February 10, 2024 | Montclair, CA | Lunar New Year

@wendytel The weather was truly something for the record books but you are absolutely right, it was a blast! Hopefully we will have snow to look at (on the mountains), not drive through, this time around. Haha. Thank you! The feeling is mutual :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just got the Postcrossing ā€œmaybe you should combine several postsā€ prompt so please donā€™t consider this as any less of a response because itā€™s combined, rather a point taken that I really should stop procrastinating on my replies lol.

@wtcelesta Thank you for letting us know! Itā€™s our pleasure. Keep us posted! I hope you can make it.

@trickykid1 Yes you are absolutely right. We try to have meetups in the Inland Empire every couple of months, but yeah, LA as a whole tends to be overlooked. I hope your travel to Montclair isnā€™t terribly long! Thanks for coming out :smiley:

@ohhsayy My man ā€¦ Oce ā€¦ Couldnā€™t do this without you, sir. Thank you so much for everything!!! We are going to have a great time. Canā€™t wait to see how the design shapes out.

@kanosis Looking forward to seeing you! And yes, Oce gets all the credit for that one! He makes me look good. :wink:

@onlyonemrabe82 Hello! We would love to have you. Curious, how long has it been since you attended a meetup? I hope Oce and I live up to expectations :smiley: Looking forward to meeting you!

@catandmouse Hi! Thanks so much for reaching out. So our meetup is on the actual Lunar New Year, does that count as an excuse? haha. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing you again.
And yes, your friend is good for it because youā€™re attending (makes the accounting easier hehe). Iā€™ll make a note to ā€œplus-oneā€ her. Thanks for letting us know!

@swan Thanks for letting me know! Is Metrolink a viable option? Foothill Transit rocked the last time I took itā€¦ twelve years agoā€¦ lol Iā€™m terrible with public transit. I appreciate the hustle and I hope we donā€™t disappoint you!

A cat, a mouse, and a swan walk into the food courtā€¦ LOL Iā€™ll see myself out. #badjokes

@irenemg Thank you! The feeling is mutual! Again @ohhsayy coming in clutch!!

@gmansocal Hello sir! Yes, I totally agree. Always nice to see familiar faces. Looking forward to seeing you!

@orange_memo Yay! The feeling is mutual. I actually havenā€™t seen the design myself, but rest assured, Oce is hard at work putting the touches on it and Iā€™m hoping in the next week or so we can have something to show you and all. And yes, it will be dragon themed :dragon:

Thank you everyone!!!

4 Likes

You can also count me as a tentative yes because I live a couple hours away! It will be so cool to see folks from the Pasadena and Santa Ana meetups again!

3 Likes

@pigeonpost Hi! Awesome, we hope you can make it! I totally agree, Iā€™m starting to see some old handles popping up and itā€™ll be good to match faces with names again! :smiley:

2 Likes

This makes me so happy, as Iā€™m in Claremont! Would love to attend! May I request a tentative plus-one for my boyfriend, too?

What should I bring? The last meetup I went to was five years ago at a postcard convention, so thisā€™ll be a different experience for me.

2 Likes

A decade ago. Since 2016 Iā€™ve attended the San Diego meetups and Iā€™ve done one in Jakarta (2021). I will make way to Montclair via the Silver Streak bus directly from downtown LA. I look forward to meeting you and everyone as well (I noticed some familiar faces might attend there!).

2 Likes

@bandcrab Wow, thatā€™s super convenient for you! Nice :smiley: Yes of course! I will put him down as your plus-one. Looking forward to seeing you!

We will have meetup-specific cards available to purchase ahead of time ā€“ more details to come soon.

You are not obligated to purchase these cards. But I do recommend, if you have the time and resources, purchasing a rubber stamp so that you can ā€œsignā€ your cards and everyone elseā€™s cards without having to physically sign all of them. Personally, I like http://thestampmaker.com as they have a couple of cute ā€œclip artā€ options and it wonā€™t break the bank. I was able to add my Postcrossing and Instagram handles and it ran me about $25.

Generally you want to keep the stamp image to about 1 square inch, since we will have many attendees (itā€™s looking like!).

