Feedback on profile texts

Thank you @industria !!! (loved your nickname). I think I edited my profile from my phone.
:nerd_face:

1 Like

@industria Yes! Itā€™s more structured now for sure. I would say the initial chaotic confusion is gone completely! I think itā€™s also interesting to list cards you want to get first, and your interests in the end, because most people do the opposite and it make your profile quite original in feeling

1 Like

inserting emojis while editing my profile on my phone worked! Thank you for the tip!

1 Like

Hi
Every time I go on the forum I read something about profiles that are too long, short, impersonal or demanding, so I am getting paranoid.
Please could someone take a look at mine and let me know if it would be likely to work for the majority of Postcrossers?
Any suggestions for improvements would be welcomed.
thanks

Iā€™d love some feedback on my profile as well. Is it long enough or should I add more about myself/what cards Iā€™d like?

I would love to draw your profile one day! Itā€™s lovely. Donā€™t change it.

Hello!
I just read your profile and I liked it a lot. Itā€™s warm and friendly. I even felt that I wanted to send you a postcard!

Thanks.
That means a lot.
I should stop reading the forum and stop worrying maybe.

Thank you.

I think yours is pretty much the perfect profile.

@Sophie089, nothing wrong with yours either.

Some may say to you that having no list makes it harder to choose a card. I prefer choosing the card based on who the recipient is so for me itā€™s fine.

1 Like

Thank you. I am reading that people prefer a list, but I havenā€™t got any clue what Iā€™d put in it as Iā€™m not collecting cards -just connecting with people.

1 Like

Hi there!
I have read so much about the perfect profile and I know thatā€™s not possible to achieve since everyone has different needs but I could use some feedback on my profile:

• needs more personal info
  • too much personal info
  • list of wishes for card would be helpful
  • I donā€™t need a wishlist for cards
  • itā€™s easy to find the information needed
  • profile text is confusing
  • ideas for writing are helpful
  • I donā€™t need ideas on what to write
  • bad English (please let me know what I could improve)

0 voters

1 Like

I think itā€™s a great profile! I ticked ā€˜bad Englishā€™ (do forgive me) because the capitalisation and formatting of the text arenā€™t quite correct and you have two verys in the same sentence at the start.

Iā€™d remove one very, capitalise LotR correctly, start each bullet point with a capital letter and make the last point regular text. Iā€™d also like to add a space between paragraphs to make reading easier, especially at the end. Perhaps the second block of text could be one or two proper paragraphs, not each sentence on a separate line.

Formatting aside, it reads well, isnā€™t too hard to read and generally sounds happy and interesting. I hope I get to send a card to you one day, I have the perfect stamps!

Very nice profile, not demanding at all and easy to find the perfect postcard for you :blush:

I think your profile is very nice.
Some postcrossers might prefer a list to choose from, but to me itā€™s just fine the way you wrote it.
If I were to get your address, I would send something I like myself, like a lovely illustration.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. I tried to improve those points you made :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback! :grin:

@Jarana and @Xute thank you very much for the feedback. I changed my profile a bit and hope it makes more sense now. Your feedback has been super valuable! :pray:

Hey everyone! Iā€™m new here (just sent my first 5 postcards). I would greatly appreciate feedback on my profile please

I think itā€™s a very nice profile! It all sounds interesting and thereā€™s a lot there for people to write about.

For someone with less English, it might be a bit of a lump of text - it can help if you use shorter paragraphs and a space between them. I would also always recommend dropping the text into google translate and translating it into Russian or Chinese and then back again. If something doesnā€™t make sense after, it may be too complicated in its wording.

Otherwise, I think it reads well and I hope I get to send you a card one day!

2 Likes