[EN] English corner

Hello everyone, this publication is aimed at members of Wroclaw, 3 years ago I was there on a trip and I loved it, I remember with much affection that city and its friendly people. I brought a bookmark, but at that time I did not have a fondness for postcards, I would like to exchange with someone who lives there, I can offer postcards from my province, Granada, Spain. the Alhambra Unesco heritage. or maybe something else … Thank you. Greetings!!

Hi, I’m from Wrocław. If you are interested in postcard from here, send me a PM with your address. Postcards to Spain arrive in about one month :wink:

Thank you so lot . I send your private message. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

I agree that Wroclaw is a most beautiful city. I was in Warsaw and my landlord suggested visiting Wroclaw and I’m so glad I did.

A wonderful country full stop.

1 Like

I totally agree, in the future maybe I would also like to visit Warsaw or Krakow.:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi there,

I try to do the Baltic Sea Cycle Route and will stay at Gdansk from the 2nd to the 4th of October (leaving at the 5th in the morning).
It will be great, to meet some polish postcrosser. Is anybody interested to meet a :turtle: from Germany?

Cześć!

First of all, I apologize for not writing in Polski (I don’t understand much and I have to google a lot concerning spelling and pronounciation–I was not raised and taught in Polish).

Second, my mother’s family is from Polska: Wieszowa, to be precise. When I was a small kid, we used to travel to Wieszowa twice a year to visit my great grandmother. She was the only one who remained in Polska. Those were the happiest holidays I can remember. :heartpulse:
Eating pierogi (my favourite dish as a kid–are there gluten-free versions available?), going on day trips to Bytom, Zabrze, Tarnowski Gory, etc., visiting distant relatives and friends. One souvenier I have from that time is a cassette: Dyskoteka Pana Jacka II. :laughing: It was given to me when I was about 7. I have no walkman any more, but I still have the casette.

A few years after reunion my mom became unemployed which prevented her (us) from visiting her home country. She hasn’t been to Polska in nearly two decades!!! Being unemployed here is no fun (but where is it?); I know many of my former fellow students who got mentally sick from the system here, even when being unemployed for only a short peroid of time.

Furthermore, she became very ill and suffered twice from cancer. She survived, thankfully. :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse: As all the other family members from my maternal family are already dead, including my great grandmother, there are only the two of us left now. (I grew up without a father, thus his family does not count.) Despite all odds, I didn’t become a criminal. Still not rich, etc. but went to university despite my social background and I am still working on getting my mom to visit Polska one day. So I think, she did a good job in raising me. I believe, parents sometimes doubt themselves a lot…

A few weeks ago I received some lovely postcards from Poland for the first time and I showed them to my mom and translated them (she doesn’t understand English). It was such a joy to see her face brighten when she recognized the place on one of the postcards. :heartpulse:

Actually, I wanted to make this post for her birthday but that occurs in several months from now on, and now Christmas is on its way…

As I’m not sure how active this community is, I’m rather early and kindly ask you to send her postcards for Christmas. It would be great if you could drop her a few lines in Polish (or German if you want–but Polski would be best, as it is her mother tongue after all). You could write about your hobbies, the place where you live, something encouraging (she needs it), something funny.

Her name is Halina. In her youth she was an athlete. She loves mountains, Polska, animals (especially cats). Before her family left Polska, she went to several places: Gdansk, Pałac Żelazno (A former castle turned into a hotel. She remembers that it had secret passages–are they still there?), Morskie Oko, Polwysep Helski, Tatry, Warszawa (together with me–are there still so many squirrels in that great park together with the mini golf area?), …maybe you have some beautiful tourist cards you could send. Or other cards, such as for Christmas, animals, …could be also a religious/catholic motif.
The message is important.

It would be amazing, instead of the regular 3 Christmas cards (from a distant relative living in Western part of Germany, me, and the person from the insurance company) she would get a small box full of wonderfull messages written on postcards from her home country.

PM me and I will send you my address but you can directly write the message to her. I would like to receive all (Christmas) cards by the 15th of December 2021 at the latest.

Dziękuję bardzo. :pray:

5 Likes

Hello @geosmin_petrichor
I will send a card with pleasure. Let me know address where it should be delivered.

1 Like

I will also be happy to send a card to your Mom, @geosmin_petrichor :slight_smile: Please send me her address :slight_smile:

1 Like

@geosmin_petrichor Hej Nadine, thank you for the beautiful message. As for pierogi, I saw a few gluten-free recipes and I also tried to make one myself (for my sister-in-law) and the dough only came out the third time :sweat_smile: Though for me this is definitely not the same and for me my Mom’s pierogi are the best :heart: Finally, I will gladly send a card to your Mom :blush:

1 Like

Hi, enter your shipping details - I’ll be happy to send you a card :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello. I can also send a card for your mom. Please send me the address! :smiling_face::wink:

1 Like

I would love to send Your mom a postcard, send me please a PM with adress.

1 Like

Hello good people from Poland!

Hopefully anyone from you would be willing to trade EUROPA 2021 stamps with me. I find the motif of wanishing lynx very touching, and in return for the particular stamp on card I offer one EUROPA stamp from Slovenia, as well on card.
My offer of cards.

1 Like

Thank you for all so far who contacted me. I already bought a small box where to put your postcards and letters inside as you can see. I will keep you updated about her reaction on Chritsmas Eve. :slight_smile:

As you can see, so far a letter and a postcard have arrived. Dziękuję bardzo! :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse:

Hopefully, there will be two or three more. My mom will be grateful about even just one single postcard–I know her. She doesn’t take things for granted. The deadline is prolonged to the 22nd of December 2021. If you are interested, feel free to contact me. If you want to receive a postcard in return, let me know. I might not have the best postcards that match your requests, but I will do my best.

2 Likes

It is a pity that I found out on this topic so late, because I would love to join the initiative.

1 Like

Hi Mariusz,

thank you so much for your kind reply. Don’t worry, about it. If you like, you can still join. Just let me know.

I also plan a small swapp project in June for my mom’s birthday in July: Swapping postcards for postcards addressed to my mom. But that will take place in a few months.

However, I’m just grateful about every postcard that arrives for her. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Today was the day. My mom received all your wonderful kind messages you’ve written on postcards and in letters. They made her smile! :hugs: You are all so amazing!!!
My mom gives her deepest gratitude to you!!

We both wish you all a wonderful joyous time. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

That’s how the box looked like before she opened it:

6 Likes

hello, greetings from Japan.

i would just like to let you know that currently i am hosting a postcard giveaway from japan. i know as a fact that the postage to send a card to abroad from Poland is extremely expensive. the highest in Europe. unbelievable for me.

currently, i am hosting a lottery of a card giveaway to all people who wants a card from Japan.

so, if you want a card from me, please go to the lottery section on the forum.

the thread title is :

Cannot really afford much of Postcrossing ? - lottery

please just feel free to enter :slight_smile:

happy new year!

edited to add:
this lottery is now closed but i can still offer a card for you in Poland for free of charge. please just message me with your address anytime.

4 Likes

Hello!

I´m Alena and I´m learning Polish language. I´m looking for swaps and pen pal friends who speak Polish (place of living doesn’t matter) :blush: I love this language, now I understand it quite good but still can´t speak and write in it :slight_smile: So, I would like to receive cards/letters in Polish and I can answer in English/Finnish/Russian - may be you want to improve one of these languages. There is some information about me in my profile in case you want to check if we have anything in common.

1 Like