Countdown to 60 million postcards received

It’s of course for all users who want to ‘participate’ in the countdown, either just reading, by posting ‘only’ the missing cards to go, by adding an individual guess or by offering even a reward.

425,872 to go

2 Likes

So, at the moment we have 7 hypotheses made in different time about the Moment of Truth, expressed in terms of date and UTC time.
These diviners are as follows (guessing):
@Stevyy (22.01.21 Fri 20:21)
@greenskull (26.01.21 Tue 12:00)
@HoosierWyomingite (14.02.21 Sun 14:14)
@thibcabe (14.01.21 Thu 05:50)
@Sleep (19.02.21 Пт 13:00)
@Mattie07 (20.02.21 Sat 12:00)
@lauranalanthalasa (17.02.21 Wed 22:43)

Two of us confirmed their previous predictions a second time later – Stefan (Stevyy) and me (greenskull).

Nobody knows exactly when we’ll cross the 60 million level, as this is a random process influenced by many unpredictable factors. We can only guess with varying accuracy.
But any participant can put here their guessing, relying on any available tools – experience, mathematical skills, intuition or even a Magic Crystal Ball.
And any participant can refine their previous guessing at any time they want – by writing a new comment here with a new prediction.

All data that is available can be viewed here at the moment:

Or here in past:

So, ~425 000 postcards left to go.

I congratulate all Postcrossers on the coming Merry Christmas and I wish everyone to be healthy, successful and happy in the coming new 2021 year.
And I also wish all of us peace, love and prosperity! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

New Year’s gnomes whispered to me that the Cherished moment (60 mio) will come a little earlier, namely on January 25 at 10:30 (UTC).

345 268 :postcard: to go!

My guess 21 January, becsuse that’s my name day, and why not?

2 Likes

I‘ll go for January 24 at 17:24 UTC.

1 Like

If we say in terms of UTC it is January 24, 16:24 UTC, CET=UTC+1

Ok :slight_smile:

314 122 :postcard: to go :wink:

Here’s the traditional guessing game for the big millions!

Come place your bets for the milestone, and you could win some nice packs of postcards! :relaxed:

5 Likes

Wow! It is so nice! :slight_smile:

The postcrosser whose bet is the closest to the exact minute
when postcard number 60 million is registered will win a box set of 100 postcards,
and the 6 next best guesses (before or after the registering time)
will receive a pack of 20–30 postcards each.

And these are incredibly generous prizes!

2 Likes

Let’s make the same guess I did on the contest.

20:21 UTC
DE to GB

Good luck !

1 Like

253 015 to go!

I’m going 8th Feb 2021 at 19.30pm Grenwich meantime. This is fun :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Grenwich meantime = UTC in winter. Ok.

March 3rd, 4:20 pm

1 Like

Less than 244,000 postcards left to go. The Moment of Truth is getting closer :slight_smile:
I always look forward to predictions from Stefan (@Stevyy ). But he seems to be late :slight_smile:

Latenightshift-late :upside_down_face: (many folks are surprised to learn that a decent-sized share of postal work happens during the night)

three quarters done,
243,564 to go

22.01.2021*
22:01 UTC
a card from BA to BY

(*seems like I am superconfident about 2021 going to be awesome, despite all the challenges, that’s why I see strongly accelerated increase of registrations. I am sure there are some Christmas mailings still out there processed and delivered right now this very moment (for example my 20d-trav cards to the Baltics); for the official lottery, I might chose a date slightly later, maybe some hours after @greenskull and @thibcabe :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

2 Likes

22:01? Your previous prediction was 20:21 on the same date.
It’s not a mistake? :slight_smile:

Well, even superstubborns have to bow to the real facts sometimes :tangerine:

1 Like

Are you in the official 60 million lottery?
As far as I understand, you indicated some other prediction there. Is not it?
I indicated the one above on this thread. But I reserve the right to correct it if I see that the fact begins to diverge from this prediction.

PS By the way, yesterday I created the Greenskull’s Magic Mandala with the help of artificial intelligence, which I will soon send to the winner in my unofficial lottery, according to the method, set out above. This is a mandala of amazing beauty :slight_smile:

And I want to especially thank Ana (@meiadeleite ) and Paulo (@paulo ) for the official lottery with their great prizes. Guys, you are incredibly cool! :wink:

This is my new update of the Moment of Truth:
24 January at 17:08 (UTC).