Countdown to 60 million postcards received

217 757 :postcard: to go

This is my new update of the Moment of Truth:
24 January at 18:47 (UTC).

173 300 postcards left to go.

Iā€™m betting on the first of Feb. :sunglasses:

And 60 million isā€¦ amazing!
Imagine all those cardsā€¦ all those stampsā€¦ All that time and effort of picking or making a card, writing it, going to the post boxā€¦ all those travelling cardsā€¦ All those happy receivers. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
(Iā€™m probably a bit too romantic here :laughing:)

5 Likes

100 000 postcards left to go.
And my next update of the Moment of Truth is 24 January, 14:37 (UTC).

1 Like

Beside anger of/at our govā€™s failures in regard to weallknowwhat (another 2-6 weeks of lockdown) my moodā€™s tilting towards depressive too (no denial, a bit of bargaining, some acceptance), so my guess is more pessimistic than certain others :wink: Wish Iā€™d feel your positive numbers)

The last (centi)mile ā€¦ we can vision the celebrations already :sparkler: :fireworks: :sparkler:

99,660 to go (true number this very minute)

01:26 UTC

a card from CO to CA

1 Like

Interesting dynamic ā€¦ and impossible to calculate :shushing_face:

48,944 to go

21:20 UTC

A card from CO to CA

chances that itā€™s one of mine: 1:3000

1 Like

48500 postcards left to go.
I keep my last prediction in force.

Starting to get excited! :smiley: Donā€™t forget to place your bets for the chance of winning some postcard prizes!

5 Likes

The day is the same the 31st but I changed the time to noon 13 oā€™clock

1 Like

44063 postcards left to go! :grin:

1 Like

Hi, Manuela (@manuchka ),

I see that you have corrected the time in the comment from CET to UTC that means +1 hour to the first comment (17:24 CET).
Do I understand correctly that we are talking about 17:24 UTC = 18:24 CET?

@greenskull Hi, I corrected it the very day I wrote my post because I got confused with UTC /CET.
After checking now I confirm that your assumption is correct.

Ah! You want to compete with my first guess :wink: I saw that you corrected to somewhat close 14:00 UTC in the meantime. I stay with my guess anyway.

Yes, once I made a mistake in the calculations and immediately (within 10 minutes) wrote a new comment with the corrected time, and deleted the old comment.
I have never done any other time fixes in my previously written comments :slight_smile:

I keep a record of all the hits in this countdown, as I will then use them to calculate the most talented diviner.
I just want to understand which hit of yours I should take into account ā€“ 17:24 CET or 17:24 UTC.

I clarify because your first try seemed to me better. But it is not exactly :slight_smile:
No problem, Iā€™ll choose the one that you name.

And in the official 60 mio lottery from the founders of Postcrossing, I also make changes every day.

1 Like

A small operation by the dentist and no justified pain for painkillers, so I am cranky and pessimistic. And, as always, stubborn :innocent: :smile: :crazy_face::

32,536 to go

01:25 UTC

A card from CO to CA

2 Likes

If to evaluate the number of occupied time slots, the most part of the participants in the official 60 mio lottery are expecting the Moment of Truth tomorrow on 23 January at about noon.
Although my personal expectations are different from the expectations of the collective unconscious.

Passions run high. Tomorrow it will be fun :slight_smile:

25,000+ cards to register in 5 hours and my guess would be right. Ok, people, GO! Haha. :joy:

1 Like

Last time I was 8 minutes off (21:00 predicted vs 20:52 actual) with a final lead time of 16 days (last prediction) using only 4 revisions (T minus 16/20/25/30 days). That was a different time back then.

Canā€™t say for sure this time, as we are dealing with both holiday dips and influxes, so regression method is less accurate (see the deviation in graph, the R-value is abysmal). I ended up with a hybrid of regression & tangent which lands somewhere between Sunday midnight and Monday afternoon.

Still, wait and see.

3 Likes

16 828 cards to go :smiley:
Iā€™m pretty sure it will happen today,
letā€™s say at 14:49 ( and I just picked that time one the official contest page)

1 Like

I must admit it was not so clever from me to choose a Sunday dateā€¦ no postal deliveries in most countries. :thinking:

1 Like