But please feel free to get creative with your unique stamp. If you wish to mail the cards immediately following the event, you may want to bring stickers, washi, postage stamps, your address book, etc. so that you can prep the cards on-site. Iā€™ve also been known to have like 20 pens on me at any given timeā€¦ a trait I inherited from my dad :smiley:

2 Likes

@onlyonemrabe82 Thatā€™s excellent! Iā€™ve been meaning to go down to San Diego but my schedule just has never quite worked out. Glad you can join us! Sounds great, the feeling is mutual!! :smiley:

I totally forgot about the Silver Streak ā€“ Great call! :bus:

Iā€™d love to swap for a signed card from this meetup. Iā€™m from SoCal and never got to attend an SGV/IE meetup in person. :smiling_face_with_tear: I can offer other meetup cards or something from my album (in profile).

2 Likes

Iā€™d be down to swap! @marupiter :smile: I can even make sure to post it from a Montclair post office to get the mark! Letā€™s follow up before the event!

4 Likes

Count me in! I was at the Santa Ana meet-up and had a blast :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi, So happy there is a local meetup . Iā€™ve been postcrossing for less than a year but I love it. What sort of things should I bring to the meetup? Is there a cost for the postcard you design?

5 Likes

Hello! There will 2 of us attending, myself and @JoBo27. Looking forward it it!!

2 Likes

Looking forward to attending! JoBo27

2 Likes

@marupiter Hi Fiona! Glad to see @pigeonpost got ya covered :smiley:
Please feel free to shoot a message my way if you find your way back to the IE/ SGVā€¦ we try to do a meetup out here every couple of months. Would love to have you join us one of these days.
Take care of yourself and stay warm out there (this desert rat cannot comprehend any temperatures in the single digits or negatives!). :palm_tree:

2 Likes

@Violetbluebird Hi Kat! Sounds great! So glad you could come out for meetup number 2(?) @ohhsayy really knows how to put on a nice event!

@PattyO Hi Patty! Welcome to our local meetup! Weā€™ve found Montclair to be a fairly nice ā€œcentralā€ location for those folks traveling as far as San Diego, LA, Victorville, and Joshua Tree. Hope this will be your first meetup of many.

I will plagiarize my own response to @bandcrab , so please excuse the duplicity :laughing:

We will have meetup-specific cards available to purchase ahead of time ā€“ more details to come soon.

You are not obligated to purchase these cards. But I do recommend, if you have the time and resources, purchasing a rubber stamp so that you can ā€œsignā€ your cards and everyone elseā€™s cards without having to physically sign all of them. Personally, I like http://thestampmaker.com as they have a couple of cute ā€œclip artā€ options and it wonā€™t break the bank. I was able to add my Postcrossing and Instagram handles and it ran me about $25.

Generally you want to keep the stamp image to about 1 square inch, since we will have many attendees (itā€™s looking like!).

But please feel free to get creative with your unique stamp. If you wish to mail the cards immediately following the event, you may want to bring stickers, washi, postage stamps, your address book, etc. so that you can prep the cards on-site. Iā€™ve also been known to have like 20 pens on me at any given timeā€¦ a trait I inherited from my dad :smiley: The more the merrier!

Yes, for our postcard we will have a small fee that offsets our cost of printing the cards and the designerā€™s time in putting the design together. We will have those details available soon! Weā€™ll start taking orders when the design debuts (at least thatā€™s my hope).

Thanks for asking!

@anggenie Hi Angie! Wonderful, I have you and @JoBo27 Joan down. The feeling is mutual, looking forward to meeting the both of you!!

Thank you Everyone!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Just found this post! I am interested in joining, if there are any available spots~ Would be fun to see everyone around! Willing to also offer few ā€œred envelopesā€ with 2~3 postcards inside :wink:

5 Likes

I would love to come to this meetup. Iā€™ve been to the San Diego one a couple of times and LOVE it!

4 Likes

@wenchan91 Hi Wen! Absolutely, have you got a spot for you :smiley: Looking forward to meeting you and YES love the envelope idea! Please feel free to share with the group as you feel comfortable :slight_smile: Thank you!

@zipfoil Hi Val! We are excited to have you. Yay! :smiley: Admittedly I have never been to a San Diego meetup, but they did have some amazing events down there from what Iā€™ve been told. Hope we wonā€™t disappoint! Thanks!

1 Like