[EN] English corner

@siobhan, this part is not a stamp at all. It’s called przywieszka, an additional picture related to the stamp but with no postage value.

Polish Post often issues these stamps with a side picture, @KimKajtek posted the whole souvenir sheet above where your przywieszka comes from.

Thank you very much, both of you - so it is what I suspected.

Can you tell if the postmark is from the Polish post or just a good-looking private rubber stamp?

The postmark is a bit more tricky - but it doesn’t look like a normal one.

The “P.K.P.” on top seems to be the abbreviation for Polskie Koleje Państwowe, Polish Railways. Then we have Kamieńsk Wałbrzyski, which could be the town but wikipedia says Kamieńsk is actually a borough of another city, so it’s impossible for it to have its own postmark. An then I think I also see the word “kasa” which would be the window where you buy railway tickets… So it looks like a cancellation of some kind from a railway stop?

It’s not the usual way how the railway cancels the tickets of passengers, though.

How confusing! But thank you very much for your detailed explanation! I guess it is possible that this card was sent using a forwarding service then, if it is not properly canceled. That would make me feel better about it. :wink:

Hi @siobhan, @delenn_mir, @KimKajtek,

it is a problem of the design. I saw similar stamps in Germany, but both sides were valid stamps. The Polish edition, although beautiful, might be confusing for older people or people that have sight problem. I myself without glasses could easily use the wrong side.

Cheers,
Bohun

I’m thinking like @siobhan, that this card was sent with the forwarding service of Napisz Kartkę, since it seems it didn’t go through normal postal traffic (the unusual “cancellation”). Postcrossers who use the service, will sometimes add low value stamps or cancelled stamps or maybe the no-value part of the stamp, too, to make their card look nicer, as the German Post doesn’t add their own stamps.

As for the stamps themselves, they are not easily obtainable at a regular post office (or any other issues with that design, and Polish Post usually has a few like these every year), I rather think they were ordered online and the sender knew what they were using. But like I said, personally, I think it was done to make the card look nicer, not to cheat.

1 Like

Hello:

I wonder where can I find the Latest Collection Time (for a mailpiece to be postmarked with date as dropped off) for the mailboxes and post offices

The Poczta Polska only shows the working hours of post offices.

Thank you.

Honestly, I have no idea if such information is available anywhere online.

From what I know, the hours of collection are written on the mailboxes themselves (and it’s only one collection per day). If you go to the post office and ask the postal clerk to take the mail from you instead of dropping it into the mailbox, it will probably get postmarked that day even if you do it after the collection time on the mailbox but I have no idea if it really works like this.

The post just says that if you post something after hour X (can be 12 to 14/15, depending on the post office), it is treated as mailed the next day. I am not sure there is such a thing as official Latest Collection Time for a post office. But maybe someone else can shed more light on this.

hello :slight_smile:
I am looking for this postcard Drawings: 5 x Titina and Friends - Poland (bundle of 5 cards)| Postcards Market
and this https://www.postcardsisters.com/product-page/poland-wordcloud-postcard-1

from Poland :slight_smile:
Anybody has these for swapping? :heart: happy to help with your wishes in return!

Postcard is available here: Piękne pocztówki i widokówki dla każdego - House of Postcards

1 Like

Hello!
I recently moved to Poland and haven’t learned języka polskiego yet. Please, help me. I don’t know where beautiful stamps are sold. When I was sending 7 cards from a post office, I asked to stick on beautiful stamps, but it was the Easter eggs stuck on all my cards. And it costs 57zl. Where do you buy the nice stamps? And why is it costs so expensive?

https://www.poczta-polska.pl/znaczki-2020/
I don’t understand where I can buy these stamps

Hi @St_Izergil

At most of the cashiers you will get the standard-design stamps or stamps that are left after Easter/Christmas. You would need to sort out at which post office in your town there is a philatelist’s cashier. There are usually open for a few hours during the day.
The easiest would be to order stamps from the website of Poczta Polska. In that way you can select the available stamps and they will send you a package.

Hi @St_Izergil

It’s like @Bohun says, most post offices will have a very limited selection of stamps, the nice ones can be bought online here: Poczta Polska Philatelic Shop - Welcome

There should also be a philatelic counter in one of Poznań’s post offices, in Kraków it’s in the main one (Kraków 1), so I would check also at Poznań 1. But their opening hours are often unpredictable :wink:

As to why it was so expensive to send cards… well, it is what it is. The price for a postcard/letter abroad is 8 PLN since last September. We are not happy about it but Polish Post has been one of the most expensive ones in Europe for a while now. You didn’t overpay when sending your cards.

@Bohun and @delenn_mir

Dziękuję bardzo!

This is a bit unusual for me :slight_smile: I sent postcards from Spain and Lithuania and it was cheaper than from Poland.
In Belarus, beautiful stamps and even postcards could be bought in all post offices near my house, in the city center and in almost all post offices, at any time of their work. They usually work from 9 am to 8 pm. And the shipment cost about 3 zlotych. I also had a favorite philately shop, which was quite far from my house but it works till 8 pm, so I always could visit it. There were a lot of stamps. I don’t collect stamps, but I like to send my postcards with beautiful stamps to make a recipient pleased.
As soon as I arrived in Poznan, I went to the post office to send postcards. And there are no postcards at the post office :slight_smile: It also came as a slight shock to me. No postcards and no beautiful stamps :slight_smile:
I am also very interested in where local postcrossers buy postcards. I found nice retro postcards in small bookstores in Poznan.
This is a new and interesting experience for me. Like a quest.
It’s a pity that I will have to significantly increase my budget for postcrossing :))))))

@delenn_mir @St_Izergil

Indeed, I live abroad and still, the cost of 8PLN seems to me crazy. But please check the PC profile of halsza, she says that you can send out cards for way cheaper.

It can be a very good alternative.

Thank you very much!!! :heart:

Hello, I was hoping to see if I can connect with the person who sent me the postcard pictured here. I think it was sent as part of a tag game (I’ve played many), but I can’t figure the info that’s written on the card or the sender’s avatar or name. I’d like to thank her (think it’s her) & also want to make sure this wasn’t an “official” card to register. This is a somewhat unique card (from a tourist town on the Baltic Sea) so it should ring a bell! Thanks for any ideas. Please PM me if this is your card! Thank you, Olivia

1 Like

@Livletliv , have you found out who the sender is? I think I saw this puzzle solved in the international part of the forum but if you still need help identifying the user, please let us know here :slight_smile:

Thank you! Yes, I did find out.