[EN] English corner

Hello Everyone!

This thread is for all of you who do not speak Polish but would like to get in touch with the community, swap cards with us, ask for sth, or just say hello.

Welcome to the Polish community!

4 Likes

Dzień dobry!
I have some art cards from Poland. It is printed on the back - KIER Art Cards. Could anybody tell me if there is a website of it or online shop? I googled, but didn’t found anything…

Hi @postcrossing-girl,

Welcome to the Polish Corner.

As to your question. This must be a name of a small print-shop or a similar that does not even have a website. I could not find anything on google and duckduckgo.

By the way, the world kier means hearts (one of the four suits in playing cards).

Greetings!

Hello, I found this website:
https://www.kier.krakow.pl/index.htm
Not sure if that’s what you’re looking for and I think they don’t sell online. :thinking:

I think you mean this company: https://www.kier.krakow.pl/
but I don’t thing they have on-line shop

Dziękuję bardzo!

Maybe someone from Poland have some art cards of this edition or any other, I will be glad to swap!

Poland recently issued or will soon issue some very nice stamps that I am looking for for my collection (used as postage on a view card). Maybe someone can help me? I am looking for the three Dinosaurs, Beethoven and the Year of the Ox. I am sure that I can find something to send you in return. :smiley:

Also I hope to get these postmarks from Wrocław on postcards.

Hi @dustin15, do you mean stamps?

yes, forgot the word. :see_no_evil: :joy:

I received this card with a Polish ID today but I’m confused by the stamp and postmark. Can someone explain what is republika łukowska? Is it just a geographic area in Poland? I thought Polish stamps said Polska. Thanks!!
IMG_20210127_173426|340x255

This is really strange, I can’t find anything in Google about “Republika Łukowska”.

The stamp is not a real Polish stamp and neither is the postmark. This card has not been sent via the Polish postal system, so far as I can tell. It might have been sent using this forwarding service to Germany and processed by German post. These mail items do not get any stamps from Germany, I believe, it’s all paid in bulk by the forwarding company, and postcrossers using the service will sometimes add small denomination or used stamps for the card to have any stamp at all. This one here is someone’s personal creation.

In any case, Łuków is a town in eastern Poland (łukowski/łukowska is the masculine/feminine adjective), in Lublin voivodeship but I haven’t heard or found anything about “Republika Łukowska”. Maybe other members will have more insight…

Hi @darkestperu, it looks like a sticker. There was no Republika Łukowska.

Dear Postcrossers of Poland

I have a question regarding the Year of Lem:

The year of 2021 is declared to be the Year of Stanisław Lem in Poland, according to the November 27, 2020 resolution of Sejm which assigned several patrons for the year, so that 2021 is to be known as the Stanisław Lem Year, Stefan Wyszyński Year, Cyprian Norwid Year, Krzysztof Kamil Baczyński Year, Tadeusz Różewicz Year, as well as the Constitution of 3 May Year in Poland.
2021 is the year of the 100th Stanisław Lem anniversary. Wikipedia

Do you know if there are any postcards about the 100 year anniversary of Stanislav Lem that I could get online?

Maybe you could find out if the creator of this RedBubble greeting card has a postcard?
https://www.redbubble.com/i/greeting-card/Stanislaw-Lem-by-allycraig/34206315.5MT14

1 Like

I haven’t seen any cards related to Stanisław Lem or his writing, unfortunately. Not for the 100th anniversary or just in general.

There is a stamp planned in September but that’s it, as far as I know.

2 Likes

Well, there is a stamp with LEM (first polish science satelite) released by Polish Post in 2011.

There will be a postcard, we’re working on it (House of Postcards)

2 Likes

Thank you for your answers, I also found a link to an international poster competition lemland21.

Hi everyone,

I’m wondering if this is a valid stamp. It doesn’t have a value on it (or “Polska”), but it is not a sticker. It looks like the “attachments” that are sometines on the sides of stamps and can be used alongside them. I can’t really tell if the postmark is legit or not either - if I understand correctly, a “fake” cancelation mark could be a sign that the sender used a forwarding service?

It wasn’t on an official postcrossing card so it’s not a question of whether to report or not, simply one of curiosity.

I think person who send to you postcard should stick two stamps. It’s combined

1 Like