February 10, 2024 | Montclair, CA | Lunar New Year

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Montclair, CA (SoCal/ Inland Empire)
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Moreno St. Market, a.k.a. the food court inside Montclair Place mall
5060 N Montclair Plaza Ln, Montclair, CA 91763
:calendar: DATE: Saturday, February 10, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 9:30-11:30 am PST
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:
Howdy, SoCal/ IE folks!
What better way to kick off the Lunar New Year (Year of the Dragon) than with a good old-fashioned Postcrossing meetup? :slight_smile:
My friend Oce @ohhsayy and I will be cohosting this event to be held on Sat. 2/10. We’re building off of the good vibes from last February’s meetup at this same location (thanks again Van @Vandelion and Kristi @Kristi-D !)
“Is it really at 9:30am? Doesn’t the mall open at 10am?” Yes, and yes – the mall actually opens doors at 9am on Saturdays for those who prefer to walk around inside. We recommend parking at the entrance to the Market (north side of the mall, from Moreno Street) so that you can save your feet for the shopping you’ll be doing when we’re done. :wink:

For you LA/ SAN GABRIEL VALLEY peeps looking into public transit:
Metrolink does have a train on the San Bernardino Line leaving LA Union Station around 8:38am, which would put you at the Montclair station around 9:40am. Your best bet from the Montclair station would be to take an Uber/ Lyft to the mall, which is only about a mile away. Foothill Transit bus line 492 can take you from the Montclair station to the mall, but it only runs every 30 minutes on Saturdays.

If you know you’re down to join us, feel free to comment in this thread and hit that blue RSVP button at the top… Much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing faces both old and new.
Take care of yourself and see you soon!!!

13 Likes

Thanks, Mike. By a stroke of luck, I should be able to attend that day. I appreciate you and OCE scheduling this gathering for us. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone!

3 Likes

@Kristi-D It’s my pleasure! Honestly you and Van did all the heavy lifting the last time around… you guys made my work easy. :wink: And @ohhsayy helps make me look good too. Haha
Looking forward to seeing you!!

3 Likes

Yay! Count me in!

3 Likes

@tianye4869 Fantastic! Thanks Tian! Looking forward to seeing you again. :smiley:

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Count me in!

3 Likes

Am so happy that I can attend. Last February was my first Postcrossing meetup and it was really fun. See you all there!

5 Likes

Thank you for organizing it. Count me tentative because I live some distance away and will need to confirm closer to the date that I can make the trip.

3 Likes

Hello! Looking forward to this, as there seem to be surprisingly few meetups in the LA area, so I’m only averaging about one per year, but I always enjoy it, and draw plenty of people who are happy to get meetup cards!

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing everyone! :sparkles:

2 Likes

Count me in!

Can’t wait to see another fantastic design on the card!

3 Likes

Hello! I’d be honoured to attend! It’s been a long, long time I’ve attended a meetup in the metro LA area!

4 Likes

Hello,

How fun. It’s a tentative yes from me. I’ve been working like crazy this holiday season that I think I can ditch a weekend. :slight_smile: We should be less busy in mid-February so I won’t feel guilty not working a day.
I might take a friend with me. She’s a postcrosser, but not really active, would she have to rsvp as well?

4 Likes

It’s a tentative yes from me as well. I got there pretty easily with Foothill Transit last time, although it takes a while from Pasadena.

4 Likes

I decided to attend. If they need me to work I can always say I already have plans.

4 Likes

I’ll be there. Can’t wait to see the design!

3 Likes

Excellent! I will be attending. Getting excited already. Yes, it is wonderful to start the new year with a scheduled meetup to celebrate the new year. Year of the dragon :dragon:. Looking forward to the card design, attending this meet up. And seeing friends old and new. llmike007 & ohhsayy, Thank you for hosting. - Guillermo (gmansocal)

4 Likes

I’m already excited to join, I’ll put that on my calendar !

2 Likes

Is there will be a dragon year card design?

2 Likes

@Vandelion the feeling is mutual. Thanks so much for all you and Kristi have done! Can’t wait. :slight_smile:

1 Like