Decorating the back of your →NON-HANDMADE POSTCARDS←

Today’s card- probably the last Halloween drawings:

35 Likes

That’s incredibly cute!

excellently done

1 Like

Hi,
I love decorating the back of postcards! Most of the time I really don’t have anything of ‘interest’ to write so I pick my favorite thoughts and quotes that express my opinion and mood. If it’s a travel card I’ll provide a fun experience about it. Sometimes the back of the card has no useful info about the picture. So I cover it in scrapbook paper, and I add washi tape, stickers, and stamps. I’ll also use the ink pad to stamp the rim in various colors to look vintage or worn. I’ll also use a paper punch to round the edges of the card or what I have glued to the back of the card. It’s basically a form of junk journaling I think but not using 3D objects like you would in an actual scrapbook or junk journal.

38 Likes

Welcome to the forum! What beautiful examples!

1 Like

:wave: Hello. If I may ask, what glue do all of you use that sticks well but won’t affect the other side of the card?

Please check the following thread about glue

2 Likes

I rarely send postcards, but I really like to draw drawings sendI rarely send postcards, but I really like to draw pictures fromI rarely send postcards, but I love drawing pictures for the recipients. I rarely send postcards, but I love drawing pictures for the recipients. I only have one photo, but I don’t think it’s bad

12 Likes

@Margaritka_Mann

I like your drawing, but you should (at least) cover the recipient´s address.

1 Like

Oh sorry, I didn’t think of that at all! I’ll upload a corrected photo as soon as I get home, sorry again for my irresponsibility :frowning:

1 Like

They’re still available:
https://shop.deutschepost.de/ergaenzungsmarke-briefmarke-zu-0-02-eur-500er-rolle

1 Like

Please translate your post into English because that is the forum language.
To talk in German is only allowed in #communities:german-deutsch and #meetups:germany

I have started to paint little gouache paintings of the plants you would find in the nation parks featured in the national parks box set.

This one is a prickly pear cactus :cactus: found in zion national park, Utah.

20 Likes

I found more heads in need of bodies.

24 Likes

Little coral reef painting doodle for the Dry Tortugas national park card

26 Likes

I was going through my archive from this year, and realized that I’ve had quite a number of watercolors-on-postcards adventures these past few months :slight_smile:
Here’s one - ‘Alice in the Wonderland’ themed doodle for the tea exchange.

42 Likes

I m in love with it!! So beautifulll

1 Like

Just started with drawing on the back of the cards

27 Likes

Omg this is unbelievably pretty! You are incredibly talented :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Thank you :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Today I decorated this card for a personal swap.

Yes I like vintage, is it that obvious :wink::grinning:

28 Likes