postcrossing, though I might be wrong, since I immediately sent out my limit of five postcards the day I began postcrossing, but I think this is my first one because it’s listed first in my list of sent postcards so…

3 Likes

This is the first card that I have sent!!
IN-403162

1 Like

Unfortunately the image for my first card was removed:

Here is the first card sent with the image still saved:

1 Like

I haven’t any single postcard, when started, and bought my first 5 cards in the Post Office, wrote there and sent imediately. There were just Christmas cards in Post Office on that moment. The first written was this:

but first registred from those 5- this:

This was my first postcard sent! Not very creative, I know, but I decided to be safe with a well known theme, haha.

3 Likes

This is the first card I sent with postcrossing:

By the way: It’s one of my own pictures … The little dog fitting into a bookshelve is called Tara.
The text says “Tara’s reading and greeting”.

4 Likes