EUROPA 2023 stamps

Bosnia and Hercegovina (Poste Srpske) issued 2 stamps. The 1.95 BAM is the standard S.A.L. up to 20 g. letter. 3.30 BAM is to be used on a heavier intl. airmail letter with additional stamps.

9 Likes

Austria

5 Likes

Was Portugal the only country who wrote “Peace - value of humanity”, instead of “Peace — the highest value of humanity”…?

The more I look at it, the more disappointed it makes me…

4 Likes

Spain

6 Likes

Liechtenstein :liechtenstein:

11 Likes

Switzerland :switzerland: & Liechtenstein :liechtenstein:
Whole sheets

Special details regarding the text:

:switzerland: Frieden: der höchste Wert der Menschheit
(not on stamp - only on sheet)

:liechtenstein: FRiEDEN - DAS WERTVoLLSTE GUT DER MENSCHHEiT
(not on stamp - only on sheet)

:de: FRIEDEN - höchstes Gut der Menschheit
(on stamp)

:austria: FRIEDEN - DAS HÖCHSTE GUT DER MENSCHHEIT.
(on stamp)

Official in :uk::
PEACE - The Highest Value of Humanity

:de: by Google Translator:
FRIEDEN - Der höchste Wert der Menschheit

11 Likes

Sverige Sweden

13 Likes

By SV1XV.

:greece: Greece: EUROPA 2023 issue, May 9, 2023. Sheet corner with barcode. Own collection.

12 Likes

Greenland

7 Likes

Oh! in some countries the logo was turned around by 45 or 90 degrees. That is messing with the picture so you can not see the two hearts in a quick look.
That should not be done. I’m wondering what the artist says…

1 Like

…Portugal even turned AND mirrored it…
:unamused: :astonished:

Norway didn’t add the text at all…

Same with Greece: no additional text on the stamps.

A fun fact. The same design in the Europa 2023 stamp of the crossed arms in which all countries have issued and united under a common theme and design are called Omnibus issues.

A question to everyone who collects this year’s EUROPA stamps.

Does anyone know if any of the EUROPA stamp issuing countries has a town/city/locality with a peace-related name where a post office operates? Ideally, the peace-related name is inscribed in the postmark offered by this post office. Or if there is any place in those countries where a notable peace treaty was signed?

For exemple,

• Pokój (‘peace’) in Poland;
  • Myrhorod (‘city of peace’) in Ukraine.

I am asking this for my World Peace Day Maxicard Creation project that doesn’t seem to attract as much attention as my Stamp Out War: Support Ukraine! project, but both are very much alive and ongoing.

Obviously, knowing how to read a given country’s official language is a must in order to find out this information. Sadly, I only know 2 European languages (English and French).

I plan on buying the this year’s EUROPA stamps of Poland and Ukraine to create World Peace Day maxicards this year.

I would like to have this stamp mint. Thank you in advance.

I would like to have this stamp mint. Thnaks in advance

I would like to have these stamps but mint. Thanks in advance.

Serbian issues for this year

2 Likes

Cyrus issue:

3 Likes